Should exit gate regression be a thing?

I dont understand the point of the collapse if survivors can just leave the gate at 99 and only open it when everyone is leaving. It feels like a massive oversight from the devs. It doesnt even have to be insane like 2% every second. It only takes 20 seconds to open it so after 25 seconds of being idle survivors would only need to take 10 seconds to open the gate.

Comments

  • Hypothetically it might work better if, instead of taking 20 seconds to open but it can be built up over time, it took something like 10 seconds to open but it always reset to 0 if you stopped. That would eliminate the silly 99% thing but still be reasonably doable by survivors who the killer isn’t chasing. (You’d also have to presumably reduce Remember Me’s duration in half as well. No Way Out and Bloodwarden could stay as is though.)

    On a related note, don’t forget as a killer you can open gates yourself. When I see a 99% gate nearby and I’m not in a chase I’ll open it. It starts the timer the survivors were trying to delay, gives me 500 bloodpoints and the survivors get none, and since the gate was one touch away it doesn’t significantly increase anybody’s chances of escaping out it if it’s open versus being 99% assuming I’m not actively chasing a person already.

  • Yes. Each light should be a regression save point. If left alone, it will regress to the last light achieved

  • If it didn't fully regress, it wouldn't be a bad idea

  • I don't think full regression is a good idea, but I think having it regress back to needing to take a full second or so would be a reasonable change.

    Though, at the same time, I don't really think the exit gates being 99'd is the biggest problem right now.

  • @nikodemo said:

    Yes. Each light should be a regression save point. If left alone, it will regress to the last light achieved

    That sounds kinda good.

  • Not fully, but tapping the exit gate to leave is annoying. Should regress down to 90% or something.

  • @jesterkind said:

    I don't think full regression is a good idea, but I think having it regress back to needing to take a full second or so would be a reasonable change.

    Though, at the same time, I don't really think the exit gates being 99'd is the biggest problem right now.

    I 100% agree there are more pressing matters when it comes to killer frustration but the devs are always measured when making killers stronger so who knows when they will decide to act.