Myers rework ideas
I think Myers needs changes, right now his tier 1 is just pointless, something you want to get rid off as quickly as possible. My suggestions are to merging tier 1 and 2 together. When you are not in chase, the terror radious will slowly decrease untill undetectable and starting to go back to normal when in chase, and because he now need to stalk only for 1 tier, the "tier 3", he will now need more stalk to reach the vulnerability status. When undetectable, his stalking speed is slightly reduced. When on tier 2 (old tier 3) his power will work exactly the same as the current Myers.
I think this changes will fit more on the character design of the movie, a character who hide and strike in the dark, stalking you, walking among us.
Let me know what you think. ✌️
Comments
I like the T1 how it is currently. It's supposed to be part of his weakness.
The fixes are simple:
-Remove the stalk limit per survivor (his whole shtick is supposed to be taking advantage of the weakest links to bring down the stronger ones)
-Allow him to multistalk (he should be rewarded for playing well and survivors misplaying by stacking)
-High stalk rate the further you are, lower stalk rate the closer you are. (basically the opposite of what we have now). Not really a buff per say, just a change in functioning.
-Faster pallet break in T3 (his T3 could use a little improvement, it's still too loopable)
I like these ideas.
maybe you can't stalk people with AFK crows, though?
Not sure how I feel about no stalk-limit, as it means survivors who are not very aware can basically lose the game for their team (not to mention an AFK, even if rare). What about something like the limit refreshes after 30 seconds or something?
I mean if a person is afk you're probably losing the match regardless of if it's Myers or any killer. That doesn't really seem like an issue that would specifically apply here.
A person not aware losing the game for their team? I mean it is a team game. How's that any different from the unaware person just going down instantly every time and losing the game for their team that way. If they're bad their mmr will lower and less likely to be in your matches. If you're consistently seeing them then you're not playing as well as you think. This again doesn't seem like a Myers change issue, just a general part of the game overall.
There's normal "not being aware", and then Myers "not being aware"
I feel like there may be many maps and gen configurations where you could stalk someone on a gen (especially in tier 1) from a very crafty spot. If there isn't any limit on stalking then I feel you can get to T2 very easily, possibly even T3 if the hiding place is that good
"I feel like there may be many maps and gen configurations where you could stalk someone on a gen (especially in tier 1) from a very crafty spot."
That's called being skillful. That's kind of entirely the point.
"If there isn't any limit on stalking then I feel you can get to T2 very easily, possibly even T3 if the hiding place is that good"
I don't see an issue with this. Rewarding skilled play.
I don't mean for this to sound condescending, but this sounds like "but what if there's a bad survivor on my team?". I feel like that's literally part of the game and also supposed to be part of the Myers play style, hence why it's a group stalk meter instead of an individual stalk meter like Ghostface.
It's a team game, it is what it is. You are supposed to be hurt when you have a bad teammate. The games balanced around that. That's why SWF is partly so strong as it removes the weak links from your team and guarantees you good teammates since you selected them. AKA breaking the games balance.
As many people have already and will suggest, you need to remove the stalk capacity for survivors. Once the survivor is completely red, reduce the amount of stalking by half instead of removing it altogether. I've had games where the only remaining survivor/s had no stalking left to be had which turned Myers into just a normal m1 killer. It was a ridiculous.
They can also remove the capacity. My idea was to make the killer more interesting in terms of power, not making the undetectable status under player cotrol, unlike ghostface's power.
"You are supposed to be hurt when you have a bad teammate. The games balanced around that."
Disagree, the game is balanced around not having comms, it isn't designed around having potatoes on your team.
SWF is strong because people can tailor their builds knowing what their teammates (e.g. 2 people have BT and are the designated unhookers, not everyone has to run prove thyself). It is less about the fact that strong players can SWF together (although that is still a factor).
If you have 4 solo Q survivors who are very good, they're going to do worse than 4 SWF on comms of the same skill, and that's just a fact.
The only reason I was bringing up bad survivors is I was trying to post before the inevitable Solo Q mains come in and say "this will hurt Solo but not SWF"
But back to the main point, I feel it could still be strong with the stalk limit, but it just resets after a short time period. It encourages you to cycle your attention across the whole team, which is a good way to play anyway.
Further to the above, you've just said yourself you think Myers power is built around applying pressure to the whole team with a shared group stalk meter (as opposed to Ghost Face). I don't see how that supports your point you should be able to fill it up on one survivor, and then lay waste to the rest of the team?
"Disagree, the game is balanced around not having comms, it isn't designed around having potatoes on your team."
It is designed around having bad teammates. That's literally how the games balanced. Most all high hour/high mmr players would agree to that. It isn't a controversial statement. That's why we have so many unbalanced things, it's because they're built around assuming the person using it won't use it correctly. That's why it ends up broken in the hands of players that actually know how to use it properly.
"SWF is strong because people can tailor their builds knowing what their teammates (e.g. 2 people have BT and are the designated unhookers, not everyone has to run prove thyself). It is less about the fact that strong players can SWF together (although that is still a factor)."
That's entirely why I stated it was a factor instead of it is the primary factor. I was careful with my words there specifically.
"If you have 4 solo Q survivors who are very good, they're going to do worse than 4 SWF on comms of the same skill, and that's just a fact."
Duh. I never stated or implied otherwise.
"The only reason I was bringing up bad survivors is I was trying to post before the inevitable Solo Q mains come in and say "this will hurt Solo but not SWF""
I get that, but it's inevitable. That's the issue that's going to happen nearly regardless as long as swf exists. It's nearly an unavoidable problem.
"But back to the main point, I feel it could still be strong with the stalk limit, but it just resets after a short time period. It encourages you to cycle your attention across the whole team, which is a good way to play anyway."
I'd agree depending on what kind of time period we're talking. Every survivors stalk limit resets every minute?
You're misinterpreting my point. It's a group stalk, meaning you share the meter. In other words you use the weaker links to bring down the greater links because it's shared.
I guess the point I was picking up on was when you said "you are supposed to hurt when you have bad teammates", it almost makes it sound as if BHVR intentionally balanced the game to work like this, when we all know it just ended up this way. I still feel that the game is designed around no comms. But its just a nitpick on word usage, I probably agree with you.
Earlier I said 30 seconds for the stalk refresh limit, but a minute might also work.
It could also work in two ways, it constantly refreshes slowly (i.e. you can stop, stalk a bit, stop, stalk a bit), OR it is depleted and then after a period of time it resets back to 100%. I'm not sure which one would be stronger.
Yeah fair, my bad
"Earlier I said 30 seconds for the stalk refresh limit, but a minute might also work."
If we're talking 30sec-60sec refresh then sure I'll agree with you.
"I guess the point I was picking up on was when you said "you are supposed to hurt when you have bad teammates", it almost makes it sound as if BHVR intentionally balanced the game to work like this, when we all know it just ended up this way. I still feel that the game is designed around no comms. But its just a nitpick on word usage, I probably agree with you."
Yeah I feel like we're just mincing words rather than points more than anything. I mean we all agree the game is balanced around no comms and for survivors of low skill. I mean whether we want to say intentional, accident, I mean whatever. It is what it is.