MMR has made me hate 2/3rds of the maps on this game when I play killer.
Title pretty much says it all. As a killer, anytime I spawn into The Game, Haddonfield, Cowshed, Ormond, Springwood -- I know I've lost the game. And then other maps like Crotus Penn, Mother's Dwelling, Coldwind, Backwater, I have to wait and see how hard I've been screwed with RNG. If DbD is a competitive game and MMR is here to stay then there needs to be a serious overhaul to the maps. Generator spread, pallet spawns, tile strength and totem placement all need significant changes.
Comments
Even if it's not competitive, it's not like the situation improves any.
They've been like that all along. Really unfair tiles chained together, with survivors not even having to use the pallets to waste loads of time, so that those loops can be used for the whole game. Killers were not taken into mind when making these maps.
Haddonfield, CowHell and Ormond have indeed been Survivor sided since their release.
But The Game and Springwood? Those two I don't think so, to be completely honest.
I think these new Crotus maps have got to be the worst. Old Crotus was honestly more tolerable (and prettier) for killer to deal with. I’ve seen rng on Chapel to where shack vaults literally straight into a long wall vault which then can be chained into main building vaults.. 🤮
If I remember correctly, Springwood was far more survivor side before it was reworked. The Game, though, used to favor killers more. Now it favors survivors.
Its time to finally remove map rng and make the all preset. That's the only way they can actually be balanced. It would also stop having ridiculous tiles being chained together.
Depends on when you are.
The OG Springwood (back when there was just 1 of it) is my second-favorite map of all times and I never found it unfair for killers.
Some of the pre-rework Springwood maps were not that bad either.
Now...the addition of Breakable Walls and more Pallets really made balance worse.
But then again, we all have our favorite maps, so this is really subjective.
I hate to say it, but this is honestly how I feel. On all my killers, I am completely out of Azarov Keys and MacMillan Bones, yet I have a stockpile of every other offering.
Those two also, for sure. Old The Game being called killer sided was always a joke to me. It's the same map we have now, just darker and with less god pallets.
Well...to each their own, I guess.
Depending on your playstyle, some maps will be easier or harder for you.
I hated most of maps way before MMR but I agree, with MMR the badham is super ass
I despise Disturbed Ward, Father Campbell's Chapel, and Grim Pantry the most out of all of the bad maps in this game. All of the high MMR survivors know how to loop the main building well, and it's easily accessible from anywhere on the map. It's so boring when they immediately hightail it to the main building as soon as they get hit. Give me Badham and Ormond over those ones any day. I know Ormond has the main building problem too, but it's not as strong as the others and I get caught on random ass ######### less often compared to Pantry or Crotus