Skins that should be in the base game should not be prime exclusives
The artist's rare skins were instead of being used in the shop was left out from us and is only gained through twitch prime. I'm not hating on Prime gaming but it shouldn't be removing skins that should already be there in the first place. If it was only the artist I wouldn't care but along as people don't talk about it... how many other future characters won't have rare skins, or will have their base cosmetics that were planned for the store be shifted to twitch benefits. It's limiting and makes outfits that were most likely going to be purchasable with shards and make it so you need to buy a subscription service that not everyone is interested in. It would be better if twitch had a new skin that she had, or better yet just give Rare outfits for free and have the rares still be in the store for purchase because BHVR says they HATE exclusives so much 🙄.
Comments
But like... why, though? Why should people be required to have an Amazon Prime subscription to get DBD content? There is no reason for such a connection to exist, and these outfits were very ostensibly pulled from the Artist's initial release, where there was a noted lack of the two Rare outfits that always come in a new character's store. And I'll bet dollars to donuts the one we'll be getting this month (tomorrow?) is the outfit that's missing from the Glacial Frost collection. It's just BHVR walling content that was originally slated for internal release behind an external service. I don't see what good that brings to DBD at all, and I say that as someone who already had Amazon Prime and is now getting a bunch of skins for free.
It's also creating permaretired content that won't ever be available in the future, and that's not really a great design philosophy, both in user satisfaction and potential sales. I'm still heartbroken I was taking a break from DBD when they dropped Meg's Boop the Snoot mask, and that was just a one-piece freebie recolor. If a player down the line sees the Artist's green outfits and goes "Wow, I need that", they're screwed. Doesn't matter if they would have been willing to throw money at DBD or even Amazon, for what good that's worth.
nothing is said about it being exclusive and if we learned anything from completing rifts. they will be shardable at some later date. I'm sure its just to promote the partnership. Like the previous poster said, they used the artists missing rare outfits and a blight outfit that was suppose to release during the winter event. If anything its just an option to get things earlier.