Totems should be able

Comments

  • And so the cycle begins anew, with nobody learning anything.

    Alternately, "how many times do we have to teach you this lesson, old man"

  • Hmm, what an odd day to make this request. /s

  • “Just do bones!”

    -I can’t! Sadge

  • @jesterkind said:

    And so the cycle begins anew, with nobody learning anything.

    Alternately, "how many times do we have to teach you this lesson, old man"

    Maybe you should learn?

    Nah, just kidding,

    I have changed my mind on this for different reason than you are trying to sell tho... your whole safe haven is BS imo

  • @Dino7281 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2668332#Comment_2668332

    Maybe you should learn?

    Nah, just kidding,

    I have changed my mind on this for different reason than you are trying to sell tho... your whole safe haven is BS imo

    The fact that you think my argument boils down to "safe haven" means I've failed to communicate it, so maybe this is partially on me.

  • @jesterkind said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2668394#Comment_2668394

    The fact that you think my argument boils down to "safe haven" means I've failed to communicate it, so maybe this is partially on me.

    Maybe you have changed your arguments since we had that conversation. Hard to tell, maybe I didn't understand, that's possible too.

    My reason why it is bad idea is quite simple:

    It would be fine for CoH, but it would destroy any other boon perk. So it's better to just nerf directly CoH, a lot.

  • @Dino7281 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2668403#Comment_2668403

    Maybe you have changed your arguments since we had that conversation. Hard to tell, maybe I didn't understand, that's possible too.

    My reason why it is bad idea is quite simple:

    It would be fine for CoH, but it would destroy any other boon perk. So it's better to just nerf directly CoH, a lot.

    That's part of the reason, yeah. The other reason is that boon totems are designed to be a back-and-forth where the killer can invest a small amount of time to snuff it out to force the survivors to not be on generators rekindling it.

    Making them one-use negates that point, it makes them a minor resource that doesn't fundamentally impact the match that much, as opposed to continual slowdown in exchange for survivors keeping their buffs lit.

    The "safe haven" part is just the reason survivors would want to go relight it, not the core reason in and of itself.

    Also, since I've found people assume otherwise if I don't say it: That doesn't mean boon totems are currently balanced or that serious work doesn't need to be done. They need a lot of work, it just needs to not be killers breaking totems on snuffing.

  • @jesterkind said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2668417#Comment_2668417

    That's part of the reason, yeah. The other reason is that boon totems are designed to be a back-and-forth where the killer can invest a small amount of time to snuff it out to force the survivors to not be on generators rekindling it.

    Making them one-use negates that point, it makes them a minor resource that doesn't fundamentally impact the match that much, as opposed to continual slowdown in exchange for survivors keeping their buffs lit.

    The "safe haven" part is just the reason survivors would want to go relight it, not the core reason in and of itself.

    Also, since I've found people assume otherwise if I don't say it: That doesn't mean boon totems are currently balanced or that serious work doesn't need to be done. They need a lot of work, it just needs to not be killers breaking totems on snuffing.

    Hey, fair enough.

    Yay, it may be for the first time we agree on something.

    No, we agreed with that Deathslinger too.

  • @Dino7281 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2668432#Comment_2668432

    Hey, fair enough.

    Yay, it may be for the first time we agree on something.

    No, we agreed with that Deathslinger too.

    Progress can be made! A forum first, I'm sure.

  • @jesterkind said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2668417#Comment_2668417

    That's part of the reason, yeah. The other reason is that boon totems are designed to be a back-and-forth where the killer can invest a small amount of time to snuff it out to force the survivors to not be on generators rekindling it.

    Making them one-use negates that point, it makes them a minor resource that doesn't fundamentally impact the match that much, as opposed to continual slowdown in exchange for survivors keeping their buffs lit.

    The "safe haven" part is just the reason survivors would want to go relight it, not the core reason in and of itself.

    Also, since I've found people assume otherwise if I don't say it: That doesn't mean boon totems are currently balanced or that serious work doesn't need to be done. They need a lot of work, it just needs to not be killers breaking totems on snuffing.

    To force one survivor to not be on a gen. One. The time investment compared to the reward is absolutely nothing and as long as boons are a pile of infinite medkits it will never even out.

  • @Iliketoplaykiller said:

    “Just do bones!”

    -I can’t! Sadge

    Now killers do bones for surv too not gonna complain right?

  • @jesterkind said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2668417#Comment_2668417

    That's part of the reason, yeah. The other reason is that boon totems are designed to be a back-and-forth where the killer can invest a small amount of time to snuff it out to force the survivors to not be on generators rekindling it.

    Making them one-use negates that point, it makes them a minor resource that doesn't fundamentally impact the match that much, as opposed to continual slowdown in exchange for survivors keeping their buffs lit.

    The "safe haven" part is just the reason survivors would want to go relight it, not the core reason in and of itself.

    Also, since I've found people assume otherwise if I don't say it: That doesn't mean boon totems are currently balanced or that serious work doesn't need to be done. They need a lot of work, it just needs to not be killers breaking totems on snuffing.

    Okay once ur boon is erased you see a random totem aura.

  • @YOURFRIEND said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2668432#Comment_2668432

    To force one survivor to not be on a gen. One. The time investment compared to the reward is absolutely nothing and as long as boons are a pile of infinite medkits it will never even out.

    Mhm, one survivor. Who is not on a gen, meaning you can go pressure the ones who ARE on a gen, safe in the knowledge that one guy is doing something else. Now, as I said above, the current incarnation doesn't really work out like that due to awkward totem spawns, but that's the idea.

    Also, you seem to be confused- boons aren't a pile of infinite medkits! I'm sure the point of your confusion here is that you're forgetting that a boon perk is a pile of infinite medkits, boons themselves offer no such benefit. Circle of Healing's balance is a separate discussion.

    @UnknownKiller said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2668432#Comment_2668432

    Okay once ur boon is erased you see a random totem aura.

    I'm sorry, I don't quite see what you're saying here, could you elaborate?

  • @jesterkind said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2668695#Comment_2668695

    Mhm, one survivor. Who is not on a gen, meaning you can go pressure the ones who ARE on a gen, safe in the knowledge that one guy is doing something else. Now, as I said above, the current incarnation doesn't really work out like that due to awkward totem spawns, but that's the idea.

    Also, you seem to be confused- boons aren't a pile of infinite medkits! I'm sure the point of your confusion here is that you're forgetting that a boon perk is a pile of infinite medkits, boons themselves offer no such benefit. Circle of Healing's balance is a separate discussion.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2668749#Comment_2668749

    I'm sorry, I don't quite see what you're saying here, could you elaborate?

    When killer erase your boon you get a random totem aura so u can relight another but the totems get destroyed.

  • @UnknownKiller said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2668760#Comment_2668760

    When killer erase your boon you get a random totem aura so u can relight another but the totems get destroyed.

    I'm not sure how that relates to anything I said in my post? It clearly doesn't prevent the slowdown from being incredibly minor, and it still results in boons being really fleeting in their impact.