Dear Behavior, please fix your garbage community.
So just had a game where after two other people die, the other remaining survivor tries bodyblocking me at every opportunity, following me around slamming pallets and jumping in lockers trying to get me killed.
As much as killers pretend online they punish this, they really don't.
The killer - a pig (not surprising they're mostly toxic as hell) - sees all the bodyblocking and attempts at attentuon and still tries slugging for the 4k. After a long game he hooks the other guy before he bleeds out, then stands on the hatch so I can't enter it. Stood there for a good 5 minutes until I lured him away and managed to get in.
You got survivors trying to get you killed. You got killers blocking the hatch. The reason I'm making this discussion is because while I wish this was a rare occurance it's sadly not. This kind of situation is becoming all too common. This is hands down the worst community I've ever seen in any game. Behaviour seems content to do nothing. Guess I was just meant to disconnect? Lose points, pips and items through no fault of my own?
As much as killers pretend online they punish this, they really don't.
The killer - a pig (not surprising they're mostly toxic as hell) - sees all the bodyblocking and attempts at attentuon and still tries slugging for the 4k. After a long game he hooks the other guy before he bleeds out, then stands on the hatch so I can't enter it. Stood there for a good 5 minutes until I lured him away and managed to get in.
You got survivors trying to get you killed. You got killers blocking the hatch. The reason I'm making this discussion is because while I wish this was a rare occurance it's sadly not. This kind of situation is becoming all too common. This is hands down the worst community I've ever seen in any game. Behaviour seems content to do nothing. Guess I was just meant to disconnect? Lose points, pips and items through no fault of my own?
Comments
What the survivor did is actually very rare like that. What the killer did is understandable considering the hatch. ######### the hatch giving undeserving wins to a survivor while the team played poorly.
This game has never been what you thought it was. It isn't really a 1 vs 4 game. It can be more accurately described as 1 vs (1+/-1+/-1+/-1). Survivors are only really team mates so long as they view themselves as team mates. Maybe the guy you thought was a team mate is really only part of the team so long as it is convenient. If all 4 can escape, that's fine. But if he has to walk across a few bodies to escape then that is fine too. That is the kind of game this is.
@The_Crusader did that survivor get the other two killed? The reason i ask is, they don't have to be the best survivor they just need to outlast you. I have seen bond and empathy used to pass the killer off to "teammates" in an effort to live long enough to escape. Unless they were working directly with the killer to wipe out the lobby it isn't as @not_Queen said bannable. It is scummy but it is also a strategy.
After playing the game for a few weeks I bumped into someone I endearingly refer to as "the friendly pig"... He would spook the hell out of me by literally stealthing up to me on a gen I was working on, and despite pivoting my camera, I never noticed them until he was RIGHT NEXT TO ME. and I mean, her piggy ear was practically pressed against my shoulder.
I freaked and started to run, but she didn't move... so I came back to cautiously survey the situation, only to have her approach me, look at the gen, and rapidly nod.
I took the hint and went back to work, she left, downed a few teammates, but I noticed she never hooked them.
she did the same to me, but when she saw I had a teammate nearby she hooked, downed the teammate, brought them to me and spun in circles until she was free to help me down.
I have been playing "friendly pig" ever since.
I will hunt people down, put traps on their heads, and only hook them if I'm SURE there's a teammate closeby to save them.
and if I notice a toxic survivor, they get killed outright... no mercy for trolls.
but I have made tons of friends and have made a lot of people message me about how much of a relief it was to have a "fun" killer who would hunt them, but still let them have fun too.
there's enough toxicity in the world, there's no need to add to it.
At what point does this cross the line from tactile play to trolling though?
I could argue that bringing Bond and Object of obsession and getting the killer to chase a teammate right at the start of the game is a tactical play. While the killer is busy no doubt tunneling them it allows the rest of us to get 2-3 gens done. Then I can get the others killed and get the hatch.
Sounds like a reasonable strategy for my survival.
At what point does this become trolling?
I really think situations like these put the game on a dark course for the future.
The killer is toxic for playing to win. You're more toxic than the killer will ever be for acting like you're entitled to the hatch.
"The killer was body blocking the hatch... What a toxic community..."
What?
You'll adapt
Doing that after witnessing someone being bodhblocked and trying to fight off another survivor for 10 mins?
I said i dont blame the killer as much, but they're still a sad case for getting all sweaty for a 4k and causing slugging and standoffs after seeing a survivor playing in that way.
Nice pig avatar btw
;3
This question was answered in my original answer.
What I'm asking is that lets say I just join random lobbies with different people everytime as I do in solo survivor. Bringing Bond and OoO with the intention of getting others killed so I can survive and get the hatch and avoid any possibility of noed, that's an acceptable strategy and within the rules of the game?
Yeah as long as you don't keep doing it to the same person over and over and they record you doing it over and over and build a case against you harassing them.
However... Don't expect the community to exact their revenge on you when they see you in their future lobbies.
I don't understand how Pigs are toxic. In all of my experience, I don't think I've been toxic.
Someone, please explain.
And you wonder why the community seems to be so toxic and why people all get pushed towards SWF.