Newest Chapters
I don't think chapters are enough to keep this games legs anymore at all. All these recent chapters are just forgotten so fast. No one is playing them. Descend Beyond? Probably the most successful out of the recent ones specifically for Blight. Glad people like him. Binding of Kin? Never heard of it. All-Kill? Absolutely failed hard. Resident Evil? Wait what? That was added? Does anyone remember that one? I'll have to search that one up. Hellraiser? Probably the 2nd best one in my opinion of the most recent but overall no one plays him. Hour of the Witch? Ummmm... Very boring. And the birdy one. I think this is the best one but I don't see the Artist much now. I just don't think it's gonna be played much at all for anyone after a week or 2.
Comments
Now I know you didn't just say that Blight was easily forgotten when he's one of the best killers we've had recently, that Trickster doesn't have a lot of people who love his design and lore, and Resident Evil didn't bring the highest concurrent playerbase on Steam in DBD's history.
I just know you're not saying that.
I think he means that the content of the new chapters were terrible (except for blight)
And yet people still talk about them, both on the forums and Twitter, from my experience.
I can buy your complaints about A Binding of Kin, Hellraiser, and even All-Kill, but Nemesis is extremely popular and I see him all the time, not to mention the massive hype around Resident Evil joining the game, Hour of the Witch introduced a new mechanic and the first survivor meta perk in five years, Hellraiser also introduced a new mechanic and two extremely good perks, All-Kill also introduced two very good perks along with a survivor and killer that do have a large fanbase despite the love-hate relationship, and Portrait of a Murder has been one of the best all-around chapters in a while - a strong, viable killer, good perks on both sides, a new realm, and a very stable release.
Claiming the last year of chapters have no impact and nobody cares about them is very disingenuous.
Large maps aren't a problem, or at least they haven't been in my games. The only time scourge hooks become a problem is when they all spawn near each other, they all spawn in the corners of the map, or it's a tight indoor map with very little choice on which hook you can reach (mainly Midwich and RCPD.) The risk factor seems lower than hex perks so far.
Pentimento and Grim Embrace aren't bad either. Pentimento needs a support perk to back it up, but it's nasty with Plaything.
Descend Beyond: Blight is one of the top Killers and Felix has a decently sized following.
A Binding of Kin: Sure, Twins may have been forgotten, but I still see Élodie all the time.
All-Kill: It may not be supported vocally here, but if it was really a failure, then why do I see Yun-Jin and Trickster so much (even before their archive)?
Resident Evil: Another of your frankly pathetic digs at the chapter that brought the largest amount of players in DBD's history just because it doesn't live up to your absurd expectations. Oh, and I, again, see Nemesis quite often, which I wouldn't expect from a supposed failure.
Hellraiser: The only real reason this one went so far south was the Boss Protocol partnership that even many of the developers themselves weren't aware of.
Hour of the Witch: I see Mikaela all the time and, as Laluzi said, it changed up the Survivor meta for the first time in literal years. Maybe not in a healthy way, but it still did the thing people have been harping on BHVR to do for years.
Portrait of a Murder: We'll see how this one is in a few months time, but right now I'm seeing a lot of positivity around the Artist.