Random, vague ill-thought-out fundamental changes that my brain ponders while tired in the morning
- Buff Killers across the board to be borderline OP, if not actually OP.
- Remove the Hatch completely.
- Each time a Survivor dies, the rest of the Survivors get a noticeable buff and possibly additional abilities; the last Survivor alive will be an absolute machine that can actually fight back against the Killer.
- Dead Survivors can still do...something minor to aid the team as ghosts or something. Significant enough that they still might want to stay and play the rest of the a match out but minor enough that they don't have to feel obligated to stick around, if that makes sense. I'm thinking like when a character is knocked out in Mario Kart 64 Battle Mode and turns into a bomb car.
- The Killer must kill all four Survivors to win. If even one person makes it out the gate, all Survivors win.
I dunno, I'm tired.
Comments
"The hatch exists because it’s basically impossible for a solo survivor to finish generators to be able to open the exits."
That's why I made it so Survivors get powered up each time a Survivor dies. Also why the last Survivor would be strong enough to go toe-to-toe with the Killer. Also, can't have the Hatch lying around anymore if all it takes is one Survivor to escape for Survivors to win.
"I don’t think killers are in a bad spot honestly given the design goal is most games have some survivors live and some die. If you buffed killers across the board you’d end up with most games being 3-4k."
See what I said before about powering up Survivors. Also why the win condition for Survivors has changed to only one Survivor needing to escape for the whole team to win.
I agree it would be nice if Killed Survivors could do something other than just spectate through a death-cam.
You've replaced Hatch with a Survivor fight-back mechanic and also have reduced the win-condition to if the Killer dies or not. Unless it's part of a Killers Power (EG: Victor) This does not make sense from a core gameplay loop perspective as it would be a different game.
Killer can't die. Survivor just can fight back.
Which implies that fighting back is a means to an end. How does this work in a 3-genfuck scenario? Is the Killer put in time-out so a Survivor can sit-n-spin on the last Gen since Hatch is gone?
Same as always, except Survivor has a better chance to actually finish gens and escape?
This is with regards to 1 Survivor remaining.
If I am the last Survivor alive, should I be able to expect to stun the Killer for upwards of 80s so I finish the last Generator, and stun them for the remaining time in order to Open the Exit gate? On top of being able to intertwine that with Stealth?
No?
If you're the last Survivor and there are any generators remaining, that is the only thing you would be able to do. What exactly is this fight-back mechanic supposed to accomplish?
Sorry, I think I misunderstood what you meant. I assumed you meant stun the Killer, the stun lasts 80+ secconds, then stun the Killer again so the Survivor can free escape.
Yes, the idea is that the Survivor MAYBE would be able to keep the Killer at bay long enough to finish and escape.
But in effect, should be able to stun them for a cumulative 80+ seconds, and designed in such a way as that it's a symmetrical balance of skill, I assume?
Not symmetrical. Killer would still have the advantage, especially if there are multiple gens to be done.
So, assuming MMR ever actually works, should never happen? Or if it does it's a huge disgrace on the Killers part and means that they are shite?
First of all nice Titel.
Second I am a killer main but hell would I love to play survivor if I could ghost around the map after my death maybe latch onto the killer to. Impere his movement or make him slightly wiggle from left to right so he might miss a hit or you can give the other survivors short vusial warnings when they work on a Gen that the killer is coming
Underdogs are very capable of winning. Might not do it very often, but if it were an impossibility, the concept of an underdog wouldn't really be possible, now would it?
Right, but you've shifted that from RNG Hatch spawn placement into a competitive skill-based mechanic. Go play Street Fighter.
Are you implying something is wrong with that?
I'm implying that's a different dynamic that what DBD is.
But you're not implying something is wrong with that, correct?
No. I absolutely am amazed at the competitive scene of fighting games, and have occasionally watched some DB FighterZ character moveset videos and just love watching the analysis (even if most of the terms fly over my head).
Okay, so if there's nothing wrong with that, what is the point of telling me that it's different as though it is a rebuttal to what I am saying?
DBD is a Horror themed Cat and Mouse game. You're trying to turn it into a Horror themed Fighting game.
That doesn't answer my question.
What exactly are you saying? Kinda lost now.
I asked you what the point of telling me this: "I'm implying that's a different dynamic that what DBD is." if it is not you implying that something is wrong with that.
Oh, well it's kinda like saying to a 2D Street Fighter fan that they should add a 3rd dimension to the game under the same title.
Sure, The game is still there, but there's a whole new element to it that under a different coat of paint would make it an entirely new game.
How are my suggestions comparable to switching between 2D and 3D? Are you saying this is comparable to saying that Dead By Daylight should be changed to a 2D video game?
In terms of mechanical change, kinda. Instead of Survivors getting weaker with fewer Survivors, they get stronger. There is no (Hatch) failsafe anymore, you fight or you die. Ironically while your win-condition does make it more impactful for a single Survivor to escape, your mechanical changes make Survivors much more independently impactful and making it much more likely to reach the 1v1 scenario (with the OP Killer buffs).
None of those things, even put together, come close to the magnitude of change introduced by changing the number of dimensions in a video game.
Also, with regards to this:
"your mechanical changes make Survivors much more independently impactful and making it much more likely to reach the 1v1 scenario (with the OP Killer buffs)"
A 1v1 just means that three Survivors have left the trial (either through death or escape). Not sure what you're trying to suggest here because a 1v1 is not an uncommon situation to encounter at all.
Okay I'm confused. What exactly do you mean by "additional abilities", and "the last Survivor alive will be an absolute machine that can actually fight back against the Killer"?
Not sure yet. See topic title.
Ah. Well when you figure it out just re-read my comments.
I mean, I said everything I wanted to say regarding your comments.
Oh, so the abilities are going to intentionally be taking the easy way out with regards to simply "Hooking the Killer".
You can make whatever assumptions you want until I figure out how to flesh things out.
Wish you the best of luck