Show us individual hooks stats.

I want to see how many hooks, not hook states or kills actual individual hooks.

This is the only stat I care about and is the only stat we should view as a balancing point.

Split the stats in Low, medium and high mmr. I want to see which killers are actually able to do multiple chases, downs and hooks at each skill level.

Comments

  • That information is about as useful as kill rates, to be fair. The killer doesn't always get to do as many individual hooks as they'd like, if survivors try to kobe and fail, or aren't saved in time to prevent second hook stage, or stubbornly suicide on hook...

    It obviously can't be used as a balancing point, but it also wouldn't hurt to know that alongside other important bits of information- a picture can't be formed without as much information as possible, after all.

  • @jesterkind said:

    That information is about as useful as kill rates, to be fair. The killer doesn't always get to do as many individual hooks as they'd like, if survivors try to kobe and fail, or aren't saved in time to prevent second hook stage, or stubbornly suicide on hook...

    It obviously can't be used as a balancing point, but it also wouldn't hurt to know that alongside other important bits of information- a picture can't be formed without as much information as possible, after all.

    Ah but your reasoning behind not using it as a balancing point is because of survivors do terrible plays or giving up, which while would affect the stats shouldn't even have to be a worry in the first place.

    Would be a better balance point than kills and a more fun one too. More hooks means more chases, downs, outplays etc. Which shows more skill within the trial itself.

    But I'd honestly love to know, like sure show stats like kills etc. With it but I seriously wanna know at which point do all the killers start getting less hooks even if they achieve the same kills if that makes sense

  • @EntitySpawn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2661256#Comment_2661256

    Ah but your reasoning behind not using it as a balancing point is because of survivors do terrible plays or giving up, which while would affect the stats shouldn't even have to be a worry in the first place.

    Would be a better balance point than kills and a more fun one too. More hooks means more chases, downs, outplays etc. Which shows more skill within the trial itself.

    But I'd honestly love to know, like sure show stats like kills etc. With it but I seriously wanna know at which point do all the killers start getting less hooks even if they achieve the same kills if that makes sense

    Eh, not really. Balancing around kills makes sense, that's the objective and the win condition. Still, being able to form a more precise view of exactly how trials go en masse would be very useful.

    There's just no special emphasis on individual hook actions. You'd need to know that alongside kill rates, average chase length, what perks and items and addons are being used, what map each game is played on, successful hits versus whiffs, power use versus M1 damage, and so on and so forth. Hooks aren't special, they're just one part of what goes into measuring how a trial went.

  • Imagine hoping for Bhvr to share stats.

  • @jesterkind said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2661260#Comment_2661260

    Eh, not really. Balancing around kills makes sense, that's the objective and the win condition. Still, being able to form a more precise view of exactly how trials go en masse would be very useful.

    There's just no special emphasis on individual hook actions. You'd need to know that alongside kill rates, average chase length, what perks and items and addons are being used, what map each game is played on, successful hits versus whiffs, power use versus M1 damage, and so on and so forth. Hooks aren't special, they're just one part of what goes into measuring how a trial went.

    Yeah but we always get kill stats, and if a killer gets 2.5+ they get nerfed in some way. It's why I said I'd like to see individual hooks as it shows more than just kills alone. Like I always say 2 kills can be 2-10hooks, that's a big difference.

    @Jago said:

    Imagine hoping for Bhvr to share stats.

    I mean they do just not useful or meaningful ones lol

  • @EntitySpawn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2661263#Comment_2661263

    Yeah but we always get kill stats, and if a killer gets 2.5+ they get nerfed in some way. It's why I said I'd like to see individual hooks as it shows more than just kills alone. Like I always say 2 kills can be 2-10hooks, that's a big difference.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2661264#Comment_2661264

    I mean they do just not useful or meaningful ones lol

    That's a stretch. BHVR very clearly don't just base their balancing decisions on kill rates, or Nurse would be buffed tremendously. At worst they look at how a killer performs in lower MMR brackets and nerfs them if they're a little too strong there, but those nerfs tend to be kind of minor, like Wraith's post-uncloak lunge or Pinhead's addons getting minor nerfs.

    If they based balancing on just kill rates, that would be wrong. If they based balancing on just kills and individual hooks, that would be wrong. No one stat is going to be that important, you need all of them.

    But yeah I'd like to see more, personally. It'd be interesting.

  • @EntitySpawn said:

    I want to see how many hooks, not hook states or kills actual individual hooks.

    This is the only stat I care about and is the only stat we should view as a balancing point.

    Split the stats in Low, medium and high mmr. I want to see which killers are actually able to do multiple chases, downs and hooks at each skill level.

    I think that's a great idea!

  • @jesterkind said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2661372#Comment_2661372

    That's a stretch. BHVR very clearly don't just base their balancing decisions on kill rates, or Nurse would be buffed tremendously. At worst they look at how a killer performs in lower MMR brackets and nerfs them if they're a little too strong there, but those nerfs tend to be kind of minor, like Wraith's post-uncloak lunge or Pinhead's addons getting minor nerfs.

    If they based balancing on just kill rates, that would be wrong. If they based balancing on just kills and individual hooks, that would be wrong. No one stat is going to be that important, you need all of them.

    But yeah I'd like to see more, personally. It'd be interesting.

    If you think all those nerfs was needed then we are on a completely different level of play. But balancing for the low point is a god awful idea, I see about 4/5 different killers if I'm lucky and they all run the same stuff. The others are too weak, like I get it newer players want fun but so does everyone else... it's not like those new players make dozens of mistakes or lack the knowledge of how to run all the tiles etc. In the first place, it's just annoying as both survivor and killer at the high mmr, its stale and not really fun. The only pinhead I see is iri fang, they're still lucky to get a kill. Now I will never see him if all his addons got nerfed

  • @EntitySpawn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2661380#Comment_2661380

    If you think all those nerfs was needed then we are on a completely different level of play. But balancing for the low point is a god awful idea, I see about 4/5 different killers if I'm lucky and they all run the same stuff. The others are too weak, like I get it newer players want fun but so does everyone else... it's not like those new players make dozens of mistakes or lack the knowledge of how to run all the tiles etc. In the first place, it's just annoying as both survivor and killer at the high mmr, its stale and not really fun. The only pinhead I see is iri fang, they're still lucky to get a kill. Now I will never see him if all his addons got nerfed

    I didn't say they were needed, I said they were minor, because they are. Wraith is basically fine, just slightly harder to play, and Pinhead's going to suffer for lack of the passive Chain Hunt addons but Iri Fang is still fine.

    That's off topic, though. The point is: Individual hook stats aren't really going to have the kind of importance and accuracy that you think they are, you have to have Everything Else as well to have any kind of idea what's going on in those matches.