All the survivors were invulnerable for their first hit of every chase, I need help on why (hacks?)
So. I'm in a game, I'm running around trying to find people, its the map with the garage/car repair shop, and I find a blue glowey person and whack them as the huntress lady whoever, and the animation for them getting hit and running faster plays, but then they straighten back up as if nothing ever happened. After a while of chasing and them going through an almost unbeatable window loop, i give up the chase, to find someone different almost immediately, the same thing happening, them feigning invulnerability. This happens a third time in a row, and at this point i'm losing my mind at the fact that im watching very closely and they absolutely aren't using a Dead Hard, and with the blue sparkles almost literally everywhere, i completely abandon the survivors to go find the totem, and after not having found it, the survivors eventually get bored and leave.
After the match ended, I see that none of them have any boon totem perks, but almost all of them have Dead Hard. None of them have anything else that remotely gives invulnerability or quick healing, or anything, so I have no idea what happened or whats going on with all that.
So first of all, I'd like to know what the Blue Sparkles I see on the edges of my screen and over survivors are, and if theyre supposed to be related to boon totems, and then if theres an ambiguous understanding that lag, in severe cases, can cause animations to be wigged out and not reliable, as lag has been an absolutely unbelievable issue for me as the killer that I probably shouldnt go into a rant about here.
EDIT: Also, now that i can see that its relevant, I heard what i assume are the boon chimes probably six times in a row and never found any lit totems, even though i found 3 blank ones.
Comments
Snowmen, the mist over them is because they were in a snowman, the first hit invulnerability was because they were in a snowman.
I see, so basically a survivor can enter and then pop a snowman to get a free defense, whenever? How long does this last, and why can I also see it on my screen as the killer?
The snowman will take the hit for them.
Then this doesn't answer my question, I understand how hitting someone when theyre inside of a snowman won't down them, and allow them to flee, but snowmen weren't a part of my encounter.
Ok, the snowmen are the reason that blue stuff is around them, if they weren't in a snowman and kinda just didn't take any damage, they might have had an insta-heal hack, I would report that (With recorded evidence) to https://support.deadbydaylight.com/hc/en-us
Keep in mind those report require an in-game report to be looked into…
pain
Yeah.
this report system..,
Oof okay thank you, I mostly just wanted to know if this is what that looked like, or if it was actually something that was a part of the game. Real quick, for the killer, is there any visual indication of boon totems, or do you just kinda have to walk around until you hear one? And, what is the purpose of the blue snowey effect on the killers HUD?
There's no visual for Killers for boons. You just have to hear it. The blue snowey effect on the killers HUD shows up the first time you pop a snowman with a Survivor in it. That means you're going to get one of the event cosmetics at the end of the game.
Actually, I have a question... were they moving at normal speed before you hit them?
Yea, as far as I could tell. I know for sure at least one of them didn't use dead hard if thats what youre getting at, the others maybe, but I know now so its not a big deal
No... When Survivors are in snowmen the move really slowly. I was wondering if you got a weird bug where the snowmen didn't render. If they were moving normally, then that's not it.
Oh yea no they were running and jumping and vaulting and stuff