Anyone else prefer playing underwhelming killers?
As the title suggests, playing underperforming killers feels so much more fun for me. I'd take Legion, Twins, and Demo any day than Spirit or Blight.
At this point, playing the game the way you want should be your priority. Sure, survivors will occasionally boast themselves at gates whenever I play Demo or Legion, but at least I had fun playing them. I used to care about my performance in matches at red rank but over time, I noticed that this game is not worth stressing over thus, shifting my attention toward other playstyles.
I'm NOT saying you're not allowed to like the overperforming killers. Like whoever you want, but if you're not enjoying the top tiers because you feel forced to do so... babe, play whoever you want. With the current balance of the game, underwhelming killers will suffer, but if they make you feel happy, who's stopping you from playing them? Yeah, other players may [BAD WORD] on you, but their ignorance shouldn't change your mindset <3
Honesty, just have fun! You like Blight w/ Tinkerer? Go for it! You like meme builds w/ Legion? Go For it! I understand that people may not like the feeling of defeat, but until BHVR can improve the current balance of the game, don't stress over things out of your control!
Comments
i play basement trapper in customs to assert my dominance
I have been playing about 4 years and have pretty much always played Trapper (if I am playing killer). I love that guy. I play some of the other killers, Dr, Freddy, Myers. But my go to in general is the Trap Man, now and forever.
Getting good playing the weaker killers actually improves your overall gameplay especially when you swtich to top shelf killers as you dont have to try as hard still take dedication
I like few killers; Plague, Demo, Pig, Myers are some my faves. PH too, but he's pretty strong. That said, I have to admit I use Spirit more than any of the others.
But I don't feel guilty about that because I am at a disadvantage compared to most Spirit players, since I can only hear out of one of my ears (headphones don't really work for me the same as others), and directional sound is key for oppressive spirit play.
I like playing as Legion, but wins are harder to come by with them. Legion needs help.
You got a good point though. The effort you made playing the lower tier can help transfer over to the upper tier. As long as the player knows how to play the particular power.
They really do! Once the team splits up, it's almost game over unless you camp hard ;p