Comments

  • I'll take a very slightly compromised vibe if the alternative is not being able to see anything going on.

    Old Coldwind and old Gideon's were awful for this, now you can actually see on those maps.

  • @jesterkind said:

    I'll take a very slightly compromised vibe if the alternative is not being able to see anything going on.

    Old Coldwind and old Gideon's were awful for this, now you can actually see on those maps.

    The design team should have the ability to make a map in the dark where you can still see well enough to play.

  • @Fantasy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2671369#Comment_2671369

    The design team should have the ability to make a map in the dark where you can still see well enough to play.

    I like new maps, prefer them over some lam new perks just no one ever uses, but I hate them been so bloody light.

  • @Fantasy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2671369#Comment_2671369

    The design team should have the ability to make a map in the dark where you can still see well enough to play.

    I'll grant you that- Haddonfield, its flaws aside, is actually a decent example of a map that's set at night without being a nightmare to try and see anything on.

    In all seriousness, the lighter maps don't kill the aesthetic of the game. Horror movies happen in bright environments all the time, it's fine that they're branching out into more than gloomy, dreary atmospheres.

  • @jesterkind said:

    I'll take a very slightly compromised vibe if the alternative is not being able to see anything going on.

    Old Coldwind and old Gideon's were awful for this, now you can actually see on those maps.

    These daytime maps should be adjusted to be darker and the base gamma/brightness of the game should be adjusted upward.

  • @Fantasy said:

    Michael Myers standing out in the middle of a desert stalking people? Not very spooky. You're killing the vibe with these map updates, bring back dark coldwind farm. Might as well rename the game at this rate.

    I think DBD's in a weird place right now, since it really feels like they're still deciding whether this is a horror D&D game (in the sense of shared storytelling) or a horror E-sport.

  • @jesterkind said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2671372#Comment_2671372

    I'll grant you that- Haddonfield, its flaws aside, is actually a decent example of a map that's set at night without being a nightmare to try and see anything on.

    In all seriousness, the lighter maps don't kill the aesthetic of the game. Horror movies happen in bright environments all the time, it's fine that they're branching out into more than gloomy, dreary atmospheres.

    honestly, it is a creepy map.

    just.. maybe not for Myers.

  • They just need to make the maps look darker for survivors than it does for killers, as they are not the hunters in this scenario and they are the ones supposed to be scared.

  • I dont have a problem with that, its good to have some variety on the maps so whe dont turn in to owls by pure spoopy black places.

    As a practical example if there ever was a predator killer i would love to se it on a jungle area, not necesarily dark, that would make for an interesting concept,

    On the other hand a xenomorph killer would be absolutly fantastic with a dark spoopy space ship.

    But again, i tink having variety its great

  • I would have liked it with more of an eclipse feel to it.

    But yes, more dark and foggy maps please.