Why are zombies useless?
A surv just ran straight past him amd he didn't care at all
A surv just ran straight past him amd he didn't care at all
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Because if they were even remotely useful the casual survivor base would complain. It's essentially the story of why most things are undertuned. The game is balanced around the lowest common denominator.
What do you mean they're so very useful.
I get a zombie to hit a survivor every once in a blue moon but they are mostly stuck on rocks, trees, or another random object. I run Disco to try and keep them moving as much as possible (They move to the Disco gens) but only helps sometimes. Last time I played against the Nemesis I was working on the final gen and a Zombie was heading towards it. No doubt it was going to force me off but got caught on a tree and watched while I finished the gen. I also had a game where I was running to a gen to pop it and seen a zombie right next to it but the gen popped soon as I got there.
It's sad to see how poorly designed they are.
I dunno much about the zombies. But I like the idea of zombies always spawning close to survivors and gens not yet completed.
This way Nemesis has a kind of in-built detection power... And I hope it also provided a little more consistent pressure, since the zombies will be closer to survivors more often.
Just a suggestion...
Zombies are awesome on Hawkins, but that's about it. They're not necessarily good on other indoor maps, either; it's specifically Hawkins. So yeah, I'm annoyed because there's nothing that's immediately going to fill that gap, meaning Nemesis's zombies are just bad everywhere, now.
On indoor maps zombies are a pain because you just round a corner and there they are, it's either get hit by the zombie or get hit by nemesis, but on most maps they're pretty easy to deal with if you stay aware of your surroundings, honestly I think that on bigger maps one more zombie should spawn in
It would be a nice buff if they could never get stuck. The good AI was there on the PTB from what I can tell (being a windows store gamer I can't access it hehe) and they changed something around to make them dumber because they were too effective.
Terrible AI because if they had good ones the new players would complain.