What Do Props Actually Do?

I used to give props all the time. But then...like...I stopped because I didn't see that they were really doing anything? Do they have a point and I'm just missing it? I'm still fairly new so I'm sure they play a huge role and I'm missing out.

Comments

  • They don't do anything, the person doesn't even know if they got props

  • @PerfectlyPink said:

    They don't do anything, the person doesn't even know if they got props

    Well, that's kind of lame.

  • BHVR keeps track of all the props people have gotten, and on the 10th anniversary of DbD they're gonna give the player with the most props... TEN THOUSAND bloodpoints!!!

    ๐Ÿ˜

  • @luvcraft said:

    BHVR keeps track of all the props people have gotten, and on the 10th anniversary of DbD they're gonna give the player with the most props... TEN THOUSAND bloodpoints!!!

    ๐Ÿ˜

    Is that for real?

  • Back in 2018 in one of the Dev Q&A's they said they collect the Thumbs Up props data and planned to eventually do something with it, like give people with a lot of props rewards maybe. Nothing ever came of it though that I know of. ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ

  • @Pizzasauce said:

    I used to give props all the time. But then...like...I stopped because I didn't see that they were really doing anything? Do they have a point and I'm just missing it? I'm still fairly new so I'm sure they play a huge role and I'm missing out.

    They are a placebo to make you feel you did something even though it does nothing; the same as rating your match enjoyment or reporting in game without going to the external official website and form.

    Props does nothing, and rating your game enjoyment 1 out of 5 is the equivalent of screaming into a pillow :)

    BHVR cannot see what actually happens during a match so reporting in game also does nothing; you have to submit evidence via the website form such as uploading a log file (which is stored locally and only for PC) or uploading a video of the thing you are reporting.

    Someone could report you in game for cheating a million times and they don't do anything about it in case they are false reports; they need evidence and cannot get any themselves without a player submitting it through the website with all the hassle that comes with that convoluted form.