Survivors should be able to cleanse boon totems
In the interest of making the game more fun and fair because boon totems have wrecked the meager balance this game had, I've been running totem hunting builds as solo survivor and just busting every totem so they can't be used for boons. Survivors should be able to cleanse boon totems too
Comments
I mean, it’s a really complex thing they’ve done. Because there is still incentive to cleanse totems. I was shocked when I found out boon totems were associated with dull and hex totems. I thought they would be their own entity (pun not intended). I don’t think the mechanic was fully thought through.
why do you want to destroy your teammates perk that benefits everyone?
sure you might want to use your clairvoyance or inner healing, but those totems you do cleanse aren't already effected via boons.
Rift challenges, Counterforce, maybe I really need to heal but it’s not CoH, etc.
a lot of that is situational and isn't much you can do about. basically those would be times where you have to suck it up and move on. so theres just no reason to want too.
Do what others have done to me: point the booner out to the killer and get them hooked. Once they die, then you can cleanse the totem.
Or you could realize that totems are a limited resource, just like pallets. If someone else had cleansed the totem before you found it, then you still wouldn't get to cleanse it yourself. The only difference with it being booned is that the boon totem can help you more than a pile of already cleansed bones could.
Didn't they nerf Boon Totems to no longer stack?
One Totem can be Booned by 1 player and if a new Totem is booned the old one snuffs out. And if the person that Boons a totem gets hooked or killed the Boon is snuffed out also.
And I noticed this, Survivors in Solo Que are purposefully destroying totems just so it can't be Booned.
So I dropped a few pallets nearby and missed skillchecks on gens.
You know, just to help out the Killer find us more easily.
I'm in no way a filthy survivor main who wants the game to be in Survivors favor, but no matter which side it is. If you go out of your way to ruin the game for others and spite because you want to be some wannabe Batman vigilante.
Then you better hope you know how to loop a Killer with 0 pallets left in the map.
As far as I understand it, the stacking refers to totems in overlapping range of one another. Which is definitely possible on some maps. Multiple totems can still be blessed at once, right?