Survivors can use Halloween items the whole year, Killers 2 weeks...

It's so dumb that survivors can use Halloween items and addons the whole year while the killer addon is only allowed 2 weeks a year. Change that.

Comments

  • I’d imagine it’s due to bugs. Those add ons probably don’t even work after each update so they disable them. It’s easy to have them work for 2 weeks as opposed to 12 months

  • It's not even that they're only active for 2 weeks, the Survivor Add-ons are kind of good while the Killer ones are memes at best

  • Glad I spent bloodpoints on that stupid crap I can't even use anymore. Survivor can still use it's pretty good for Syringes medkits.

  • It's probably to prevent Blight from using 6 rushes as long as they have those Add-ons.

    Imagine 6 rush Blight with Alchemist Ring, and you would see it during the year, it would be a nightmare and nightmares are for Halloween so that's why it's only during Halloween.


    Forget what I said, that's probably not the reason, I just like to think of a reason.

  • I think McLean answered that question before on his stream... I can't remember what he said, but I'm sure it was a ridiculous reason.

  • "Because the killer add-on is overpowered", something like that probably. Half of the time it didn't even work on Trapper, so what's so OP about that.

    I'm so glad I just leveled up survivors instead of killers, so I don't have any of those serum crap rotting away for a year in my inventory.

  • @MrDardon said:

    It's probably to prevent Blight from using 6 rushes as long as they have those Add-ons.

    Imagine 6 rush Blight with Alchemist Ring, and you would see it during the year, it would be a nightmare and nightmares are for Halloween so that's why it's only during Halloween.

    Forget what I said, that's probably not the reason, I just like to think of a reason.

    Honestly 6 rush blight isn't half bad as Alchemist ring/ Blighted crow/ Iri add ons.

  • @Myla said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2700658#Comment_2700658

    Honestly 6 rush blight isn't half bad as Alchemist ring/ Blighted crow/ Iri add ons.

    I'd imagine 6 rushes with Alchemist's Ring could be even more fun.

  • Pro-Tip for next Halloween: use Bubba with the blight serum, its just too much fun when you all of the sudden fling yourself over half the map, bump into a wall next to a shocked and flappergasted survivor and then start sawing.

  • Unless I'm missing something, isn't the survivor side of the bloodweb just... reskinned normal items? That makes a fair amount more sense to be available year-round, frankly.

  • @MrDardon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2700733#Comment_2700733

    I'd imagine 6 rushes with Alchemist's Ring could be even more fun.

    Not really. Any investment you made on a 6th rush would most likely been finished faster with Blighted crow or Btags. Plus if you mess up that's longer cool down for you.

  • @Akumakaji said:

    Pro-Tip for next Halloween: use Bubba with the blight serum, its just too much fun when you all of the sudden fling yourself over half the map, bump into a wall next to a shocked and flappergasted survivor and then start sawing.

    exactly what i was doing :D

  • @Myla said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2700735#Comment_2700735

    Not really. Any investment you made on a 6th rush would most likely been finished faster with Blighted crow or Btags. Plus if you mess up that's longer cool down for you.

    Might be. But 6 rushes can also confuse the one or other Survivor since they'll expect 5. Not sure, maybe I never even noticed it or I never actually played against a 6 rush Blight so it's just theory from my part.

  • @jesterkind said:

    Unless I'm missing something, isn't the survivor side of the bloodweb just... reskinned normal items? That makes a fair amount more sense to be available year-round, frankly.

    Refined Serum (movement speed bonus for survivor)