If you're going to tunnel, at least do with good taste

If you are going to tunnel as the Cannibal, Wraith, Spirit or any of those tunnel-able killers, at least make the tunneling worth while for both players.

Do some chase, watch them vault windows, etc. Play with your food so that the other person at least feels like they've done something the entire game. Don't just go straight for the kill as soon as they get unhooked.

I swear, boring people in real life even play games boringly.

Comments

  • Nah, survivors have shown me pretty often that they don't care about my fun. And I've been told repeatedly by this community personally that they would prefer to face killers trying their hardest than farmers because farming is boring. So that means everyone but me gets less than 10k points forever.

  • @Feyd said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2665074#Comment_2665074

    This kind of response means you waive all right to complain when you come into contact with a skilled, SWF bully squad that spends the whole game stunning and blinding you. They aren't responsible for your fun.

    Or... you could perhaps realize that this is a game and everyone is responsible for everyone's fun. Don't be a jerk. That goes for killers and survivors alike.

    Everybody should play how they want.

    I dont blame players for game mechanics. The only thing I complain about is toxicity in end game chat. You should not be harassed because you tunneled someone. Same things for survivors you should not be harassed in end game chat because you genrush.

    Behaviour thinks its ok to camp or tunnel so dont complain about it. Its their rules not ours.

  • Hire a babysitter and play on KWF games.

  • @nicnc82 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2664427#Comment_2664427

    And this is also why I'm glad the devs said in their q&a they are working on ways to punish camping (not parroting hooks) and tunneling. And changing moris again because they don't like how unfair and toxic killers have been playing with this.

    Wait they did?! When?! How the hell did I miss this?!

  • @Anara said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2668424#Comment_2668424

    Everybody should play how they want.

    I dont blame players for game mechanics. The only thing I complain about is toxicity in end game chat. You should not be harassed because you tunneled someone. Same things for survivors you should not be harassed in end game chat because you genrush.

    Behaviour thinks its ok to camp or tunnel so dont complain about it. Its their rules not ours.

    Given they're attempting to change it, I guess it really isn't okay then, is it?

    Toxic behaviors are what lead to toxic chat post game. If you fix the cause and make it feel like the game felt fair, you'll find better responses. Until then, expect to be virtually spit on in the past game chat for your toxic behavior.

  • I get why killers tunnel. It's strategy. Eliminate one as quickly as possible. But it's not cool. Just like t-bagging is not cool. But if you are going to tunnel, because it is after all, strategy, then I believe you should wait till the survivor has had a chance to at least play the game. Give them a chance. Because otherwise you are being a dick. And that, to me, is being toxic. And while were on it, if you are going to t-bag, please do it to respectively say "thank you" or to maybe troll twitch streamers I don't know. (That is a joke.)

  • @FeelsBadMan said:

    Same boring as going against 4 stacks of SWF all day who bodyblock hooks and take hits for eachother so the killer doesn't get a single hook.

    I always get killed asap after being unhooked. But I use BT for my team mates since the camp is a way of life now.

  • @Feyd said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2668717#Comment_2668717

    Given they're attempting to change it, I guess it really isn't okay then, is it?

    Toxic behaviors are what lead to toxic chat post game. If you fix the cause and make it feel like the game felt fair, you'll find better responses. Until then, expect to be virtually spit on in the past game chat for your toxic behavior.

    You are basically saying they are right to harass people in end game chat ?

    I dont think I want to continue this conversation.

    Have a nice day.

  • @Anara said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2669247#Comment_2669247

    You are basically saying they are right to harass people in end game chat ?

    I dont think I want to continue this conversation.

    Have a nice day.

    No. But you should expect it. Just like you should expect to be mugged if you flash a wad of cash in a dark alley. Just because people do bad things, doesn't justify taking actions to prevent them.

    But actually, in this case, when you're a jerk, you should expect people to be one back to you.

  • I think the bizarre thing is that "kill one person first" is somehow "being a jerk". FFS, it sometimes happens entirely coincidentally. Or probably more often than not.

    It's ######### backwards to expect the person who can't immediately see at a glance who's on what hookstates to memorise them for the explicit purpose of making it easy and fun for the other side.

    Like, not only are you demanding that the opposition in this little competitive game of ours give up the most obvious strategic advantage they could get, it's also entirely their responsibility to memorise all the information needed to do this explicitly so that they don't? At that point you're basically saying that the killer's role is not to play the game and have fun, it's to do things properly.

1 2 ›