Dead Hard promotes looping

Dead Hard is the only exhaustion perk that actually encourages looping.

Sprint Burst, Lithe, Smash Hit, Balanced Landing and Overcome all basically just promote gaining distance holding W. They’re either for playing in unsafe positions or leaving loops.

Head On basically just promotes coordinating meme plays with SWFs.

Dead Hard is the only exhaustion that promotes traditional vault and pallet play at loops before and after the perk is used.

Without Dead Hard, I fear the hold W meta would be the only strategy for good Survivors because the other exhaustion perks encourage it.

Comments

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2663484#Comment_2663484

    Where did I ever say I haven't seen it used for distance?

    Please point me to where I said those exact words.

    Edit: I see you also needed further proof, because you guys have nothing else.

    You keep arguing that we should bait it out. If you truly had your head around the whole "dead hard for distance" situation, you would know that it isn't possible.

    Here is a quick video, can you explain to me how the Doctor could have "baited" out the DH from the Claud?

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgU9poxAogY

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2663490#Comment_2663490

    Oh honey, I asked for where I said the exact words you just said I said.

    I don't like people putting words in my mouth.

    Bro you spent 2 pages arguing it could be baited then when I point out your wrong you wanna move on to a new topic

    I can't with you

  • @GrayEyes said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2663497#Comment_2663497

    Bro you spent 2 pages arguing it could be baited then when I point out your wrong you wanna move on to a new topic

    I can't with you

    Yeah you can't with me because you are insisting I said that DH cannot be used for distance.

    I simply asked "Where did I say that?"

    I never said it can't, I simply said in it's current form it is balanced when you consider the fact that it CAN be baited out, not every section inside a map consists of tiles. There are actually sections where other exhaustion perks would be more optiomal. Thus making DH not a viable perk in those situations which (again) are common in every match.

    But, I don't wanna keep you. Where did I say I haven't seen it used for distance? Where?

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2663499#Comment_2663499

    Yeah you can't with me because you are insisting I said that DH cannot be used for distance.

    I simply asked "Where did I say that?"

    I never said it can't, I simply said in it's current form it is balanced when you consider the fact that it CAN be baited out, not every section inside a map consists of tiles. There are actually sections where other exhaustion perks would be more optiomal. Thus making DH not a viable perk in those situations which (again) are common in every match.

    But, I don't wanna keep you. Where did I say I haven't seen it used for distance? Where?

    But it can't be baited out we just established that together

    Do you just not read the words you type and just hit send I'm genuinely curious?

  • @JPA said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2663487#Comment_2663487

    You keep arguing that we should bait it out. If you truly had your head around the whole "dead hard for distance" situation, you would know that it isn't possible.

    Here is a quick video, can you explain to me how the Doctor could have "baited" out the DH from the Claud?

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgU9poxAogY

    Yeah, and if I was that doctor at 0:5 seconds I would have not A) swung my weapon B) already made my way to the other side of the pallet.

  • @GrayEyes said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2663504#Comment_2663504

    But it can't be baited out we just established that together

    Do you just not read the words you type and just hit send I'm genuinely curious?

    Where did I say that DH can't be used for distance?

    I wanna know the answer to the first question to asked me. Unless you can't find it, and you can just tell me you didn't.

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2663510#Comment_2663510

    Where did I say that DH can't be used for distance?

    I wanna know the answer to the first question to asked me.

    I wanna know how you bait something you can't baited when you answer that I'll answer you friend :)

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2663498#Comment_2663498

    Yeah, and if I was that doctor at 0:5 seconds I would have not A) swung my weapon B) already made my way to the other side of the pallet.

    That's not the question I asked. I didn't ask what you would do this in this situation, I asked how could the Doctor have baited out the Dead Hard in this scenario.

    Hint: the answer is, he couldn't.

  • @GrayEyes said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2663515#Comment_2663515

    I wanna know how you bait something you can't baited when you answer that I'll answer you friend :)

    You don't have an answer because it doesn't exist. Got it.

  • @JPA said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2663514#Comment_2663514

    That's not the question I asked. I didn't ask what you would do this in this situation, I asked how could the Doctor have baited out the Dead Hard in this scenario.

    Hint: the answer is, he couldn't.

    and I just gave you the answer to how he could. He used his M1 weapon instead of simply waiting until the Claudette dashed.

    He is also a doctor, additionally he could also use his Shock Therapy to prevent her from further vaulting, if he had waited.

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2663516#Comment_2663516

    You don't have an answer because it doesn't exist. Got it.

    And neither do you

    Also got it

    What a lovely conversation we've had

    You really seem like a truly intelligent human being

    Some might even compare you to Einstein or Elon musk

  • Lol I can't wait for dead hard to get nerfed and then of the good survivors actually start playing sweaty and using sprint burst, overcome, and lithe.

    Next post "exhaustion perks need to be deleted"

    If a survivor sees you coming even from a short distance, you'll have to hold w roughly 30 secs to even maybe get a hit or just be met at a pallet. No more catching survivors in dead zones, it just would be worse for killers than dead hard but sure im all up for an experiment.

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2663517#Comment_2663517

    and I just gave you the answer to how he could. He used his M1 weapon instead of simply waiting until the Claudette dashed.

    No you didn't say that. You just said you would go around the other side of the pallet. Now you are saying he should have waited? Which one is it?

    You literally can't remember what you said one post ago, this is quite remarkable.

    @GrayEyes i'm gonna leave this one for you mate cause I don't think this guy can handle 2 at once

  • @GrayEyes said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2663518#Comment_2663518

    And neither do you

    Also got it

    What a lovely conversation we've had

    You really seem like a truly intelligent human being

    Some might even compare you to Einstein or Elon musk

    I am intelligent, but I wouldn't dare call myself Einstein.

    I do have integrity, which these forums seem to lack.

  • @JPA said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2663520#Comment_2663520

    No you didn't say that. You just said you would go around the other side of the pallet. Now you are saying he should have waited? Which one is it?

    You literally can't remember what you said one post ago, this is quite remarkable.

    @GrayEyes i'm gonna leave this one for you mate cause I don't think this guy can handle 2 at once

    Waited - then gone around the pallet.

    Do you know what the meaning of baiting out is? It doesn't mean "swinging" it means making THEM think you are going to swing. That can be done by waiting and getting close enough or faking your M2. Geez

    Can't handle 2 at once? Please. You don't intimidate me.

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2663522#Comment_2663522

    I am intelligent, but I wouldn't dare call myself Einstein.

    I do have integrity, which these forums seem to lack.

    If Einstein was about he'd be very anti Dead Hard

  • @JPA said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2663531#Comment_2663531

    If Einstein was about he'd be very anti Dead Hard

    Nah, he would have figured out how to overcome it instead of constantly complain about it. 😉

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2663536#Comment_2663536

    Nah, he would have figured out how to overcome it instead of constantly complain about it. 😉

    don't be silly Einstein wouldn't even play DBD what a silly comparison to make

  • @GrayEyes said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2663461#Comment_2663461

    Defs not I've played 3k hours and have seen dead hard used for distance countless times no way has this man never once encountered it in 6k hours

    I figured it out, I realized he never once said how many hours he has on killer, just that he is 6k on DBD. The guy is probably a 5500+ survivor main, that would explain why he is so stubborn and very obviously biased. Yeah you're wasting your time talking to this guy, people like him can never be reasoned with, God could literally come out of heaven in front of him and he would still deny he exists, he is that type of person.

  • @HollowsGrief said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2663471#Comment_2663471

    I figured it out, I realized he never once said how many hours he has on killer, just that he is 6k on DBD. The guy is probably a 5500+ survivor main, that would explain why he is so stubborn and very obviously biased. Yeah you're wasting your time talking to this guy, people like him can never be reasoned with, God could literally come out of heaven in front of him and he would still deny he exists, he is that type of person.

    Yep, probably plays a few killer games a week for a challenge, but not enough to get the MMR up...

  • @JPA said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2663541#Comment_2663541

    Yep, probably plays a few killer games a week for a challenge, but not enough to get the MMR up...

    Pretty much. He might not of but I appreciated your attempts to help educate those who don't know why it's a problem. I'm sure some day something will be done about it, in the mean time best of luck to you and remember, just bait out the DH when they use it for distance KEKW.

  • @HollowsGrief said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2663471#Comment_2663471

    I figured it out, I realized he never once said how many hours he has on killer, just that he is 6k on DBD. The guy is probably a 5500+ survivor main, that would explain why he is so stubborn and very obviously biased. Yeah you're wasting your time talking to this guy, people like him can never be reasoned with, God could literally come out of heaven in front of him and he would still deny he exists, he is that type of person.

    Can we just stop with these ridiculous posts? It is very childish. Just because he has different opinions doesn’t mean he mains survivor or is some troll. I have similar opinions as him and I play both sides equally.

  • @HollowsGrief said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2663544#Comment_2663544

    Pretty much. He might not of but I appreciated your attempts to help educate those who don't know why it's a problem. I'm sure some day something will be done about it, in the mean time best of luck to you and remember, just bait out the DH when they use it for distance KEKW.

    Well thanks, I appreciate your appreciation, but honestly wasn't sure if I was getting trolled or not a few pages in. After the guy posted his steam profile, I had some new found respect and was trying to send that video with good intentions, but even that went off the rails after two replies!

    Yep, remember the golden rules, apply pressure and just bait out the DH.

    Thanks for kind words :)

  • @IronKnight55 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2663541#Comment_2663541

    Can we just stop with these ridiculous posts? It is very childish. Just because he has different opinions doesn’t mean he mains survivor or is some troll. I have similar opinions as him and I play both sides equally.

    But do you also think something that can't be baited can be baited tho?

    I can understand thinking it's fair and balanced I can understand and respect that viewpoint

    But I would never say it can be baited that's just.... questionable to say the least

  • @IronKnight55 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2663541#Comment_2663541

    Can we just stop with these ridiculous posts? It is very childish. Just because he has different opinions doesn’t mean he mains survivor or is some troll. I have similar opinions as him and I play both sides equally.

    No one has a problem with different opinions bro. But in a debate you actually have to justify and back up your opinions as well. You can't just say "Dead Hard is fine lol" and expect to not get laughed at by the people who are posting multiple paragraphs of arguments, not to mention video evidence.

    Anyways Im literally going to bed now can't keep this up

  • Turn. Off. End. Game. Chat. box.

  • @JPA said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2663551#Comment_2663551

    No one has a problem with different opinions bro. But in a debate you actually have to justify and back up your opinions as well. You can't just say "Dead Hard is fine lol" and expect to not get laughed at by the people who are posting multiple paragraphs of arguments, not to mention video evidence.

    Anyways Im literally going to bed now can't keep this up

    Debates are fine, but a lot of nasty/rude posts have been made, and that’s the problem here.

  • @KerJuice said:

    Turn. Off. End. Game. Chat. box.

    I haven't any idea how that's supposed to affect DH.

  • @IronKnight55 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2663568#Comment_2663568

    You’re seriously going to talk about how we conducted ourselves after you just made this post (and a few other ones)? 😬

    What was wrong with his post? Did you not like being called stubborn? Well you did just post the same "I think dead hard is fine" even after being proven wrong over 3 pages worth of posts (you even agreed to one point saying the bug should be fixed, and then went back to your original argument, word for word). How is that not stubborn?

  • @KerJuice said:

    Turn. Off. End. Game. Chat. box.

    It won’t. But it will lessen the amount of rant/gatekeeping threads on here every time someone gets criticized in end game chat.

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2663571#Comment_2663571

    Calling someone a "kid" and a "bafoon" when they have not resorted to name calling YOU doesn't really make you look mature.

    I would hate to think you are of age, making these comments you have been. Keep on trying though.

    @IronKnight55 Don't give these people any more of your energy. They do not deserve it.

    what energy do you mean, I'd be interested to know which energy and what medium of transmission you'd use to get it through the computer and over the internet

  • I don't take anyone seriously that tries to decide whether or not someone gets to have an opinion based on the number of hours they have in the game. You are not automatically correct cause you have 2K more hours than someone, and this trend needs to die. It replaced the "I'm a rank 1 Killers...." and "What rank are you?" trend that was plaguing these forms a year ago.

  • @Labrac said:

    If anything Dead Hard is unhealthy on teaching looping to survivors. I used to run Dead Hard when I had like 300 hours in the game and I thought I was good at looping. When I finally took it off was when I started improving.

    You don't need to learn things like chaining tiles or lunging distances when you have a button that teleports you to the nearest pallet or window. Also things like learning how to dodge hatchets and Blight rushes. It's incredibly funny when those "loopers" start camping pallets after they spend their Dab Harder.

    This is me I probably have 200 hrs survivor and I almost always run DH but when I play a survivor that don't have it I find myself been I could of made it with DH. I do like running without it though I actually feel vulnerable in chase and feel like I need to be better or I'm going to go down fast.

  • Dead Hard kind of promotes looping, but it's not that good at promoting it. It promotes being greedy, and is an unhealthy Perk for the game

  • @JPA said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2663569#Comment_2663569

    What was wrong with his post? Did you not like being called stubborn? Well you did just post the same "I think dead hard is fine" even after being proven wrong over 3 pages worth of posts (you even agreed to one point saying the bug should be fixed, and then went back to your original argument, word for word). How is that not stubborn?

    1. I wasn't proved wrong.
    2. I agreed that the hit bug is annoying, but I don't think DH should be nerfed heavily because of it. It's not a huge problem in my opinion.
    3. I don't care at all to be called stubborn (I am). That's not why I made that post.
  • kinda true but the problem is people tend must of the time to abused the extra distance just for PRE-DROP pallets/ Vault windows(making bad loopers last more longer and good loopers last even more)aka press "E" to erase mistake at high MMR🤷‍♀️ ...making chases last more longer that they should be ..as as killer you feel that you got outplayed by Dead Hard rather than the survivor skill.

    my suggestion is simple, after using dead hard it counts like being shock by the doctor:

    -You cant interact with pallets(yeah also vaults) and windows for 2.5 or 3 seconds.

    dead hard was intended to be a perk for dodge right? 🤔

  • And it promotes killers not chasing

1 2 3 ›