You used X killer, so you should just lose?
Disappointingly enough, there's this common mentality for survivor players, and some killer players, that if you played one of the weaker killers, you have no right to complain when you lose. "It's your fault for choosing them. Pick a stronger killer next time." It's not hard to understand how that's a really bad mentality to have about the state of the game. Like, I'm not supposed to be able to win with the specific killers that I enjoy playing with? Is that what they're getting at?
I realize it's impossible for every killer to be A tier in a permanent sense, because when everyone's A tier then there's still some that are weaker than others and that starts the tier list all over again. But we should never be okay with the idea that certain killers "should" be weak. If a killer can't compete like others can and has fallen behind, we buff them to give them that chance to compete. Same thing for addons and perks that never see any play because you have to run better ones to have a chance.
And again, this is shifting the blame over to the killer player, which is a common occurrence. They win, "something they brought is OP". They lose, "baby killer". They use strong perks, "using crutch perks". They complain about game balance, "they just want easy 4k's". I know there's a lot of killers out there who have vastly less skill and game knowledge than they claim they do, but we can't just assume it's that every time. Many killers do lose even when they play well and make no mistakes, simply because of their choice of killer.
This is why you see no variety in the killers at high level, because if it's not them being tired of getting tbagged when they lose with low tier killers, it's the fact that those select few killers actually have power over the survivors in some situations. Blight has unmatched speed, Nurse ignores obstacles, Leatherface can guarantee a kill off 1 down, Pyramid Head can play around hook perks. So how are you gonna say that it's the killer player's own fault for choosing a less strong killer, when they could easily use one of the stronger ones? What lesson does that teach them? This is why killers quit.
Comments
Well, from Wraith and DS nerfs we could see, BHVR doesn't care about chance to win against good survivors. They just want to babysit noobs.
Let's be honest that "weak" killers can be said about every killer other than top 3 and you have to be really good with those. They could stay top 3 only because they are hard to master (Nurse, Spirit, Blight).
Because if you pick a strong killer, the same people would complain about, how easy it is to win with that killer and how unfair it is.
You can't make it righ for everyone. The post game chat has to just be deleted, so you can't even get curious o what survivors or killers have to say after the game.
Nah, I usually enjoy talking to other side.
But you just have to learn when to leave asap. If I saw 4x medkit and map offering, I am not gonna stay there...
I use to hear that often when I was new and I still had my messages open to anyone. Always something like I should've played a better killer. My favorite killer is Legion. Always has been. Legion isn't that good. They're power is helpful but not enough to make a huge difference. I like the added time it takes survivors to heal and all the rest but it feels severely underpowered. I do feel that killer players shouldn't be made to play a certain killer to be competitive but I also understand not all killers can be the best tier. A moderate buff would be nice.
I agree. End game chat should be removed. Maybe even making it to where if the survivors stay at the gates for a certain amount of time then the gates become blocked for a short duration for those particular survivors. The above would put an end to alot of rude behavior in this game. The object of the game for survivors is to escape with their lives, not sit at the gates rubbing their taints on the ground being obnoxious and rude.
Why do you care what enemy team says?
Play who you want, how you want and with perks you want.
Because what they say concerns me, because it's a widely held opinion, and these are the types of people the game's balanced around. The ones who don't think all killers should have a chance of winning.
I literally have not seen this argument and if I did I never noticed since it's not prominent enough. Where did you pull this argument from? End game chat? lol.
Mmr addresses this issue. If you can't win with Pig, lose until you get to an mmr where you can.
We’ll look at it this way. If I play a match as clown for example I’m going in knowing I’m playing a weak killer. Knowing dbd map rng/matchmaking honestly you should accept that you’re just going to lose some games. That’s just the way the game is
Ah yes, because that works so good, telling from the daily threads about toxicitiy. Ignoring a problem does not fix it. The devs have to do something about.
Why should I even waste my time in q if the game is just going to give the other team auto win?
And how do you want devs to fix toxicity? Chat filter part 2 ?
Don’t unless you enjoy playing said killer. I enjoy playing clown so I don’t mind losing a game due to bad luck/matchmaking
Myers is my favorite but its not fun going in getting 2 chases and 2 hooks multiple games in a row because the game decided that I lose if thats the case I might as well just dc and wait the 5 minutes is a loss anyway right why should I be force to play it?
So all you care about is winning? Then why play bottom tier?
Because I enjoy variety and there's 25 killers in the game why should I be forced to play 3 killers just to have a good game? Yes I care about winning im a competitive person its the reason I'm playing an online game as the single player if I'm just going to get auto loss games whats the point. I q up to have a good game not load in to a match and go oh great this match is going to suck and I'm going to lose as well as have a bad match.
So you’re a competitive person annoying that you have a good chance of losing while playing bottom tier?
I don't mind losing but I should always have a chance to win even if its small. I shouldn't get auto losses before I've even had a chance to move my character. It actually happens alot I got onto playing huntress because I like hitting the hatches its a skill thing between both players but get an indoor map as huntress and you might as well just call it a day. I play on controller btw.
Delete post game chat and make it impossible to t-bag at the exit gates and next to it. They can even block the exit, if they wait there too long. All possibilities.
Yes, on multiple occasions. I'm sure if more killers got baited into talking in post-game chat, they'd find more of the same.
It shouldn't be.
Maybe at least discussing it, and not in the way they've done before. "Tbags will be just as satisfying with these new animations."
Lol end game chat.
It’s like any game. If I play a bottom tier character and players using top tier of course it’s more likely I’ll lose.
Yes, but that's bad game balance, and DBD's standards are even lower than that. In DBD, you automatically lose for picking a certain killer sometimes. It's not even a higher chance of losing. It's a guaranteed loss because of low tier killer vs a SWF. In hindsight it's easy to critique someone's skills or decision-making in a match, but those don't even matter at top level where the standard for killer is 0 kills.
Bad balance is something essentially every asymmetrical game has had. It’s pretty much impossible to actually balance them.
In the case of dbd just buffing all the weak killers is a terrible idea since most of them have powers that are hard to balance in the first place (clown, Myers etc). Also of course playing a weak killer in high MMR is hard because that’s where good players using meta items/perks are
That's just the way the game is balanced. There's no way to make killers like Legion and Pig compete without either making them braindead oppressive (something stupid like Legion being able to down in two Frenzy hits) or making all tiles as safe as Hawkins pallets, but then with the latter killers like Blight and Spirit also become oppressive.
As a killer main I don't bother playing anything less than High B tier unless it's for dailies. Anything below that relies too much on lack of coordination and survivors being bad at chases.
The irony is that the same people complain about only facing Nurse and Blight at their level. Of course you do if you play to win as a survivor and especially if you bring only the best perks and add-ons and do not go for risky and fun stuff. That is the way to get your MMR high and at high MMR only Blight and Nurse with 4 slowdown-perks stacked can win against survivors.
Also they complain about camping and tunneling. Well, what are weaker Killers to do aside from that? You can not play at the highest level with Trapper without camping and you can not expect to win without use the best tactics there are.
Now, do not get me wrong, this is a flaw.
I do not play this way and I do not like full-slowdown builds. In fact I hate Ruin and wish it would just vanish alongside Cycle of Healing but I can not get my every wish.
The thing is that weaker Killers will now fall to a lower MMR. This means that a Trapper will get other, weaker survivors then a Oni or a even a Nurse. MMR "fixes" the game by making it enjoyable for those Killers once they grinded their MMR down to the level their Killer can be played at...
Or to put it the easy way: You can not expect to be an S-Tier survivor and going up against B-Tier Killers. This would be unfair and as such you get your Nurse and Blight.
And two of those top three are much much harder to master on console, or to play to anything like their full potential. So what is a console killer to chose?
Skilled killers are getting fewer and fewer by the day, hence creaping surv queue times, especially around too play. Most of those killers are or were PC, and that ratio of killer to surv has worsened with every killer out since Blight being ranged.
Console killers are screwed... I don't remember last time I played against good console killer, I have seen quite a lot of good console survivors tho.
Maybe Spirit? but you need good headset for her, so probably that's a no too...