Why does Object randomly not work?

There's some games where Object of Obsession literally doesn't work. The killer isn't undetectable or anything, so I don't know why it's not affecting them. A Deathslinger on Haddonfield I faced for example. Object literally won't do anything. I don't get my every 30-seconds killer aura reveal. Sometimes it will work at the beginning of the match, but will randomly stop working. I really don't understand. Does Object have limited uses? Can it not be used on certain killers or maps? What am I missing?

Comments

  • Are you sure you're the obsession? You have to be the obsession for the every-30-second reveal effect.

  • You need to be the obsession for it to trigger every 30 seconds.

    Also, if for whatever reason the killer cannot actually see your aura (eg. a shadow step totem or distortion), you won't get to see the killer either - they have to actually be able to see you or you don't get to see them either.

  • I've thought it was bugged but I just wasn't the obsession. That definitely could be why

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    I've thought it was bugged but I just wasn't the obsession. That definitely could be why

    I think it's stupid that you have to be the obsession for that effect. You can be running a dead perk all game if the killer has no aura revealing perks.

  • @GoshJosh said:

    Are you sure you're the obsession? You have to be the obsession for the every-30-second reveal effect.

    Oh.

  • @GoshJosh said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2654101#Comment_2654101

    I think it's stupid that you have to be the obsession for that effect. You can be running a dead perk all game if the killer has no aura revealing perks.

    New OoO can be used as a "scouting" perk if you're not the obsession

    Knowing that the killer doesn't have aura reading perk IS useful information

    You can run it with perks that make you the obsession if you really want to have the full benefit of it

  • @Lycidas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2654120#Comment_2654120

    New OoO can be used as a "scouting" perk if you're not the obsession

    Knowing that the killer doesn't have aura reading perk IS useful information

    You can run it with perks that make you the obsession if you really want to have the full benefit of it

    The only way to ensure you’re the obsession is For The People.. a rather terrible perk.

  • @GoshJosh said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2655245#Comment_2655245

    The only way to ensure you’re the obsession is For The People.. a rather terrible perk.

    I wouldn't define For the people as "rather terrible" but ok

    DS makes you the obsession as well, and even after the nerf you can always either make the killer waste some time or force them to eat it

  • Even if you're the obsession, a Laurie or Zarina can steal that from you

  • Probably because you weren't the obsession.

    Imagine having one of your perks not work at all because someone else used an obsession perk....

  • @Lycidas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2655694#Comment_2655694

    I wouldn't define For the people as "rather terrible" but ok

    DS makes you the obsession as well, and even after the nerf you can always either make the killer waste some time or force them to eat it

    I don’t want to force a DS activation to make OoO work as it should. And yes, FTP is a terrible perk. Why trade a health state and become broken when new WGLF practically does the same thing for free - plus the opportunity at up to double BP?

  • @GoshJosh said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2655762#Comment_2655762

    I don’t want to force a DS activation to make OoO work as it should. And yes, FTP is a terrible perk. Why trade a health state and become broken when new WGLF practically does the same thing for free - plus the opportunity at up to double BP?

    FTP can be strong, but it's a perk dependent perk just like Lucky Break which holds it back despite being strong.

    Before the broken CD was 60 seconds I'd have agreed but now, it can be quite annoying if you bring a Soul Guard Dead Hard squad.

  • @GoshJosh said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2655762#Comment_2655762

    I don’t want to force a DS activation to make OoO work as it should. And yes, FTP is a terrible perk. Why trade a health state and become broken when new WGLF practically does the same thing for free - plus the opportunity at up to double BP?

    Reworked OoO is an info perk

    If you're not the obsession, it gives you info on the killer's build so you know which perk they have and can behave accordingly (if you know for a fact that the killer doesn't have BBQ, why waste time hiding in a locker when they hook someone?)

    If you are the obsession, it gives you ADDITIONAL information on the killer's position, at the cost of notifying the killer of your position as well


    In both cases, OoO works as it should. Just because you don't like the "I'm not the obsession" part of it doesn't mean it's not working

  • @lauraa said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2655786#Comment_2655786

    FTP can be strong, but it's a perk dependent perk just like Lucky Break which holds it back despite being strong.

    Before the broken CD was 60 seconds I'd have agreed but now, it can be quite annoying if you bring a Soul Guard Dead Hard squad.

    As I mentioned, there’s much better ways to get someone else healed for free quickly than all the downsides of FTP. A minute broken status is a rare or higher quality add-on for killers. You give them that for using your own perk.

  • @Lycidas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2655786#Comment_2655786

    Reworked OoO is an info perk

    If you're not the obsession, it gives you info on the killer's build so you know which perk they have and can behave accordingly (if you know for a fact that the killer doesn't have BBQ, why waste time hiding in a locker when they hook someone?)

    If you are the obsession, it gives you ADDITIONAL information on the killer's position, at the cost of notifying the killer of your position as well

    In both cases, OoO works as it should. Just because you don't like the "I'm not the obsession" part of it doesn't mean it's not working

    Should meaning doesn’t currently, but ought to. I understand that it’s working as they intended, but it’s bad design.

  • @GoshJosh said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2655794#Comment_2655794

    As I mentioned, there’s much better ways to get someone else healed for free quickly than all the downsides of FTP. A minute broken status is a rare or higher quality add-on for killers. You give them that for using your own perk.

    You can take advantage of being broken by combining it with Resilience, but still the broken part sucks. I suggested they remove the broken part of Second Wind too.

  • If the Killer is Undetctable aura reading does not work on them or you had the Blindness Status Effect

  • @DarkMagik said:

    If the Killer is Undetctable aura reading does not work on them or you had the Blindness Status Effect

    That's one of the first things that I said wasn't the case if you read my post.