Buff Survivor BP gains if face camped/tunneled

I put this into its own thread as it I feel it deserves its own discussion. Most discussions seem to focus on penalizing the killer's BP. I am arguing this is not the best approach due to:

(A) Tunneling is a legitimate tactic that puts much more pressure on the survivors (Please note that I almost never tunnel but also recognize choosing not to costs me games I could have won)

(B) Survivor toxicity and BM'ing isn't going anywhere. While I dislike facecamping intensely I dislike BM'ing even more. If survivor toxicity were reduced, I suspect most of the killer complaints would disappear but, with the current stressful nature of playing killer, removing a tool to remove a toxic survivor from the game to try to salvage some fun would not be good for player retention.

Does being tunneled and/or facecamped suck? Yes, it sucks horribly. Part of the sting from it comes from queuing up, waiting however long, being unable to get out of the killer's grasp and being taken out of the game. When this happens, I suggest a greatly increased gain in Boldness points (perhaps 5K or so) and, if your survivor dies in the first five minutes, no depipping

Realistically, grades are only for bp rewards now and only have a very loose correlation to player skill. This would affect very little and if a Survivor is matched with a killer that can take them out in less than 5 minutes that's the matching system's fault: not the players. They should have never been put in that situation to begin with.

Survivors already have tools to deal with tunneling and camping in the form of perks or just gen rushing. While I intensely dislike facecamping and I don't tunnel, I also don't feel that given the current state of the game that these can be removed without also dealing with gen speeds and toxic survivors. As such, I suggest buffing Survivor BP gain and removing Survivor depipping in these instances to take some of the sting out of it.

Comments

  • I say the same thing all the time. People want punitive measures for killers because this behavior annoys them. They want to see their tormentors punished. This obviously fixes nothing. I advocate for a stacking bp bonus when the killer is in whatever radius of the hook. It doesn't fix the problem but it does take some of the sting out of it.

    "Tunneling" is much more difficult to quantify. I'm not sure it needs any similar solution.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I say spam the survivor with “Distraction” score events. Perhaps you’d get one per X seconds of being hooked while the killer is in kindred range as well as whenever a teammate completes any objective(generators, totems, chests, gate switches)

    That would be nice.

  • It's odd to me that camping and tunneling are agreed to be legitimate, strategic etc but when you mention this to the killer after a match, like "thanks for tunneling" they almost never say that (it's strategic). They say I wasn't tunneling, or i didnt realize, or i had to, etc. Why so defensive if it's legitimate?

    Another thing I hear is i can play the game the way I want. Yep you're right just like hackers can too apparently. lol Im thinking about making a list of killers that do this (tunnel, camp) but do it all/most of the game and give them praise, put them in lights. Shouldnt be a big deal if it's legitimate. Title it the best campers & tunneling killers in dbd! I play killer btw and try my best not to do this legitimate stuff unless survivors are tbagging or something.

  • Some are a bit shy.

    And also some survs get unhooked, do a gen, heal, run around, then the killer gets them again and they also complayin about tunneling...