I got a perk from the shrine of secrets. I'd like your feedback to know if I wasted my shards or not

I bought Aftercare from the shrine of secrets. post your thoughts about the perk below, and also please post about other good perks and perks that aren't so useful

Comments

  • I’ve never spent shards on the shrine, I’d rather save them for new killers.

  • Bad perk, don’t use

  • Never used it but feels like its basically a less good version of Bond.

    BTW this is a really good website which ranks the perks for their utility (also ranks perks based on their fit for each Killer)

    This page shows you what the best Survivor perks are in the game Dead By Daylight. The data is community based and open for voting.

    You can consult that next time you are about to make a purchase on the shrine.

    Aftercare is B tier, according to this. So not great, but not the worst.

  • There are too many perks to discuss which are good or bad in one forum comment. But if you're looking for a better information perk, run Spine Chill, Empathy, Bond, or Kindred instead. Spine Chill is best.

  • Never buy anything from the Shrine unless it's behind a paywall. Save up Shards to buy a whole character

  • Aftercare isn’t terrible but I think there are other info perks that are better.

  • Aftercare can be a good perk

    But you could have bought Jeff with 9k shards and get all his 3 perks

    Yeah, buying perks from he Shrine technically saves you 3k shards, but meh, 3k shards for a character is not a lot (2k per teachable perk + 3k for the character)

  • Aftercare? Love it. Has been especially amazing in games where there was just me and one other survivor still alive, one gen left, and thanks to Aftercare we could both made it out (e.g. you see which gate the other survivor is opening and when he's done so you don't run to the wrong one, and the other survivor sees from where you're coming and can run towards you and take a hit for you).

  • @Tr1nity said:

    Bad perk, don’t use

    Tr1nity, Why do you think it's a bad perk? What's bad about it? (e.g you never unhook people)

  • @dugman said:

    I’ve never spent shards on the shrine, I’d rather save them for new killers.

    Agreed, that's why I was on the fence for a little bit, but I'm back up to 3000 shards.

  • @rha said:

    Aftercare? Love it. Has been especially amazing in games where there was just me and one other survivor still alive, one gen left, and thanks to Aftercare we could both made it out (e.g. you see which gate the other survivor is opening and when he's done so you don't run to the wrong one, and the other survivor sees from where you're coming and can run towards you and take a hit for you).

    Thank you so much! That is a very helpful hint

  • @Lycidas said:

    Aftercare can be a good perk

    But you could have bought Jeff with 9k shards and get all his 3 perks

    Yeah, buying perks from he Shrine technically saves you 3k shards, but meh, 3k shards for a character is not a lot (2k per teachable perk + 3k for the character)

    True. I wish I had thought of that.

  • @AstroLive8333 said:

    I bought Aftercare from the shrine of secrets. post your thoughts about the perk below, and also please post about other good perks and perks that aren't so useful

    I watch shrine watch by hybridpanda for the shrine.

  • @AstroLive8333 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2673093#Comment_2673093

    Tr1nity, Why do you think it's a bad perk? What's bad about it? (e.g you never unhook people)

    Well of everything that could be run (bond for example) aftercare just is t that great.

  • Best information perks out there are free like Kindred or Bond.

  • @AstroLive8333 said:

    I bought Aftercare from the shrine of secrets. post your thoughts about the perk below, and also please post about other good perks and perks that aren't so useful

    Great for solo's. Outside of kindred (which is only available on hook) no perks I can think of allows you AND your team to see each other. Bond is only you seeing your team, empathy is only you seeing injured survivors, Spine chill is not relevant to any of these perks it's killer related. Your whole solo lobby seeing each other is more valuable (IMO) than a perk that allows you to only see them.

  • @chargernick85 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/297786/i-got-a-perk-from-the-shrine-of-secrets-id-like-your-feedback-to-know-if-i-wasted-my-shards-or-not

    Great for solo's. Outside of kindred (which is only available on hook) no perks I can think of allows you AND your team to see each other. Bond is only you seeing your team, empathy is only you seeing injured survivors, Spine chill is not relevant to any of these perks it's killer related. Your whole solo lobby seeing each other is more valuable (IMO) than a perk that allows you to only see them.

    Blood Pact, but no one runs that either. The two problems with Aftercare are how much it takes to build up, and how easily it is all lost.

  • Meh I'd rather run kindred over aftercare if were only talking solo Q.

  • @GoshJosh said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2673244#Comment_2673244

    Blood Pact, but no one runs that either. The two problems with Aftercare is how much it takes to build up, and how easily it is all lost.

    Perhaps. Unhooking is pretty easy activation, but healing can be tricky with so many ways to heal yourself fast these days.

  • @chargernick85 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2673254#Comment_2673254

    Perhaps. Unhooking is pretty easy activation, but healing can be tricky with so many ways to heal yourself fast these days.

    If they would just remove the part where you lose the progress made when hooked, it would be an infinitely better perk, and strong contender with the other information perks.

  • Aftercare is a pretty cool perk, and can outclass most other info perks once it builds to it's full potential. The problem is you probably won't stay there for long, since it resets when you get hooked.

    There are certainly worse perks you could've bought, don't worry.

  • @GoshJosh said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2673265#Comment_2673265

    If they would just remove the part where you lose the progress made when hooked, it would be an infinitely better perk, and strong contender with the other information perks.

    Agreed. I hope they do that. Great buff idea.