Epic Games disappeared with my auric cells
After I downloaded the game from Epic Games, I decided to link my account. As soon as I logged in I realized that my Auric Cells weren't there, I thought "maybe just stay on the platform I bought".
Opening the game on Steam where I already had the Auric Cells I realized that it was also reset, that's when I got scared. The game disappeared with my Auric Cells on both platforms, as if I had never bought it.
I didn't think the game would get to that drastic bug point. I contacted support, hope they fix this.
Comments
What's the point of linking your account on another platform? But yeah they should fix that.
Yeet
It shouldn't remove them from Steam, only they won't transfer across to any platforms asides from the one you purchased them on (any earned in game, like the rift are universal).
Definitely a matter for support.
Not a bug - a behavior feature =)
I think of a future time when Steam will go down, as it sometimes does. And I also found it more fluid and less heavy than on Steam.
Regarding your Auric Cells not being transferred, that's normal, it's explained in our FAQ here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/kb/articles/305-f-a-q-cross-progression
If they actually disappeared from your Steam account, then you have to contact Support and wait for their reply, as you said you did.
And I got these Auric Cells (mostly) through the rift
I was already aware of not being transferable between platforms. But I don't think it's worth disappearing from the platform I already had. Maybe that didn't just happen to me.
They shouldn't disappear from your account, that's for sure.
Only Support can help you with this, though, so you have to wait for them.
When you're playing on an account you've linked - that's normal as Auric Cells do not carry over.
When you unlink your accounts again and go back to Steam, then you should see your progression as you left it.