Solo Comms and Balance
You can read my old posts, “sad state of survivor balance” and “why the game can’t be balanced” to get the bulk of it. My main suggestion was give solo survivors comms (NOT proximity, killer CANT hear it) that are equal to SWF in strength, so survivors can be nerfed appropriately.
But I’ve now thought of something in retrospect... a new scourge would be sewn across the land... the new, strongest and most OP killer in the game would arrive... the squeaker!
I did, and still do think it should be implemented though, 12 year old screams fill my heart with rainbows
Comments
I am on board with the idea of voice comms for the solo queues but with a stipulation in mind. Allow voice chat to be disabled. You and i both know that if voice comms are enabled the level of toxicity and cancer would be second to none. I can already see SWF groups bullying, bitching and harassing the solo queues over every little mistake. The solo queue should be able to completely opt out of voice comms and be able to use an in game text system if they so choose. Even then they should be able to disable both those features if they want to go for the full lack of communication experience.
@SadonicShadow
Sure, of course
Also to add if a solo queuer disabled the chat and text system there should be a little notification on the UI for all players telling them that they have all communication disabled so that the other players know that they cant communicate with them.
To be fair, voice chat in-game should be proximity and it should be audible by the Killer.
Otherwise the Survivors can all explore each quarter of the map and tell each other 'distract the Killer to the far corner while I cleanse this hex totem'.
Even without this, just pointing in a direction is enough to tell someone to do something.
I had a game vs a Nurse, a Meg and I were the only ones alive. I pointed her to hide behind the gate while I distracted the Nurse with the 'come here' gesture, while she opened the gate. I barely made it out alive.
You just need to be smart, all players need to learn to interpret what the one pointing is telling them.
Voice chat being cancerous is probably the sole reason why it and in-trial text chat aren't even in the game. We all know how bad the DBD community can get, man, we don't want to make it worse.
In my opinion, we're almost on par with the Steven Universe and Undertale fandoms. Those are some of the worst fandoms of all time.
We bully Killers in SWF squads and flame them whether they win or lose, we turn toxic when anybody mentions nerfing the Survivor crutch perks (DS, SC, etc), we demand balance in favour of one side because ######### the other side, and flame anybody who disagrees.
I highly doubt voice chat would be suitable in this game, with the community in this state.
If it is, then it should only be viable in the beginning-game campfire, and in-trial, a proximity. Probably half the Killer's Terror Radius, because the Killer should be allowed to hear voice chat, but there should also be an indication that the Killer's getting close so you should shut up before he finds you.
It's bad enough that SWF squads have external VC, we don't need map-wide VC in-game, and we don't need it to exclude the Killer from being able to hear or even speak.
It'd be hilarious to do an 'I'm gonna get youuuu' playing as a Killer, just to unnerve and terrify people. But then in comes the cancer when you get pallet looped.
Overall this idea is good but it needs to be sorted out. Voice chat alone is one of the hugest game-changers in Dead By Daylight.
@Judgement
Well, for the sake of balance, it’s LITERALLY impossible without this, and the whole point of it being map wide ect is to match SWF in strength, so both can be nerfed. No more killers bulling solo. No more SWF bullying killers. Also, it wasn’t NOT added due to toxicity, but immersion, which is completely out the window at this point anyway. Also, just ban anyone being completely obscene on the mic. And as mentioned earlier, add a mute, that tells the team if you muted them. This will mute annoying players, or give silence for immersed people, while telling the team “hey, this guy is on mute. No point talking to a wall” win win