Changes to pinhead
In this PTB Pinheads addons we’re nerfed pretty harshly. I get it was to change the hoarder play style but these changes really hurt him but the problem was they didn’t give him any buffs to compensate. Here’s my changes to cenobite and some of his addons
- Increase Lament configuration solve time from 6 seconds to 8 seconds(personally I would add the yellow glyph skillchecks to the box so it’s more fun and challenging).
- fix the chain spawn logic so if you chain someone the chains will spawn away from you so you don’t break your own chains.
- increase the time it takes to break away from a chain based on distance.(example if you chain someone from 24 meters away it takes 8 seconds to break each chain, if you chain someone from 12 meters away it takes 4 seconds to break each chain).
- make it so if a chain spawns in a wall and breaks another will instantly spawn with no delay. If survivors use the environment to break the chain it doesn’t break instantly but will act like Slingers chains and break faster.
- reduce chain hunt start time from 90 to 85 seconds
- while chain hunt is not active survivors will not see the lament configuration beyond 24 meters. When a chain hunt is activated the lament configuration is revealed to all survivors.
These are the base kit changes I would make to him basically since his addons were nerfed I made some of them base kit so he doesn’t need to run certain addons anymore and I buffed his chain projectile so it’s more strong and fun in chase. Here are the addon changes
Addon Changes
Burning candle:
- Decrease the time for chain hunt to activate by 2.5 seconds.
Tourture pillar:
- Decrease the time for chain hunt to activate by 5 seconds
Liquified Gore:
- Increase the time it takes survivors to solve the lament configuration by 1 second
Larry’s Remains
- Increase the time it takes survivors to solve the lament configuration by 2 seconds
Chatterers tooth:
- Reveal the lament Configuration.
- picking up the lament configuration deactivates chain hunts.
- gain the undetectable status effect until a survivor picks up the lament configuration or if you injure or put a survivor into the dying state with a basic attack.
Iridescent Lament configuration:
- Survivors carrying the lament configuration are inflicted with Exposed
These are all the changes I would make to pinhead I based this off the PTB since his addons were nerfed. I wanted to make him stronger in chase but not to overpowered. My goal was to reduce his addon realiability and make him stronger and more rewarding to play as while not being to strong for the survivor side.
Comments
I made the edit to add Liquified gore and Larry’s remains so it adds up to PTB and my changes I forgot to add them
This should be in the feedback section especially since you arent discussing stuff but I'd like these.
If pinhead goes through how he is in the ptb I'll stop playing him so I'm all for this
good stuff.
although, the nonstop chain hunts from the iri box are fun...
Thanks I had to think carefully with these buffs cause i didn’t want to make him too powerful but I’m happy you like the buffs and changes
for sure!
I think one of my favorite things about dbd is the fact that it uses game mechanics to tell an infinite amount of stories, and I love dissecting that. (sorry, I'm a game design nerd)
I actually got into dbd after being told a board game I was making had a similar theme. (asymmetrical horror)