An idea to BUFF Hex: Pentimento

This will be short. But what I think is:

you should be able to destroy boons then rekindle them to hexes. this will punish survivors for booning. And, this rekindled totem can not be blessed, further punishing boons

Comments

  • @ShadowNurseZFX said:

    This will be short. But what I think is:

    you should be able to destroy boons then rekindle them to hexes. this will punish survivors for booning. And, this rekindled totem can not be blessed, further punishing boons

    Why would you punish survivors for doing there second objective.( sarcasm applied)

  • That would mean there is counter to boons and that is not allowed.

  • @Dino7281 said:

    That would mean there is counter to boons and that is not allowed.

    @Gamedozer7 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/298201/an-idea-to-buff-hex-pentimento

    Why would you punish survivors for doing there second objective.( sarcasm applied)

    Safe to assume sarcasm right?

  • I'm not sure whether I like being able to bring a perk that hardcore shuts down survivors quite like that. I'm sure there are other examples of that general concept, but this feels far more extreme.

    I do think that rekindled hexes shouldn't be viable for blessing, that part seems fair. As for rekindling blessed totems... I don't know that it makes much thematic or balancing sense, to be honest.

  • @jesterkind said:

    I'm not sure whether I like being able to bring a perk that hardcore shuts down survivors quite like that. I'm sure there are other examples of that general concept, but this feels far more extreme.

    I do think that rekindled hexes shouldn't be viable for blessing, that part seems fair. As for rekindling blessed totems... I don't know that it makes much thematic or balancing sense, to be honest.

    Rekindled totems can't be booned

    They can be blessed which takes 28 seconds but the totem then dissapears. The same as it would with the 14 second cleanse time

    To the op thrill counters boons already. Boons on a whole are fine. It's just CoH that's overtuned

  • @Sonzaishinai said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2677254#Comment_2677254

    Rekindled totems can't be booned

    They can be blessed which takes 28 seconds but the totem then dissapears. The same as it would with the 14 second cleanse time

    To the op thrill counters boons already. Boons on a whole are fine. It's just CoH that's overtuned

    Oh! Well, that's definitely good.

    I do feel like a lot of people are assuming that a "counter" must immediately put a hard stop to something, rather than just provide a tool against it, lol.

  • @Sonzaishinai said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2677254#Comment_2677254

    Rekindled totems can't be booned

    They can be blessed which takes 28 seconds but the totem then dissapears. The same as it would with the 14 second cleanse time

    To the op thrill counters boons already. Boons on a whole are fine. It's just CoH that's overtuned

    thrill doesnt show that anymore my guy.

  • @jesterkind said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2677258#Comment_2677258

    Oh! Well, that's definitely good.

    I do feel like a lot of people are assuming that a "counter" must immediately put a hard stop to something, rather than just provide a tool against it, lol.

    Sure you can have a soft counter but that doesn't stop it just makes it less effective. Now a killer should have a hard counter to anything the survivors do because its 4v1 so anything the killer does needs to be about 4x as effective then 1 survivor otherwise its a lost time for the killer.

  • Thrill still doubles the time it takes to boon.

    People wrote it off cause of it lost the notification without even trying it but it really slows boon heavy players down.

    I rarely have big trouble with boons when i run it

  • @Sonzaishinai said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2677264#Comment_2677264

    Thrill still doubles the time it takes to boon.

    People wrote it off cause of it lost the notification without even trying it but it really slows boon heavy players down.

    I rarely have big trouble with boons when i run it

    how does it counter boons? can you explain

  • Normally it takes 14 seconds to bless a dull totem. And 28 seconds to bless a hex.

    Thrill's 50% slowdown doubles those times. That's 28 seconds to bless a dull and a whopping 56 seconds to bless a hex.

    All lf this uninterruped. Chase them off or interupt them any other way (for example doctor shock) and they have to start over.

    They will have to cleanse hexes. If they spend close to a minute blessing a hex then you had so much slowdown your perks gave you vallue enough. And any hex they cleanse is a totem they can't boon anymore

    Now this ofcourse isn't a hard counter and it is somewhat luck dependand but it hampers them enough to be worth it imo

  • @Sonzaishinai said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2677321#Comment_2677321

    Normally it takes 14 seconds to bless a dull totem. And 28 seconds to bless a hex.

    Thrill's 50% slowdown doubles those times. That's 28 seconds to bless a dull and a whopping 56 seconds to bless a hex.

    All lf this uninterruped. Chase them off or interupt them any other way (for example doctor shock) and they have to start over.

    They will have to cleanse hexes. If they spend close to a minute blessing a hex then you had so much slowdown your perks gave you vallue enough. And any hex they cleanse is a totem they can't boon anymore

    Now this ofcourse isn't a hard counter and it is somewhat luck dependand but it hampers them enough to be worth it imo

    i am 100% using this perk

  • @jesterkind said:

    I'm not sure whether I like being able to bring a perk that hardcore shuts down survivors quite like that. I'm sure there are other examples of that general concept, but this feels far more extreme.

    I do think that rekindled hexes shouldn't be viable for blessing, that part seems fair. As for rekindling blessed totems... I don't know that it makes much thematic or balancing sense, to be honest.

    It would just switch.

    Right now that perk is not viable, because of boons.

  • @Dino7281 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2677254#Comment_2677254

    It would just switch.

    Right now that perk is not viable, because of boons.

    Not quite true- it is viable, just in niche builds and with a bit of luck.

    I feel as though at least some people think the perk is genuinely, literally useless, so they're looking to buff it massively, when it's actually quite strong when it gets to work- and you can get it to work with a little dedication. It'll need either QoL, or just to have blessing be less attractive over cleansing through some basekit mechanics changes.

  • @jesterkind said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2677392#Comment_2677392

    Not quite true- it is viable, just in niche builds and with a bit of luck.

    I feel as though at least some people think the perk is genuinely, literally useless, so they're looking to buff it massively, when it's actually quite strong when it gets to work- and you can get it to work with a little dedication. It'll need either QoL, or just to have blessing be less attractive over cleansing through some basekit mechanics changes.

    It can be decent with Plaything etc., but it is literally useless against boons.