Artist Synergy I'm not seeing discussed

I just discovered last night that the synergy between Hex:Plaything and Hex:Pentimento is immense. I'm freakin constantly encouraging the survivors to break totems, then I rekindle them for Pentimento stacks. I ran it about 3-4 times last night and 3 of those matches were 4k. The totem side objective becomes seemingly endless for these survivors if you can juggle it well ๐Ÿ˜ˆ๐Ÿ˜ˆ

-edit: I forgot to mention that I intend to test this synergy on Pinhead. I can imagine that this feeling of endless side objectives will be devastating as Pinhead since the chain hunt will always be counting down or interrupting the cleanse process.

Comments

  • It's a good way to get Pentimento value. If you run just one hex they could just boon it and you would get no value of of the perk.

    I've been running it too.

  • @SeannyD115 said:

    It's a good way to get Pentimento value. If you run just one hex they could just boon it and you would get no value of of the perk.

    I've been running it too.

    Right. That's the one main issue I've seen with this build (and specifically Pentimento) but I've been seeing how much it helps to specifically target and apply pressure on the survivor that is running boons so that the survivors who DON'T have boons are available to break the totems for me

  • try thrill/devour/third seal to be extra cruel.

  • The thing about Petimento is you actually have to down the survivor first then hook them AND THEN wait for them to cleanse a totem.

    That could potentially means 3 gen pops on your first chase. It's just really down to hoping your first chase ends in 20 seconds. I guess you could mitigate the gen rush with corrupt intervention but still the synergy is really strong against S tier killers though.

  • @Blue_Archer33 said:

    I just discovered last night that the synergy between Hex:Plaything and Hex:Pentimento is immense. I'm freakin constantly encouraging the survivors to break totems, then I rekindle them for Pentimento stacks. I ran it about 3-4 times last night and 3 of those matches were 4k. The totem side objective becomes seemingly endless for these survivors if you can juggle it well ๐Ÿ˜ˆ๐Ÿ˜ˆ

    -edit: I forgot to mention that I intend to test this synergy on Pinhead. I can imagine that this feeling of endless side objectives will be devastating as Pinhead since the chain hunt will always be counting down or interrupting the cleanse process.

    It works until they figure out what's going on, and just boon the Plaything totems.

  • I wish thrill of the hunt would work with it, but it's bugged atm.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2672700#Comment_2672700

    Yes and no. It still works out. Spend a lot of time booning active totems then.

    Also the play to go to is only keep one token active and leave the rest broken(you can keep the healing speed/etc) Once they boon your pentimento totem. You rekindle a other one. Usually multiple totems will be broken before they notice your pentimento.

    Or they leave plaything up. Which is a win too.

    Yeah I was running Plaything+Retribution+Penti for a good while. It works well against people who don't know what to do. Against premades, Plaything doesn't do much (it's basically hard countered by voicecoms) and if they want to get rid of it, they just call in someone to boon it.

    I find it to be a huge investment for somewhat minimal gains - Ruin, PR and Pop are much more effective for the cost of 1 perk slot.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2672700#Comment_2672700

    Yes and no. It still works out. Spend a lot of time booning active totems then.

    Also the play to go to is only keep one token active and leave the rest broken(you can keep the healing speed/etc) Once they boon your pentimento totem. You rekindle a other one. Usually multiple totems will be broken before they notice your pentimento.

    Or they leave plaything up. Which is a win too.

    My thoughts exactly. I'm leaving either one or two totems up (preferably two to slow down heals) and saving the others for backup replacements.

  • Another fun Artist synergy is taking Iron Maiden - jump into a locker to insta-repel my birds, will you? :)

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2672747#Comment_2672747

    It's hard to really gauge which is better. I think plaything + pentimento is very comparable and maybe a bit safer.

    I've personally gone away from slow down builds depending on the killer myself anyways.

    I did for a while, with the exception of Surge on M1 killers, plus Plaything+Retribution being one of my favorite combinations of perks currently. Penti fits nicely into this - but I'm also in love with Pain Resonance. I tend towards being info+stealth+aggression heavy, so perks that allow me to gain regression while doing my usual thing are very much my speed.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2674301#Comment_2674301

    Depends on killer. I just use bbq, nurses, whispers, infectious

    Interesting. That's...impressively basic.

    Which killers would you use that on, typically?

  • Seen it and already played it on the ptb, its alright, and even better now that the perk is buffed to actually be good

  • @Bardon said:

    Another fun Artist synergy is taking Iron Maiden - jump into a locker to insta-repel my birds, will you? :)

    Same for hopping in a locker to dodge Doctor's Static Blast. Works so well ๐Ÿ˜ˆ

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2672846#Comment_2672846

    I did for a while, with the exception of Surge on M1 killers, plus Plaything+Retribution being one of my favorite combinations of perks currently. Penti fits nicely into this - but I'm also in love with Pain Resonance. I tend towards being info+stealth+aggression heavy, so perks that allow me to gain regression while doing my usual thing are very much my speed.

    I also absolutely love Pain Resonance. Do me a favor and try out: Pain Resonance + Dead Man's Switch + Surveillance