Snowpeople are a net neutral to the Killer experience
Ngl, I'm kind of tired of all the doomposting in regards to the snow people.
Plenty of people use them as a resource just like a window or a pallet to get an edge over the killer in chase. A couple killers in particular are hurt more than others like GF, which is understandable why they would feel a robbed.
But are we gonna pretend that they aren't used to sandbag? For as many "bs endurance/free health states" that survivors get, you also get just as many people goofing off and screwing around. Do these same killer players mention that? Nope. Either because its convenient to forget, but more than likely it's because they dont physically see the sandbagging and wasted time. Because, you know, they are hiding inside a snowperson.
Before I went to work I played against a Legion where we had a suicider so I said frig it, I'm gonna hide. and they caught me moving- so I stood still and held my breath, and the dude stared at me for at least 30 seconds wondering if he just imagined things. I couldn't control my laughter as he bursted my bubble and I went on the hook.
I just cant take this game seriously right now, and I couldn't be happier. It's actually helped me jump back into Killer a little bit. Killer is so stressful, I just cant find it in me to be salty with these things around.
Am I the only self identified killer enthusiast who feels similarly?
I'm not trying to invalidate other people's feelings or emotions, but I feel the need to add my 2 cents.
Comments
Snowmen are mostly a problem if you're playing Twins or Ghostface in particular. But I agree that you can't understate the frustration on the survivor side, either - for every smart play I've seen a teammate make with a snowman, I've had a random MIA in favor of snowman antics. Yesterday I had a match where a healthy Cheryl with Blood Pact spent three minutes dicking around in a snowman (and I know that because I was the injured obsession and she disappeared from Blood Pact's aura read) while one and eventually two people languished in basement and she was the only one who could have possibly gone for the save, because I had no means to heal myself while she was Frosty the Snowmanning across the map and the killer was proxy camping. Another time, I hit stage 2 because the closest person to me was spinning in circles in a snow suit. Those kinds of frustrating stories where the team needs everyone and someone is off playing with the event goodies for prolonged periods of time are pretty common, and they're absolutely benefitting the killer - but like you said, the killer typically can't see that it's happening. They don't chalk up the win to the event because they don't know why the team went down, just that it did.
However, survivors goofing off while other parts of the team try to work isn't an issue in SWFs... which is where most killer complaints about survivors come from. It's the usual disparity magnified - on the one side, snowmen wandering in to bodyblock a doorway mid-chase, on the other, only two survivors doing anything while the other two pantomime a snowman romance on the other side of the map.
Still. I think mostly killers are salty that there's nothing for them to do in this event; no items, no interactions (beyond hitting the snowmen, which occasionally cause a survivor to make a play they couldn't otherwise.) But I could be wrong about that.
Stop with no one sided posts. We need more hate Laura.
Killer's are annoyed that Snowmen gives a free hit. Unless you have some Aoe ability you're forced to break the snowman first to land a hit.
The game is a bit crapola for Killers at the moment so to give them a free health state is just badword.
If i see survs in snowmen i ignore them, bar ecg.
This is extremely insightful, thanks for this input. And of course you are right, as a killer you dont see all of this. To me it seems as if all survivors play "slam the gen" all the time, and when you interupt them, they occasional jump into a Snowman, in order to get an extra health state and let the killer proudly clean his weapon.