Did anyone ever think about how we are all harder on others than ourselves?
It is always our teammates or oponents that are doing the wrong things judging by most of our comments.
But I know we are not being real because it ends up being ironic when we all point fingers at each other.
This is about "mistakes" not stuff like toxicness during games or nasty messages because I know some of us are definitely not guilty of this.
I was pretty harsh on people when I first started but now I rarely catch myself judging others during the match at least.
The point of this thread is that we are not perfect ourselves.
Comments
This happens in any team based game. It’s never your fault an always your team’s
Same. The worst thing is to blame game or teammates for my own mistakes, now Im just angry at myself.
And dont really care how others play unless its cheating or intentional sandbagging
You shouldn't be too hard on yourself either. Just enjoy the game and be respectful towards respectful people.
It's easier to blame someone than yourself. It's human nature really. I am pretty convinced that most posters in these forums have a problem with their own gameplay than getting matched with the impossible and I legit haven't seen someone ask on Tips on how to play as Killer or Survivor in a long long time. 50 hours below players are already joining the game is unbalanced discussions lol. Just bizarre when the first thing I did when I got mopped on the floor on Ranked is ask how to improve not immediately blame things when I first started playing the game.
Have a ton of respect on people making a Topic and posting their own Gameplay so we can actually critique if they did anything wrong.
Well its hard not to be, if you had perfect jungle gym to play and you go down in 10 seconds instead. But its more like learning note for myself to do better next time, not the end of the world. Its just a game after all
It is hard to actually blame yourself and praise others but believe me, you feel alot better by doing so.
Thanks to some particular people, I fought out of that hate and misery. By being more kind and getting kindness back I started becoming happier and happier everyday.
Positive people really do wonders.
A few evenings ago I realized how I was and what I did, it almost made me cry.
I'd like to think that I can recognise when I make mistakes and I don't blame the team all the time, but when you have someone using Tier 2 Lightweight and doing nothing but Urban Evasion around the map while you get tunneled through cages by a really angry Pyramid Head who doesn't like the fact you're using MOM, I can't help but feel like the fact gens took a while wasn't entirely my fault.
Also as killer I bash on myself until there's 14 pallets as Speed Limiter Bubba, then I'm happy to get a single kill lmao)
Ha not me.
I bash on myself practicly every game
Every time when the killer sacrifices me, I blame myself for what I did wrong.
Even during the game when I fail in the chase or couldn't hide properly, I say to myself "I made a mistake here. I could do X and Y instead."
This attitude always helps me get better.
The times I was angry at my teammates was when they didn't know what they were actually doing or using their teammates as bait to let the killer leave them.
People who played with friends and left together without saving me from the hook and more as such.
In this game, it usually is. No reason to take 10 minutes to do 5 gens.
Yesterday I was lightly swearing against a Wraith , but then I took a big breath and told myself he's just a player enjoying the game and calmed myself. He then proceeded to hard tunnel me, I ran him for the remaining match and my team bodyblocked and saved me, but he DCed before we could escape. I swear this game is sentient and actively tries to tilt its players.
Jokes aside, you're right we tend to overestimate ourselves and and not blame us for what happens. We should have more self awareness...
I degrade myself so much on dbd that you can see it in some of my posts on here lmao