How far does being Petty Go?


image.png

This guy had the basement challenge which (I HAD NO IDEA UNTIL END GAME CHAT WHEN HE ADMITTED HE WAS DOING THE TOME CHALLENGE) was to bring us all to the basement and have us die.

But I said no and kept escaping him and running as far away from the basement as I could.

He got so mad and decided to lock me in a corner until I disconnected, I planned to wait him out, see if he'd DC first but I had other things to do that were far more important. I'm posting it here because I'm not sure where to report someone like this because the in-game reporting system does nothing.

I can agree survivors can be pretty rude and unpleasant from times, it's also real frustrating sometimes when you're even doing a challenge that can't get finished because someone decided to screw you over.

But as far as the game goes I wouldn't hold them hostage in a corner because I couldn't complete challenge. In my mind I would, but I wouldn't go as far as to actually do it.

Comments

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    It's so funny to see people bend over backwards to defend this killer. But not at all surprising.

    I avoid the basement like the plague. That's just a rule of mine. But ESPECIALLY against a trap based killer. Whether or not you need to complete a challenge is none of my concern. Sorry, looks like you'll have to try again in another game. If you want to keep trying to bring me into the basement even though you clearly cannot, feel free because I'll be getting more boldness and survival points as well as XP for surviving in the match longer.

    I don't think anyone is actually defending the Killer's bannable actions, but this is a heavily Killer-sided forum (at least some of the loudest and most persistent voices are Killer mains) so you're getting a lot of (misguided?) empathy. It's easier for them to put themselves in the Killer's shoes trying to do this challenge and having a Survivor that is just not being cooperative.

    That being said, OP had no idea that it was a rift challenge - but even if they did, they had no obligation to be cooperative. Anymore than a Killer who sees a survivor doing an adept challenge has an obligation to let them escape. Anymore than a Killer seeing a Survivor trying to get the items from the event has a obligation to M1.

    Don't get me wrong. I'm all for normalizing kindness and "manners" when playing DBD. But the sad truth is: no one is entitled to it on either side.

  • Pettiness is completely irrelevant when the reaction to what might be percieved as such is to straight up break the rules. Reminds me of the person I saw defending themselves after hurling slurs around because they were "baited" into doing so... by someone tbagging them 🤣. Not saying taking the game hostage is as gross as that, but similar energy. If whoever pissed someone off didn't actually break any rules, and then they do break rules in response... they're objectively the "bad guy".

1 2 ›