noed for the speed> noed for 1 hit

Comments

  • I once went up vs a speed limiter bubba with noed, it was terrifying

  • He only went for chainsaw hits

  • @TeabaggingGhostface said:

    He only went for chainsaw hits

    maybe because all the totems were cleansed.

  • No, he was pretty fast moving when that last gen popped

  • @TeabaggingGhostface said:

    I once went up vs a speed limiter bubba with noed, it was terrifying

    legend

  • I honestly would love NOED to be changed from an instadown perk, to a mainly movement speed perk. I do think the instadowns are required for NOED, but I'd say that for every 2 hooks you'd recieve 1 token of double damage instead(not exposed status, just literal double damage, being capable of eating through endurance since it's 2 hits).

    So effectively, you wouldnt lose a double damage stack if survivors are already injured since you only need to deal 1 damage to down them. Then you could boost the speed up to about 7%(note, the percentage isnt additive, 7% on a 115% killer isnt 122%, it's 123.05% Just like the 4% isnt 119%, but 119.6%).

    Ofcourse, this would mean that it no longer needs to be a hex totem. Since it's not a Hag perk, the hexiness of the perk isnt necessarily required for the design.

  • @Predated said:

    I honestly would love NOED to be changed from an instadown perk, to a mainly movement speed perk. I do think the instadowns are required for NOED, but I'd say that for every 2 hooks you'd recieve 1 token of double damage instead(not exposed status, just literal double damage, being capable of eating through endurance since it's 2 hits).

    So effectively, you wouldnt lose a double damage stack if survivors are already injured since you only need to deal 1 damage to down them. Then you could boost the speed up to about 7%(note, the percentage isnt additive, 7% on a 115% killer isnt 122%, it's 123.05% Just like the 4% isnt 119%, but 119.6%).

    Ofcourse, this would mean that it no longer needs to be a hex totem. Since it's not a Hag perk, the hexiness of the perk isnt necessarily required for the design.

    i wouldnt mind something like that the only actual problem i kind of see with noed in its current state is the speed boost because at the end of the day if the killer sucks so much that they NEED noed to get a down you can loop them just fine doesnt matter if they have a 1 hit or not

  • @Predated said:

    I honestly would love NOED to be changed from an instadown perk, to a mainly movement speed perk. I do think the instadowns are required for NOED, but I'd say that for every 2 hooks you'd recieve 1 token of double damage instead(not exposed status, just literal double damage, being capable of eating through endurance since it's 2 hits).

    So effectively, you wouldnt lose a double damage stack if survivors are already injured since you only need to deal 1 damage to down them. Then you could boost the speed up to about 7%(note, the percentage isnt additive, 7% on a 115% killer isnt 122%, it's 123.05% Just like the 4% isnt 119%, but 119.6%).

    Ofcourse, this would mean that it no longer needs to be a hex totem. Since it's not a Hag perk, the hexiness of the perk isnt necessarily required for the design.

    Dude, you're just creating a new perk and deleting NOED.

    I like the idea of the new perk, but am fine with NOED. It's not that great a perk, but it gives survivors a reason to leave.

  • @BubbaDredge said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2665204#Comment_2665204

    Dude, you're just creating a new perk and deleting NOED.

    I like the idea of the new perk, but am fine with NOED. It's not that great a perk, but it gives survivors a reason to leave.

    That is what a rework does, it changes the mechanics while staying true to the original intent. NOED is a way of guaranteeing a kill, effectively making a 4 man escape impossible. There are no perks that make a 4k impossible, and the only mechanic that could reduce the chance of a 4k is bypassed by slugging 1 survivor in a 2v1 scenario, meaning there isnt even a sliver of RNG on there unless the killer allows it. Where NOED is at worst a guaranteed kill without survivors being able to do much about it, and at best RNG where survivors had enough pressure to either do all totems or the totem spawning very far away from where the killer downed the survivor(assuming it didnt spawn on the hardest to find totem).

    NOED is problematic the way it is now, reworking it into something that is less problematic but would still be a reason for survivors to leave the match(especially since it would bypass BT and cannot be removed) is healthier for the game. NOED used to be a balanced perk in an older meta, but that meta has changed, and NOED no longer complies to that meta. It's not the only perk that has outdated mechanics, but it is one of the few that does need changing, especially since it's not a teachable.

  • Noed for speed: Most cleansed. I am too old.

  • @Shaped said:

    Noed for speed: Most cleansed. I am too old.

    oh no, we're old now? 😭