D/C Penalty Cool Down Question

I'm a little confused as I've heard different things about the cool down period for disconnection penalties. I've heard that if you don't play for awhile, the penalty will go down, but I've also heard you have to play for awhile without disconnecting for the penalty to go down. Does anybody know the correct response?

Tagged: BHVR

Comments

  • We mostly have 2 types of disconnects that fall for DC penalties.

    * "ragequits" or any other reasons to exit the trial before it ends.

    * "Network issues" (use VPN)

    The more you disconnect from the game for any reason - penalty grows. It's hard to predict "network issues" so just not leaving your game can keep you safe most of the time.

    Penalty goes down when you don't DC for some time, online or offline. But if you have 24 hours of penalty - it doesn't go down during that 24 hours.

  • So if I just don't play for awhile I should be fine? I have a 72-hour penalty right now (network issues) and I'm hoping that taking a week off will let the penalty lower so that it doesn't get any higher the next time I have to d/c. However someone mentioned that playtime was a factor. So it shouldn't matter if I don't play the game so long without disconnecting online, as long as I don't play so long offline?

  • I found info that DC penalties stack up for every disconnect during the week.

    Also penalty level drops for playing without disconnecting but not for time spent. It's about number of trials played without DC.

    I personally never gone so far (72).

    I suspect that penalty can reset back to 5 min after next patch (still need confirmation).

  • @Pizzasauce said:

    I'm a little confused as I've heard different things about the cool down period for disconnection penalties. I've heard that if you don't play for awhile, the penalty will go down, but I've also heard you have to play for awhile without disconnecting for the penalty to go down. Does anybody know the correct response?

    both.

    it goes up for consecutive DCs. (or sometimes randomly)

    it goes down over time without DC'ing.

  • @RoaderFrost said:

    I found info that DC penalties stack up for every disconnect during the week.

    Also penalty level drops for playing without disconnecting but not for time spent. It's about number of trials played without DC.

    I personally never gone so far (72).

    I suspect that penalty can reset back to 5 min after next patch (still need confirmation).

    Well, #########.

  • Wait, now I'm confused again, because once again I'm getting two different answers.

    @Bennett_They1Them said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/296738/d-c-penalty-cool-down-question

    both.

    it goes up for consecutive DCs. (or sometimes randomly)

    it goes down over time without DC'ing.

    You say it's both.

    @RoaderFrost said:

    I found info that DC penalties stack up for every disconnect during the week.

    Also penalty level drops for playing without disconnecting but not for time spent. It's about number of trials played without DC.

    I personally never gone so far (72).

    I suspect that penalty can reset back to 5 min after next patch (still need confirmation).

    But you are saying it is for number of trials only if im understanding you correctly?

    Does anybody know for sure the right answer?

  • Let's get it summarised:

    Goes up - consecutive DCs during one week.

    Goes down - playing trials without DCs or waiting (penalty time + up to 7 days).

    Also possible reset during major patches (next chapter).

  • @RoaderFrost said:

    Let's get it summarised:

    Goes up - consecutive DCs during one week.

    Goes down - playing trials without DCs or waiting (penalty time + up to 7 days).

    Also possible reset during major patches (next chapter).

    Okay so I am good if I wait a week and then play again? I just dont want to try tonplay immediately after my penalty time is over and disconnect on that first match to find myself with an even heftier penalty.

  • @Pizzasauce said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2663782#Comment_2663782

    Okay so I am good if I wait a week and then play again? I just dont want to try tonplay immediately after my penalty time is over and disconnect on that first match to find myself with an even heftier penalty.

    Yes. And wait for next patch (chapter) to see if your penalty is still there after the update.

  • @RoaderFrost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2664023#Comment_2664023

    Yes. And wait for next patch (chapter) to see if your penalty is still there after the update.

    Do you know when that will be?

  • Guess November 30th but BHVR knowns better about their release dates.

  • @RoaderFrost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2664407#Comment_2664407

    Guess November 30th but BHVR knowns better about their release dates.

    Oh okay, I didn't know if anything had been mentioned that I missed or not.

  • The DC penalty decays over time - we do not announce how long this period of time is however, for obvious reasons.

  • @Mandy said:

    The DC penalty decays over time - we do not announce how long this period of time is however, for obvious reasons.

    Are you allowed to confirm whereas the penalty resets with the new patch or not?

  • A new patch doesn't reset the timer

  • @Mandy said:

    A new patch doesn't reset the timer

    Okay, thank you.

  • I'm sorry to keep bumping this but I want to make absolutely sure . I've played 40 matches so far today. Does the number of matches matter, or is it the number of days you get through that count?