Your Event, Your Way!
Having hope we get a winter solstice event got me thinking, If any of you could create your own event in the game what would the objective be? How would you create an event to keep everyone entertained while rewarding the grind at the same time? The forum has been filled with negativity so I'm trying to spread a little positivity while giving everyone a chance to express their interests on what would make an event worth while for them let's hear what you've got!
Comments
I don’t think additional objectives or addressing the grind should be done via Events at all. It should be done in the actual game.
i am very much fine with how the Midnight Grove went - minus the performance issues I have read about on consoles of course. The tome and the way you earned cosmetics was nice and didn’t distract too much from the actual game (which was something heavily complained about during Hallowed Blight and Lunar Lantern events)
I miss the old events that had an objective along with a grind to where you couldn't just buy the cosmetics you had to earn them through gameplay, my friends and I used to grind the game so hard back then because the events felt entertaining and rewarding at the same time
This sounds like fun! (TL;DR in the bottom)
Alright, so my event would be called:
Infernal Summer BBQ.
Veterans and old-fashioned players might find the name a bit familiar, and they are absolutely correct! My event would be a direct sequel to the legendary Scorching Summer BBQ event, which took place between 7 and 23 August 2018.
It wold also take place in August.
Menu
The very first features of the event would be the menu itself and the theme. Both of which can be found on this video right here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypPGg8borKw&ab_channel=AeulasTo honor its predecessor, the Infernal Summer BBQ would use the same menu and theme that the Scorching Summer BBQ used, all the way back in 2018.
In-game changes
The Infernal Summer BBQ would re-enable the following assets:
1-) Grill Hooks, which would highlighted in a blue aura:
2-) Frozen Cocktail Machine Generators
3-) BBQ Invitation Offering:
Challenge
The Infernal Summer BBQ would feature personal Challenges that require the Player to collect special Tokens in order to unlock the Cosmetic Rewards.
Each Map spawns with 2 Frozen Cocktail Machines and 2 Grill Hooks by default.
The Player can to find and burn a Offering called the BBQ Invitation, calling upon The Entity for additional Machines and Hooks, up to a total of 7 Machines and Hooks.
The Player earns Frosty Margaritas and Survivor Chops when they fix Frozen Cocktail Machines or hook Survivors for the first time on Grill Hooks. They also gain bonus Bloodpoints for doing so, even though Survivors will be unable to earn 7 Frosty Margaritas in a single trial due to the limit of only 5 Generators being fully repairable. However, the bonus Bloodpoints gained from completing a Frozen Cocktail Machine are global and awarded to all Survivors. All other bonus Bloodpoints are awarded post-trial during the tally screen and only if the Player had burnt a BBQ Invitation.
A Blood Hunt would last for the entire duration of the event.
Rewards
The rewards are the trickiest part. First of all, I would like for the rewards to be a full collections instead of singular pieces, like The Hallowed Blight. Players would be able to earn enough tokens for 2 full outfits.
Second, I wouldn't like them to be "beach" themed. Instead, I would like my rewards to be close to the "Scorching / Infernal" theme. Things like these 2 cosmetics right here:
And I believe that is it! That, my dear friends, is the event that we never got in 2019.
That is the Infernal Summer BBQ.
TL;DR: A sequel for the 2018 Scorching Summer BBQ event, with a Blood Hunt and more rewards.
I never knew I needed this until now.
Bringing me back to the old days there! I like it! What if instead of opening the gates you had to light a giant charcoal grill that took the same time as the opening animation and opened the gate when the flame was fully ignited lol the game needs to bring stuff like this back and add a few changes like you suggested
All gens and hooks are event gens and hooks.
Everytime a gen is completed all survivors in match are rewarded with BP.
Killers earn event BP everytime they hook a survivor.
Event offering increases event BP earned and is stackable for everyone in the match.
Bloodwebs have atleast 2 event offerings and 2 event items each - could definitely have more.
Community challenge for gens completed and survivors hooked (NOT kills/escapes). Awards all original killers and survivors with holiday outfit without having to play every single one. First challenge head, second torso/body, and third legs/weapon.
Side challenge for extra BP if it wouldn't cause performance issues - survivors build snowmen, killers knock them down.
Honestly I've seen leaks for stuff around Christmas and I think it looks pretty fun. I'm going to leave it there I'd rather not get banned.
I am happy to read that!
The Scorching Summer BBQ was a hell of a good event, and I am glad that my proposed sequel has sparked your interest!
You will never find someone as old-fashioned as I am, my friend. Taking people back to the old, better days was indeed the intention :)
At the very least, I think it would be nice if a "burning" sound effect played when you opened the exit gate, kinda like that sound effect when you hooked a survivor on a Grill Hook.
I just want a flat % BP bonus. Maybe some stuff to pick up for extra BP.
I don't care what event - call it Guy Fawkes, call it 'get your perks' month. It's batty to me that I've been playing for going on 250 hours and I haven't unlocked all the perks I want, let alone on all the killers I want. I've barely touched the survivor perks at that.
I personally would like a winter themed event that had random presents all over the map for both survivor and killer and opening the present would give you a random boosted bonus effect that is on it's own special active ability button to be used randomly during a match and you would be rewarded by counting the presents you opened when escaping and for killer you would get the amount of presents you opened plus 1 extra for every dead survivor and once you reached 100 presents it would unlock two event outfits that was applicable to any original character you choose along with a 250,000 BP bonus for completing the event and have daily event challenges along with it that give extra rewards each time you complete them along with 50% off any original cosmetics in the store, if there was someway to put sleds for survivors and killers on Ormond I would do that also lol