How do you play vs. stealth killers
As in the topic.
When I can hear them I'm able to win games. When I don't I rarely do.
Premonition won't help me, as I am too bad to notice the icon flashing.
What can I do, to improve my chances of winning?
As in the topic.
When I can hear them I'm able to win games. When I don't I rarely do.
Premonition won't help me, as I am too bad to notice the icon flashing.
What can I do, to improve my chances of winning?
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
By stealth I mean not only invisible killers, but these which cannot be sensed (heartbeats/music/else).
Also, you can hear the footsteps of stealth killers like Freddy and Myers if they are too close.
Premonition, eyeballs, ears... the list goes on.
You only need to pay attentions to your environment. THird person is all you need basically, you have a suround view at any time, you dont even need sound for that, but sound is another powerful tool
Sprintburst counters stealth killers. It also counters every other killer.
Open eyes, use sprint burst, spine chill/premonition if bad eyes
I'd argue spine chill is way better.
Pay attention. You have 3rd pov, use it to your advantage.There's always object of obsession if you are brave enough, which won't work against tier 1 Myers
Not when Nurse and Billy have infinite Sprint Burst.
Sprintburst is the strongest counter against billy. If you have trouble with billy, use that perk (please dont). Its not worth to chainsaw after a sprintbursting survivor.
Nurse ... can deal with it. As always
i think you are talking about killers from the tracker cathegory here. killers who have it easy to find survivors (usually stealthy killers).
the strength of these killers is to find you, but hunting is their big weakness. when these killers are chasing you, they are usually the commen w+m1 killer, without any big strengths. just make sure that you have a pallet / window around you and when they start to chase you, use that in order to get away.
do not try to be stealthy against these killers, as they will probaply still find you.
Only play bold when someone else is being chased, but at the same time be as far away from the chase/killer as possible.
Gonna repeat others by saying this, but it's true...
Learn to effectively use your eyes and ears.
I can't put it any more nicely than that, after a month of playing i never touched Premonition again.
Scouting is important. I don't mean creeping around until you see the killer, i mean using the clues you're given to make an educated guess at what you're facing. Your real stealth killers are Myers, Spirit, Pig, and M&A Hag. Freddy and Wraith have to announce their presence and then wait several seconds before they can even hit you, so I don't even think of them as really being "stealthy".
Essentially, you try to narrow down the possible killers by observing the match. Most of the killers have sound cues (chainsaw, blink, trap triggers, the Spirit's "whoosh", etc). Two have visible props that you're likely to see as your camera pans around while loading in. Three have effects that show on the status bar. Or, you could just run Alert and see which killer it is the first time they break something.
Once you know which killer you're going against, you can plan your escape routes accordingly.
Against stealth killers that can jumpscare grab you (not Freddy or Wraith), don't repair a gen on a side that that forces you to sit by a blind corner (you're just asking them to come around the corner and grab you). Use your third-person camera to look around corners before you walk out. Watch for disturbed grass or Wraith shimmer. Listen for footsteps, haunting, and heavy breathing.
Premonition, Spine Chill, and Alert are all useful against stealthy killers, but they are NOT necessary. Sprint Burst is VERY useful against stealthy killers. By definition, a stealthy killer will be able to get closer to you before you notice they're there. Sprint Burst will allow you to get away from them without being hit. Since most stealthy killers are slower they're more likely to break the gen and keep hunting rather than try to catch up to a sprinter.
Also, if you've seen a jigsaw box you should just assume that the red-shirted person crouching toward you is NOT Meg.