Possible Alert Buff
When the Killer performs a break action, maybe show the aura of the object being broken (gen/pallet) as well as the Killer's aura. That way a Survivor can tell if the Killer is chasing, or just patrolling, from across the map.
Before the "too OP" counter arguments flood in, just remember that there are far better perks that turn the game on its head, and give Survivors 10 more chances on top of the 10 they already get. That, and this perk is mostly for solo Survivors anyway; they don't always know if the Killer is in a chase, unlike SWF.
Comments
I don't think it's necessary because you will see where the killer is and that's more important to you than whether he is chasing or not.
If the Killer's aura is 1 gen away I will move off my gen if the Killer is patrolling, but if he's merely chasing then I will continue repairing gens.
SWF gets these benefits with voice chat, and the devs want to bridge the gap between Solo and SWF. If they add a being chased Survivor status icon to the HUD, then yeah, this change won't be necessary.
I think Alert is good enough as it is.
I prefer to see where the killer is going after the break action: if the broken object's Aura were shown with the killer's Aura, I'd agree; if it were seen instead of theirs, then I would consider that a nerf, rather than a buff.
Uhm I think its quite strong already that a single perk reveals the killer breaking sth without range limitation to the whole team already.
@Master Are you speaking about SWF?
Yes, I meant both the aura of the Killer and the object they're breaking (edited that part in).
You want another buff to Alert??
Serious?
I even used this perk pre buff, because I thought it is pretty damn good and than they BUFFED it.
And you even ask for MORE??
Yes.
Yes
Only survivors are not ashamed to ask for stuff like this.
Ive never seen a killer wanting BBQ to give 200% bonus BP for example (like the old WGLF)
You already get to know the killer when he first breaks anything, even if it happens on the far side of the map, because you can recognize the Silhouette.
What the devs need to do is give everyone ingame voice comms and balance the game around that. Everything else is laughable unless they want to remove swf
Oh and btw, the devs could go ahead and change the game as they want, you are in no ways guaranteed anything
Unfortunately Devs stopped showing stats on stream, so we need to stick the old stuff they told us.
50% of all survivor join the game via "play with friends", including people that play solo, but still click "play with friends" to avoid old bugs.
Therefore 70% of all lobbies contain some sort of SWF in different combinations.
Overall that is not the "vast majority" of the playerbase.
The playerbase is ~75% survivor and 25% killer and from those 75% of the total playerbase not even half of them play SWF, so a meager 35-38% force SWF on all of us.
English, almost everyone who is playing can speak english (except a few russians from my experience)
Let me be more precise. What they need to do is add ingame voice comms and then balance the game around voice comms. Even with this strategy, SWF still grants an insane advantage. The ability to choose your own teammates is such a big advantage that other games force "SWF" into different queues because it would simply be unfair to match "SWF" vs "soloqueueers" EVEN THOUGH the game offfers ingame voice comms