Solving Lament during Chain Hunt
Time and time again, I have seen Chain Hunt interrupt a survivor. They break free, try to solve the box, and then get interrupted again. This tells me that people don't understand how to solve the box when they're being attacked by chains.
Why it happens
It's very simple. When the chain attacks you, the 2nd one will begin spawning as you break free and then try to solve the box again. While additional chains will not spawn while you are solving the box, but will not magically cause any current chains to despawn. That chain interrupts you, another one is free to spawn, and you're trapped in a cycle.
Solution?
Dodge. Yes, really. Wait for a second, dodge a chain, and while the chain is reeling back/despawning, attempt to solve the box. During this brief window, you can solve the box free of any interruptions save for the Cenobite himself.
I know to some this may seem obvious, but if this helps even one person out there, then this post was worth it. Now, let's get back to petitioning for the Voice Lines to come back someday.
Comments
I think the chains should latch onto the box instead of the survivor and if the survivor is holding the box then when the chains hit them it should be functionally the same but the survivor should be focusing on freeing the box from the chains.
Then when the box is solved the chains take the box away with them instead of the box dissolving into the floor like it does now.
Yes.
Ssssshhhhhhh.....
As a Cenobite main I hate that you're giving away our secrets. However, maybe if people actually learn counterplay we won't get nerfed again. XD
thanks, i was confused why i kept on getting interrupted even after the nerf!
Naaah man, I'm not solving that thing until they give us back the best line in the whole game :(
It was literally in the patch notes as being "fixed." I had to say something before solving Lament made you immune to all chains. I'm sure you can understand.
I'm going to allow this. XD