Reduce the grind already
Okay yes, another "reduce the grind" thread, but seriously, just reduce it please.
So this is made post Stranger Things chapter removal, so their perks will be in the universal teachable category.
In total there are 101 survivor perks, 81 teachables, 20 universal perks.
For killers, there are 90 perks, 75 teachables, 15 universal.
This means that just to get all the survivor perks on a single survivor to tier 3, you would be spending 1,515,000bp. This is fine cuz survivors are really just a skin, but for killers, that's not the case, each of them have their own ability, and to get all the perks on the killers they wanna play, it is 1,350,000bp.
Keep in mind this doesn't even include each blood web you go through to get these perks on the character you play as, or the amount of bloodpoints spent to unlock the teachables. Yes there is a shrine of secrets but that's 4 new perks every week, and no one has a random amount of 4,000 iri shards laying around to get perks for their chosen side, or even 8,000 if they play both sides.
I saw someone with the idea to turn rift fragments to shards once you've completed the rift, and that doesn't seem like a bad idea at all, I'm all for that. And to reduce the bloodpoint grind, i've seen numerous people suggest to remove perk tiers. If that was done the amount of BP survivors would spend to unlock a perk (if 6,000 was the set amount) would be 606,000bp. For killers (again if it was 6,000), it'd be 540,000bp.
So just reduce the grind already, please.
Comments
They simply could cut the overall prices in the web.
This would easily reduce the grind by x%.
Personally, I'd like to see perk tiers removed. They are so inconsistent as some perks are not worth at all to bring at tier 1 and for other this doesn't even matter. And removing them would greatly reduce the grind, and even make implementations of new perks way easier, so it's a win-win.
exactly, it reduces the grind by half and can prove to make the grind significantly smaller, prestiges don't matter as those are by choice, but when you're a killer or survivor trying to get all the perks on your main survivor/killer, it's a pain in the ass due to the grind
Ikr, I don't even prestige and my survivors and killers are far from getting the perks I need.
@Akumakaji had a great idea for bloodweb and prestiging.
If you prestige like at P2 all perks will already come at rank 2, likewise at rank 3 at P3.
I really like this idea.
Thanks for mentioning me :>
Truth be told, its an idea that has been thrown around quite some time and I just repeated it. But it's actually quite an elegant solution to make the grind and P3ing all the characters somewhat worth it.
When you P3 some character the grind is immense and one of the runs you might end up with perks that won't even allow you any real build. When I P3ed my Pyramid Head I only got BBQ and my beloved Scourge Hook: Pain res. when I was 6 bloodwebs over lvl 50. Now I freshly P3ed my cute Demogorgon and at lvl 40 I still got nothing resembling a real build. Its really frustrating and makes me think twice about P3ing the characters for which I already got an alternate costume, as the P3 alone offers zero benefit beyond some super vague "you'll get better bloodwebs".