Making Trapper a better killer

So I'm starting a sort of mini series on my ideas on how to make weaker killers better. I'm starting with Trapper since he is one of the older killers. Here are my ideas to make him stronger:

- REMOVE HIS ABILITY TO GET STUCK IN HIS OWN TRAPS: I don't understand why this is still present in the game. This can slow him down and completely undo all progress in a chase if he is carrying a downed survivor.

- MAKE INJURED SURVIVORS GO INTO THE BROKEN OR DYING STATE WHEN FREED FROM A TRAP: This will make his traps more of a threat, which can provide much needed pressure.

- INCREASE THE TIME IT TAKES TO FREE A SURVIVOR FROM A BEAR TRAP: A survivor freeing another survivor from a bear trap is a guaranteed escape, so increasing the time it takes to free a survivor from a bear trap will make it more risky to do.

- DECREASE THE TIME IT TAKES TO SET A BEAR TRAP: Trapper lacks early game pressure because he needs to set up his traps. Decreasing the time it takes to set up a trap might help with that.

Feel free to post your thoughts/opinions/ideas below.

Comments

  • @Aurelle said:

    So I'm starting a sort of mini series on my ideas on how to make weaker killers better. I'm starting with Trapper since he is one of the older killers. Here are my ideas to make him stronger:

    - REMOVE HIS ABILITY TO GET STUCK IN HIS OWN TRAPS: I don't understand why this is still present in the game. This can slow him down and completely undo all progress in a chase if he is carrying a downed survivor.

    - MAKE INJURED SURVIVORS GO INTO THE BROKEN OR DYING STATE WHEN FREED FROM A TRAP: This will make his traps more of a threat, which can provide much needed pressure.

    - INCREASE THE TIME IT TAKES TO FREE A SURVIVOR FROM A BEAR TRAP: A survivor freeing another survivor from a bear trap is a guaranteed escape, so increasing the time it takes to free a survivor from a bear trap will make it more risky to do.

    - DECREASE THE TIME IT TAKES TO SET A BEAR TRAP: Trapper lacks early game pressure because he needs to set up his traps. Decreasing the time it takes to set up a trap might help with that.

    Feel free to post your thoughts/opinions/ideas below.

    I always thought Trapper was strong. I rarely have bad games when I use him. I don't think he's weak and he has amazing snowball potential.

  • @Aurelle said:

    So I'm starting a sort of mini series on my ideas on how to make weaker killers better. I'm starting with Trapper since he is one of the older killers. Here are my ideas to make him stronger:

    - REMOVE HIS ABILITY TO GET STUCK IN HIS OWN TRAPS: I don't understand why this is still present in the game. This can slow him down and completely undo all progress in a chase if he is carrying a downed survivor.

    - MAKE INJURED SURVIVORS GO INTO THE BROKEN OR DYING STATE WHEN FREED FROM A TRAP: This will make his traps more of a threat, which can provide much needed pressure.

    - INCREASE THE TIME IT TAKES TO FREE A SURVIVOR FROM A BEAR TRAP: A survivor freeing another survivor from a bear trap is a guaranteed escape, so increasing the time it takes to free a survivor from a bear trap will make it more risky to do.

    - DECREASE THE TIME IT TAKES TO SET A BEAR TRAP: Trapper lacks early game pressure because he needs to set up his traps. Decreasing the time it takes to set up a trap might help with that.

    Feel free to post your thoughts/opinions/ideas below.

    I agree that he should have make-shift wrap as basekit and it should take longer to escape a bear trap. A good start would be to make it impossible to escape a bear trap on your first try.

  • Too many buffs that you might as well not bring any add ons. Trapper is fine now the only thing that hurts him a lot is SWF.

  • @Myla said:

    Too many buffs that you might as well not bring any add ons. Trapper is fine now the only thing that hurts him a lot is SWF.

    Yea but vs swf he struggles hard vs a decent swf it's very rare anybody steps on a single trap thus making you play pretty much powerless

  • @FreshCoal said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/296278/making-trapper-a-better-killer

    I agree that he should have make-shift wrap as basekit and it should take longer to escape a bear trap. A good start would be to make it impossible to escape a bear trap on your first try.

    As Trapper main, I dont think Makeshift a basekit. It makes impossible to escape once you hooked in basement.

    Have his traps spawn a bit away from map's edge, and increase the trap's hitbox. That would be enough for him

  • You just literally name the addons he has right now

    Makeshift wrap an common add-on that allows the trapper to walk into his trap without being stun. But you have to reset it.

    Honing stone a very rare add-on that puts a survivor in the dying state.

    Wax brick uncommon add-on increase attempt to escape by 33%. Fastening tools rare add-on increase the speed to set trap by 50% and increase the attempt to escape by 25%

    Trapper gloves common add-on to increase setting traps by 30%

  • @GrayEyes said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2656984#Comment_2656984

    Yea but vs swf he struggles hard vs a decent swf it's very rare anybody steps on a single trap thus making you play pretty much powerless

    Sounds like a SWF problem and not the killer itself.

  • @Myla said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2656992#Comment_2656992

    Sounds like a SWF problem and not the killer itself.

    Well yes but everybody that has played the game for a good amount of time knows that they will never nerf swf that's where all there money comes from so the only realistic option is trapper buffs

  • @GrayEyes said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2657010#Comment_2657010

    Well yes but everybody that has played the game for a good amount of time knows that they will never nerf swf that's where all there money comes from so the only realistic option is trapper buffs

    Eh I disagree. I think Trapper is fine for anybody else buffing him would screw over Randoms hard and most players aren't actually on a 4 man Team or a 4 man navy seal. The only buff I would agree with on top of my head is probably making his trap harder to see because it's so visible and even more so with Filters on.

  • @jarjargist21 said:

    You just literally name the addons he has right now

    Makeshift wrap an common add-on that allows the trapper to walk into his trap without being stun. But you have to reset it.

    Honing stone a very rare add-on that puts a survivor in the dying state.

    Wax brick uncommon add-on increase attempt to escape by 33%. Fastening tools rare add-on increase the speed to set trap by 50% and increase the attempt to escape by 25%

    Trapper gloves common add-on to increase setting traps by 30%

    i feel like they should just repurpose these add-ons and give these old effects basekit

  • @jarjargist21 said:

    You just literally name the addons he has right now

    Makeshift wrap an common add-on that allows the trapper to walk into his trap without being stun. But you have to reset it.

    Honing stone a very rare add-on that puts a survivor in the dying state.

    Wax brick uncommon add-on increase attempt to escape by 33%. Fastening tools rare add-on increase the speed to set trap by 50% and increase the attempt to escape by 25%

    Trapper gloves common add-on to increase setting traps by 30%

    I feel like when people wants to buff a Killer, they want to put half addons into basekit...

  • @C3Tooth said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2657007#Comment_2657007

    I feel like when people wants to buff a Killer, they want to put half addons into basekit...

    Not all the time. Sometimes people have good ideas like buff legion or buff trickster just to name a few

  • @C3Tooth said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2657007#Comment_2657007

    I feel like when people wants to buff a Killer, they want to put half addons into basekit...

    I think that says something about what killers are add-on reliant.

  • @Myla said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2657049#Comment_2657049

    Eh I disagree. I think Trapper is fine for anybody else buffing him would screw over Randoms hard and most players aren't actually on a 4 man Team or a 4 man navy seal. The only buff I would agree with on top of my head is probably making his trap harder to see because it's so visible and even more so with Filters on.

    I don't think he would be op if they made the darker add ons base kit especially with that new map coming out how tf am I supposed to trap that, theirs no grass and it's bright as the sun you can see every trap from across the map

  • He is pretty strong with iri stone on the majority of maps.

  • @RainehDaze said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2657059#Comment_2657059

    I think that says something about what killers are add-on reliant.

    They should be addon reliant, not relied as Trapper needs a Brown bag to be convenience. But addon that improve their power but also change their play style.

    If you pair his addons, giving 2 strong effects, it always leave a weakness spot for survivors to play around. Thats how well they reworked his addon. Not put in half of addon set into power and call it a buff.

  • You want a strong change for Trapper?

    Make him start with all traps ACTIVE.

    Yes, they are random placed and some may be too easy to spot, but that's instant pressure boost.


    That's even better Lore wise.

    You don't first spot your prey and then set traps, you prepare, you wait :)