Activating a boon totem doesn't deactivate DS?

Like it's not hard enough already playing killer, but encountering this today with a recently unhooked survivor was unexpected. I really want to be playing killer, but between the nerfs, the SWFs, and SBMM, I think I may be done for a while if not for good.

Comments

  • It most likely is a bug

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Blessing a totem does not deactivate DS.

    I personally hope they change that but there's chance it may not change, because blessing a totem is similar to activating other perks like inner strength.

    Yeah that's crazy. If you are going to interact with a totem, or generator, or heal another survivor in any way, it's supposed to deactivate ds. The fact that it didn't it is just a another thing to add to the pile of reasons why so many people are done playing killer.

  • The first time I realized it didn't deactivate DS, I had been unhooked and went immediately for the killer's Ruin totem I'd passed before getting downed. I fully expected to get rehooked if the killer came back to it, but I was willing to take the trade-off to get rid of the Hex -- I was shocked that my DS wasn't being affected (I blessed it before they came back, as they were in chase somewhere else on the map).

    The fact that I could get rid of Ruin by blessing it and keep my DS, while if I had tried to only break it (which would have gotten rid of DS), was ridiculous. I would assume it was a bug, just because it goes completely against how DS is supposed to work, but knowing how things are "balanced" in this game, I would just as likely assume that it's intended to be that way. 🤦‍♂️

  • Why should a survivor action disable their own perk?

    Killer actions do not disable their perks.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    Why should a survivor action disable their own perk?

    Killer actions do not disable their perks.

    well you're not being tunneled if you're interacting with a totem for one thing.

  • Opening exit gates also doesn't deactivate DS. Getting fully healed doesn't deactivate DS as well so you can find the same survivor and maybe one shot him then pick him and get hit with a DS. Happened to me and cost me the game lol.

  • @Sonzaishinai said:

    It most likely is a bug

    I think it's more likely an oversight.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    Why should a survivor action disable their own perk?

    Killer actions do not disable their perks.

    Instead survivor can deactive the killer perk its better amd more balence

  • @Sluzzy said:

    Why should a survivor action disable their own perk?

    Killer actions do not disable their perks.

    Insidious would like a word with you. 🤣

  • @Nathan13 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2650008#Comment_2650008

    well you're not being tunneled if you're interacting with a totem for one thing.

    You actually can still be tunneled. You could think you aren't being tunneled, work on a totem, and then the killer tunnels you again.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    Why should a survivor action disable their own perk?

    Killer actions do not disable their perks.

    It's a pure anti tunneling perk, nothing more. If you are to do anything that helps to advance the survivor's objective in any way, it's supposed to deactivate. The fact that cleansing and not blessing only works doesn't make a lick of sense.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2650036#Comment_2650036

    You actually can still be tunneled. You could think you aren't being tunneled, work on a totem, and then the killer tunnels you again.

    It’s not tunneling if i’m chasing you off a totem. Lol