The game feels sorry for me?

So recently when I played the game for a few hours as blight, I had 2 death squads(and YES, I know that I'm in high MMR because the survivors I get usually have between 1.5-8k hours, I always check, also they're very good at the game).

After playing 2 competitive games in public where gens fly in 4 minutes and everyone play safe and drop every pallet(as they see a blight that can do some techs), the game decided to feel sorry for me and gave me 3 matches in a row where I stomp survivors that aren't very good/average at the game, like old red ranks. as my MMR just went down drastically only because 2 death squads have beaten me.

So what's the point of MMR? If i'm good at the game I'll reach the ceiling of sweaty swfs to beat me easily just so later I can stomp average players as a reward for my bad and BORING games beforehand? It's either stomp or get stomped?

It's either no weak links groups who do gens fast and play safe or a team with 2 weak links or even 3, with 1 or 2 decent players.

What's going on?

Comments

  • This is what the game was like before MMR though. You either stomp a poorly co-ordinated Solo team, or get your ######### pushed in by a SWF.

    All MMR does is make it a bit more predictable.

  • Lack of MMR nuance? IIRC, MMR ranges up to 1900, and the starting point for a killer with 0 experience is 1200. So everything just keeps bouncing off the hardcap.

  • @RainehDaze said:

    Lack of MMR nuance? IIRC, MMR ranges up to 1900, and the starting point for a killer with 0 experience is 1200. So everything just keeps bouncing off the hardcap.

    There isn't a hardcap

    1900 is the softcap.

    You can have 5000 mmr and the game will attempt to search people around that. After a certain time it gives up and searches the soft cap of 1900 to avoid scenario's where a really high mmr never finds matches.

    In reality 1900 isn't even high mmr. You're the worst of the best when you reach that point

  • @JPA said:

    This is what the game was like before MMR though. You either stomp a poorly co-ordinated Solo team, or get your ######### pushed in by a SWF.

    All MMR does is make it a bit more predictable.

    So what's the point in having the system?

  • I suppose they want to try and keep the "competitive" players together, but it often doesn't work due to skill level not being normally distributed. Not to mention you can easily just throw a bunch of games every now and again to lower your MMR.

  • @Sonzaishinai said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2662389#Comment_2662389

    There isn't a hardcap

    1900 is the softcap.

    You can have 5000 mmr and the game will attempt to search people around that. After a certain time it gives up and searches the soft cap of 1900 to avoid scenario's where a really high mmr never finds matches.

    In reality 1900 isn't even high mmr. You're the worst of the best when you reach that point

    Ah, right, so the effect's similar but the reasoning is different. If people can't find a close game (probably happens a lot), it's defaulting to a soft cap that's almost comically low

  • @RainehDaze said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2662394#Comment_2662394

    Ah, right, so the effect's similar but the reasoning is different. If people can't find a close game (probably happens a lot), it's defaulting to a soft cap that's almost comically low

    Bassicly yeah.

    What probably happened is the first 2 death squad matches were people close to op's actual mmr and then the game didn't find any and defaulted to the 1900's

    That or the op is around the 1900 and the death squad defaulted to them. And they got unlucky for it happining twice in a row