What tier would everyone put demo in?

I've been playing demo a lot for a long time but the past week or so ive been hard maining him in honour of his departure and to me demo seems like hes A tier but alot of people i know would say hes B tier but i believe he has a lot of potential. I play shred only demo because thats just what i find fun and challenging and even then i can get pretty much every single hit + more and i barely use portals because im boosted and forget and even then i still dominate most games, but if you were to use all of his mechanics to their full potential what tier do you believe he would place :). (in honour of the cutest doggo!)

Comments

  • High B tier. He has a bit of everything, but doesn't excel in any specific area.

  • High B. I don't think he's good enough for A but he's much better than most the other B tier killers.

  • I'd put him In A. He's like a combo of Nemesis and Freddy, but he's better than them in every aspect. His teleport is amazing for 3 genning and mobility, his Shred is a really good anti looping tool aswell

  • He's in the good boi tier

  • @ThatOneDemoPlayer said:

    I'd put him In A. He's like a combo of Nemesis and Freddy, but he's better than them in every aspect. His teleport is amazing for 3 genning and mobility, his Shred is a really good anti looping tool aswell

    I was actually comparing him to Nemesis earlier and I was like wait...he literally does everything Nemesis does, but just significantly better.

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2649617#Comment_2649617

    I was actually comparing him to Nemesis earlier and I was like wait...he literally does everything Nemesis does, but just significantly better.

    Yep

  • High B. Jack of all trades master of none

  • Can be pretty oppressive with the right build (favourite is MYC with lifeguard whistle, seeing freshly exposed auras hiding behind something right next to me as I emerge from a portal feels so naughty) but otherwise is a B tier.

  • @JPA said:

    He's in the good boi tier

    I like that answer :)

  • @Seraphor said:

    Can be pretty oppressive with the right build (favourite is MYC with lifeguard whistle, seeing freshly exposed auras hiding behind something right next to me as I emerge from a portal feels so naughty) but otherwise is a B tier.

    Oooh sounds nasty, now I want to try that. Any other perks recommended to go with that build?

  • Average to above average. He has decent map mobility, which is always useful, and if he activates his portals also has decent survivor detection. His lunge isn’t the best anti-looping tool but it’s ok.

  • Like even if we hypothetically made his tentacle strike not take 3 hits, so now it's only 2 like normal hits. I still think Demo would be signficantly better than Nemesis...and that would be a huge buff if we did that for Nemesis. I mean wow, I feel like that really illustrates how terrible Nemesis actually is. He makes Demo looks crazy good and Demo isn't even viable against top tier survivors lol.

  • @JPA said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2649637#Comment_2649637

    Oooh sounds nasty, now I want to try that. Any other perks recommended to go with that build?

    Starstruck gets them away from the hook initially so they don't unhook before you get away from it, plus bonus chance for a one hit down. Between both forms of Exposed you can sometimes snowball quite quickly and counter Circle of Healing.

    Leprose Lichen also means you can track players around portals more easily. Say you hook in the basement and stick a portal above it, you'll be warned when someone enters the basement.

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2649631#Comment_2649631

    Like even if we hypothetically made his tentacle strike not take 3 hits, so now it's only 2 like normal hits. I still think Demo would be signficantly better than Nemesis...and that would be a huge buff if we did that for Nemesis. I mean wow, I feel like that really illustrates how terrible Nemesis actually is. He makes Demo looks crazy good and Demo isn't even viable against top tier survivors lol.

    i think neme is actually pretty decent especially when you learn the full potential of his tentacle strafe but you really have to try to have them all fully infected from the start otherwise he is bad at snowballing but granted you hit them all twice? i think it is assuming each one of them uses a vaccine he has pretty good snowball potential and can get some insane hits with the strafe

  • @Seraphor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2649653#Comment_2649653

    Starstruck gets them away from the hook initially so they don't unhook before you get away from it, plus bonus chance for a one hit down. Between both forms of Exposed you can sometimes snowball quite quickly and counter Circle of Healing.

    Leprose Lichen also means you can track players around portals more easily. Say you hook in the basement and stick a portal above it, you'll be warned when someone enters the basement.

    so you'd recommend the lichen over using territorial imperative? I guess that also requires you to be X metres away from the hook

    Don't have startstruck but I got like 50K shards atm so I might as well just get trickster

  • @JPA said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2649662#Comment_2649662

    so you'd recommend the lichen over using territorial imperative? I guess that also requires you to be X metres away from the hook

    Don't have startstruck but I got like 50K shards atm so I might as well just get trickster

    Lichen is more versatile that TI, depending on how other hooks are positioned you can 'block' routes with portals for that early warning.

  • @Zachcjjj said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2649658#Comment_2649658

    i think neme is actually pretty decent especially when you learn the full potential of his tentacle strafe but you really have to try to have them all fully infected from the start otherwise he is bad at snowballing but granted you hit them all twice? i think it is assuming each one of them uses a vaccine he has pretty good snowball potential and can get some insane hits with the strafe

    Hypothetically here lets say his tentacle strike is now 2 hits instead of 3 and we also even remove all vaccine cases from the match. Demo is still significantly better, that's how awful Neme is.

    Zombie map pressure is on the edge of non existent, where at least Demo has some map pressure with portals.

    Shred has a signficantly further reach, significantly easier hit box to land and can be baited as tapping shred barely slows him down at all, whereas you lose ground on tentacle baiting as well as a delay at canceling it for an m1.

    Shred doesn't need build up to be able to break pallets fast, he has it from the very beginning.

    The only tiny area Nemesis has better is one that the infected survivors are a tiny bit louder with coughing so stealth is tiny bit harder and two that he can sometimes hit over things. Emphasis on the sometimes since the vast majority of things you cannot and the survivor can just crouch to avoid it.

    Nemesis is just inferior across the board to a killer that is already inferior in the first place and that's even after we "hypothetically" gave him those significant buffs that don't actually exist. It's wild how bad he is.

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2649665#Comment_2649665

    Hypothetically here lets say his tentacle strike is now 2 hits instead of 3 and we also even remove all vaccine cases from the match. Demo is still significantly better, that's how awful Neme is.

    Zombie map pressure is on the edge of non existent, where at least Demo has some map pressure with portals.

    Shred has a signficantly further reach, significantly easier hit box to land and can be baited as tapping shred barely slows him down at all, whereas you lose ground on tentacle baiting as well as a delay at canceling it for an m1.

    Shred doesn't need build up to be able to break pallets fast, he has it from the very beginning.

    The only tiny area Nemesis has better is one that the infected survivors are a tiny bit louder with coughing so stealth is tiny bit harder and two that he can sometimes hit over things. Emphasis on the sometimes since the vast majority of things you cannot and the survivor can just crouch to avoid it.

    Nemesis is just inferior across the board to a killer that is already inferior in the first place and that's even after we "hypothetically" gave him those significant buffs that don't actually exist. It's wild how bad he is.

    Don't get me wrong i would agree demo is better aswell especially with addons like barbs glasses or black heart or even rat liver but i dont thin k neme is terrible i play him very similarly to the way i play demo ie tentacle only and i have pretty high success rate when i get in the zone and do well with the tentacle strafes i would say neme is around mid B tier imo and for reference i would place demo low A tier

  • Low A. Good antiloop, good map pressure tool.

  • High B/low A. He's very good.