I love how DL counters DS.
"Oh, you're my obsession now? Sweet. You go ahead and run around scared, there's someone else I owe some hooks..."
"Oh, you're my obsession now? Sweet. You go ahead and run around scared, there's someone else I owe some hooks..."
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
I've been having a lot of fun experimenting with builds focusing on the obsession.
DL, STBFL, PWYF, Rancor
Is DL Dead lock?
There are two perks it could be a reference to
Dying light
or Dead lock
and just based of context (the word hooks) im gonna guess dying light but I can see where the confusion stems from since no one really discusses the perk too much and it isn't used enough to have a shorthand nickname like other perks
Definitely Dying Light given OP’s context. Deadlock has nothing to do with the obsession. Plus, it’s their profile picture… lol.
Famous Meta perks like DS, DH, BT, Noed are easy to recognized because of everyday mentioning.
We keep getting more and more perk, I couldnt remember them all, not mention the short word.
Yeah, sorry, by DL I mean Dying Light, my favorite perk, and super underrated IMO. Nobody tell the devs, though! 😀
that's a good mix! I wish I hadn't missed Rancor on last week's shrine. Current shrine has Dark Devotion, which is also a great combo with Dying Light.
Ooh, I am telling on you. Behavior is going to hear about this one and you will be in SOOOOO much trouble.
..
Sorry, I'm a newbie here (about 100 hours, started mostly Survivor but switched to killer) and on reading Dying Light I can't see how it counters Decisive Strike? It looks like it's overall a 'meh' perk given that it gives your obsession a permanent boost and looks like it stops working if you kill off your obsession.
But as I said very much a newbie here so clearly I'm missing something?
How does it counter DS?
I assume it's because using DS makes them the obsession, so now the person with the repair speed buff is not on gens, while everyone else gets slowdown.
I wouldn't call it a "counter", more of a consolation.
I suppose that's what OP meant, definitely an ambitious conclusion of them to think that 'counters' DS.
Once DSed, your obsession changes. This can allow you to get more DL stacks from the old obsession.
STBLF is a fantastic perk on any M1 based killer. It's the epitome of why I enjoy killer - it's interactive, it forces you to make decisions and it has counterplay.
PYWF...it can work but it feels like you need to take 2 steps back to take 2 steps forward.
I've never really experimented with Rancor.
DL is one of those 'emphatically okay' perks that I just struggle to fit in anywhere.
Survivor A is my obsession. I can't get any tokens for hooking survivor A, so I don't. I hook survivor B a couple times, getting 2 DL tokens. The third time I catch survivor B, he DSes and becomes my obsession. Now I can get tokens for hooking survivor A, and can end up with a max of 11 tokens (2 from my new obsession, and 3 from each of the others).
Without DS, the most I could get is 9 tokens (3 from each non-obsession).
It's not a direct counter, but DS does make it better. Also, a survivor with DS is a little more likely to be a runner build than a gen rush build, so the obsession boost helps them less.
The game is way too fast paced for Dying Light to do anything anymore.
I usually run this build except it ruin,Stbfl,rancor and surge.
If someone run adrenaline and you get Ds into end game they are now getting one shot into a mori. Most obsession won't risked it so they stay next to exit gate. You are pretty much guaranteed a kill at the end of you find the obsession.
Dark Devotion is so fun I tried it out for the first time on Plague this weekend and I slugged a entire team because they were running away from the obsession around the killer shack it was so funny
Dying Light is the single worst slowdown perk in the game. It boils down to the fact that it has no effect at the start of the match, very little effect in the middle thanks to its pathetically slow buildup, and no meaningful effect at the end even if there is still a live Obsession, who at every single point is helped rather than hindered by this perk.
Consider the following, a common situation if the game is going decently for the killer:
You have one survivor on a hook.
You're chasing a non-Obsession, probably because you're trying to intercept the rescue or pushed them off a generator or whatever.
The Obsession is unaffected by the slowdown effect of Dying Light. There are only three valid targets in the match for Dying Light's slowdown.
How many people are being slowed down by Dying Light in this scenario? Either one or zero, depending on if someone has died yet or if both non-Obsessions came for the rescue. If you're ever in a situation where all 3 non-Obsessions are alive and not being occupied by chases/hooks, you've got problems that Dying Light is not going to fix. Dying Light is doing either very little or nothing at all except helping the Obsession for most of the match.