Windows 11 and DBD Performance

I use an AMD Ryzen 3900x CPU and a RTX3080 on Windows 11 with all the L3 Cache fixes innstalled + latest AMD chipset driver.

Dead by Daylight runs a lot choppier then on my old Windows 10 installation. In almost every other game I have +20FPS compared to windows 10 but DBD runs around 40FPS now

Anyone experience the same ?

Any hint on how to fix it?

Tagged: BHVR

Comments

  • @GMan79 said:

    I use an AMD Ryzen 3900x CPU and a RTX3080 on Windows 11 with all the L3 Cache fixes innstalled + latest AMD chipset driver.

    Dead by Daylight runs a lot choppier then on my old Windows 10 installation. In almost every other game I have +20FPS compared to windows 10 but DBD runs around 40FPS now

    Anyone experience the same ?

    Any hint on how to fix it?

    Don't get Windows 11 until it's been tested more.

  • @GMan79 said:

    I use an AMD Ryzen 3900x CPU and a RTX3080 on Windows 11 with all the L3 Cache fixes innstalled + latest AMD chipset driver.

    Dead by Daylight runs a lot choppier then on my old Windows 10 installation. In almost every other game I have +20FPS compared to windows 10 but DBD runs around 40FPS now

    Anyone experience the same ?

    Any hint on how to fix it?

    There are still issues with Ryzen CPU's and Windows 11 in games, which is the reason I've not updated to Win 11 yet.

  • Tbf just get a better pc, this one is slightly outdated 🤓

  • yeah a few people I know have gone back to Win 10 since they did the supposed fix for the issue at the end of October, as they're still getting decreased performance and stuttering/fps drops.

    I'm holding off updating for now because of it (I did update, then reinstalled Win 10 from scratch after issues), so waiting until completely sure as I don't want to lose a weekend to it again lol.

  • I would like to bring this back up.

    Meanwhile , all Ryzen related issues under windows 11 should be fixed. Also I have upgraded to a 5900x.

    Windows 11 is fresh and clean installed. Also I have checked for "Virtualisation Based Security" and have it disabled.

    I also have tried installing DBD on a HDD, pcie Gen3 and pcie Gen 4 SSD, the issues remain. it's running choppy and FPS drops down midgame on every map to ~40

    //EDIT:

    Is multimonitor setup playing on 3440x1440px be the culprit?

    //EDIT:

    That might have fixed it... at least after 2 rounds it looks like that, i keep on playing and see.

    Adding -dx12 as launch option in steam.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nhsBQTgnb4


  • I've been testing out games with Win 11 now and can confirm that I've run into no issues so far. Have not had the monitor issue either.

  • It's not a windows 11 problem. Dbd has some performance issues now.

  • Early adopters always have the growing pains. I'm afraid you'll have to just put up with it for some unknown time or revert to 10