Best build to counter Twins?

I was thinking this would be a decent start..

Decisive Strike

Dead Hard

Boon: Exponential

Borrowed Time

Does anyone know any perks that are particularly effective against the Twins? People like to joke that there are 2 Twins mains but I've been seeing them fairly regularly recently.

(Also, only semi related I have had one successful pick up with Exponential on Midwich. It was on the top floor and the killer ran to the other gate to stop the other survivor from opening it, that survivor gave me enough time to pick myself up and open the gate. Another time a guy picked himself up but was immediately downed again. So two pick ups in 100+ games)

Comments

  • Exponential is enough to make them useless. Put on COH to for stopping snowball

  • Healing and anti-slug perks destroy them, as well as medkits.

    CoH, Exponential, WGLF, Unbreakable and the plethory of other ones.

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    I was thinking this would be a decent start..

    Decisive Strike

    Dead Hard

    Boon: Exponential

    Borrowed Time

    Does anyone know any perks that are particularly effective against the Twins? People like to joke that there are 2 Twins mains but I've been seeing them fairly regularly recently.

    (Also, only semi related I have had one successful pick up with Exponential on Midwich. It was on the top floor and the killer ran to the other gate to stop the other survivor from opening it, that survivor gave me enough time to pick myself up and open the gate. Another time a guy picked himself up but was immediately downed again. So two pick ups in 100+ games. OP perk tho.)

    Any good twins player will play around DS and and Borrowed Time.

    DH completely negates Victor downs (due to validation, it's almost a guaranteed kick, too, which it probably shouldn't be).

    Head On could help a lot, since Victor can't get you out of lockers, but will trap you in them.

    Lucky Break will disable Victor's Tracking Ability, and Urban Evasion can help you counter Victor's passive surveillance of the area.

    No Mither/Unbreakable/Exponential/Soul Guard* will help a lot against Twins players who think slugging's the right way to play Twins. (They've been misinformed.)


    *Ruin's almost a given at high MMR, or so I've heard.

    It's nice to hear Twins are getting some more playtime. I hope they're not playing in cheap, unfun ways.

  • Power struggle

    Tenacity

    Flip flop

    Either unbreakable or windows of opportunity

    Profit

    with unbreakable it takes 12 seconds to have power struggle ready and without it takes 16, however the twins has at least a minimum of 8 seconds of cooldown, meaning if you go down in the right spots and areas its a free getaway

  • Just bring Boon: Exponential and you'll be fine

  • no mither, tenacity, Soul guard

    No blood pools, 25% moan volume, quck crawling and Endurance make victor useless completely.

    You can also use dead hard because hit validation makes him stunned so it's free victor kills

  • Why the heck would you need to counter twins? There's been a lot of forum chatter about them. Maybe it piqued someone's interest?


    Anyways, the BEST way to counter them is to run in two man teams. One squishes Victor after pounce then picks up his friend with WGLF.

  • It depends if the team is coordinated or not.

    In general, wglf, unbreakable, coh, dh, are all good. Exponential would be good, but coh is already good enough.

    In short, anything anti-slug and healing.

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    I was thinking this would be a decent start..

    Decisive Strike

    Dead Hard

    Boon: Exponential

    Borrowed Time

    Does anyone know any perks that are particularly effective against the Twins? People like to joke that there are 2 Twins mains but I've been seeing them fairly regularly recently.

    (Also, only semi related I have had one successful pick up with Exponential on Midwich. It was on the top floor and the killer ran to the other gate to stop the other survivor from opening it, that survivor gave me enough time to pick myself up and open the gate. Another time a guy picked himself up but was immediately downed again. So two pick ups in 100+ games. OP perk tho.)

    You have played 100 plus games since exponential came out? Hope you don't mind I will point this out to my wife next time she complains about my 2-3 games a day ๐Ÿ˜‚

  • The best counter to The Twins is the DBD Devs

  • @Sandt21 said:

    The best counter to The Twins is the DBD Devs

    ouch. that's too true.

  • CoH, WGLF. Good luck.

  • The best perks gainst twins is: power struggle, flip flop, unbreakable, tenacity. Unbreakable+soul guard if she refuse to pick you up.

  • Your plan is to find a good anti Twins build, and 87 games later you finally face them? ๐Ÿ˜€

  • I use For the People (Zarina Perk) and its a nightmare for the twins.

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    I was thinking this would be a decent start..

    Decisive Strike

    Dead Hard

    Boon: Exponential

    Borrowed Time

    Does anyone know any perks that are particularly effective against the Twins? People like to joke that there are 2 Twins mains but I've been seeing them fairly regularly recently.

    (Also, only semi related I have had one successful pick up with Exponential on Midwich. It was on the top floor and the killer ran to the other gate to stop the other survivor from opening it, that survivor gave me enough time to pick myself up and open the gate. Another time a guy picked himself up but was immediately downed again. So two pick ups in 100+ games. OP perk tho.)

    Just loading in and playing normally is the best counter, eventually the twins player will realize the devs made them feel horrible for getting an 8 second stun any time they play successfully and will lose hope, then the win is easy

  • @chargernick85 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/298006/best-build-to-counter-twins

    You have played 100 plus games since exponential came out? Hope you don't mind I will point this out to my wife next time she complains about my 2-3 games a day ๐Ÿ˜‚

    Yeah I had the flu this week with nothing to do lol