Killer rank should be per Killer instead of all.
Alright so here is the blunt of this discussion/idea: What if Rank for killers was tied to individual killers instead of them altogether.
Hear me out at the very least.
So recently I got to rank 1 mainly with Myers and Wraith and It's completely put a sledge in my ability to play almost any other killers as their levels and my skills with them just doesn't match Rank 1 play. I try Clown and I get demolished. I try hag, someone I've played before, and I lose more then I win. Considerably more then I win. Ranking up as been killing my motivation to play other killers, and to even play the game itself. I can't attempt to de-rank ether, cause then I'd face a Temporary Ban. Or be bored out of my mind for an entire day.
Wouldn't it just be nice to get your favorite killer to rank 1, and then switch off to play someone new at a rank that's perfect for your skill lvl at that moment in time?
I mean this for Killer only because if we're being honest, survivors are skins. Your skills with Dwight are the same with David. Perks or no perks. Killers are a bit different. Your skills with Nurse are not the same as your skills with Hillbilly, no matter what perks you have.
P.S. This would also tie in perfectly with people's wishes for Rank 1 rewards. They could be tied to a specific killer. For ex. Get Trapper to Rank 1 and receive an exclusive skin (Like Prestige. But harder)
Comments
Problem number one: if you play with many different killers, then you'll never reach high ranks.
Problem number two: people would heavily abuse it.
Do I need more reasons?
This guy pretty much nailed it. My recommendation is to play the killers you are weak on after a season reset. Then you can build up experience with appropriate level survivors. Seasons reset monthly so it isn't a big deal to wait until then.
on one and, I love the idea, and thought of it myself.
On the other hand, that means that I, as a killer main, could get my favorite killers up to rank 1, and keep a few at the lower levels just to stomp on people I shouldn't play against.
But on the third hand (we all got three right?) People already derank. Why make it easier?
Maybe you dont wanna reach high ranks?
Imagine this for example, you reach rank 1 with your tryhard nurse, but then you want to learn a new killer.....
Also, how could this be abused?
Great idea. Would also solve the problem with disgustingly long killer queues at rank 1 at the moment.
Good when new killers release too, no longer do you have to up against 4 man SWF squads with meta builds while all you have are the first tiers of the killer's own perks.
Are you kidding me?
What could go wrong if a rank 1 killer suddenly switches to his rank 20 killer?
Well if he never played that killer he will perform badly too, isnt that the point of the rank system?
I dont get why this would be abuse. Sure a lot of general knowledge will carry over to another killer, but I dont see a real problem with this. SWF are allowed to queue with low ranks too, soo whats exactly the point?
That was one of my wishes as well, until i realized that you can terrorize low ranks with 11 other Killers without having to derank.
Sure, you might not be as skilled with this Killer than with that one, but almost all Killers play the same basic way anyway.
You are making some massive assumptions here. This would result in new players quitting very soon since they would constantly be crushed by smurf killers. There are a lot of killers in the game now, how long do you think it would take to get them all to level 1? That is a lot of time that I would be paired up with inappropriate matches.
I would like this, shows off more skill with certain killers.
I derank regularly. The devs support the idea of deranking so I see no reason why I shouldnt. This is what I do to avoid these genrush SWF now.
And you know sth? The "beginner players" (usually they arent) enjoy these kinds of games, even if I 4k them. The best conversations I had were with beginner players that asked me for advice or sth. I guess this is also due to the fact that there are a lot of campers at the medium ranks that just make the game unfun for survivors. The only time I will use my full potential and make survivors suffer is when red ranks play SWF with low ranks and play like scum.
Sure, the community has some special individuals that will use this new rank system to bully beginner players, but they already can do now, so I dont see a reason why we shouldnt consider this. Also you can only do that a few times, your rank will rise eventually
And btw, we need to get rid of this monthyl rank reset, but thats obvious anyway
That player will also most likely not have proper perks or addons which is another reason why the idea is good
What could be done is after a certain point all killers share a rank like your main killer can be rank 1 but all your other killers will be at rank 8 or something you know? I play a few fighting games and they do this to where a certain point all other characters will rank a few ranks behind you. Now maybe in practice it could work here?
Actually I was thinking of something along the same lines too. I've made my way to rank 2 killer because of a few good games with killers I'm good at. But if I switch out to something I play less often (I like to level/play everyone), I end up getting thrashed. For example, I'm a rank 2 player with Hag but I am by no means a good Clown. With him I struggle to get even 2 kills most games.
The solution for people saying "but what if they bulldoze rank 20 players?", is simple - there's a generic killer rank which is your average and there is your individual killer rank. Your individual killer rank never goes below your average unless that too drops (e.g I'm a rank 2 Hag but my generic killer rank is let's say 10 because I suck at the other killers, so my Clown wouldn't ever have to go against players lower than that). Although how this would be calculated would be entirely up to how the devs deem fair.
No, he won't. There are not enough differences between each killer to believe that skill won't transfer. Half of the killers are 115% ms M1 simulators to begin with.
Bullying new players will not fix this issue. It will exacerbate it.
Waiting till rank reset is good enough as it is.
It's as dumb as suggesting that using only No Mither should bring a Rank1 survivor to Rank20 queues.
It's telling that some people are quick to judge others for intentionally deranking, and then somehow support virtually the same thing.
But there's down sides, too, obviously, most of which have been brought up already.
If you guys are gonna disagree with something, at least say a alternative or suggest a solution instead of completely shutting down a idea.
i think its a good idea i love playing every killer but i cant ever have fun playing nurse or huntress unless im at a lower rank this would be quite good actually
nah, what they need instead is it to be way harder to rank up with killer. Right now it's far too easy and you're essentially guaranteed a pip. If it was harder then less killers would be a rank one that don't need to be. No offence but if you're struggling that much with hag, you probably belong more in the purple ranks. It would also solve the ridiculous que times
I fully support this idea, especially because I've always considered the global killer rank to be a quite big design flaw, specifically because killer levels, perk amount slots, actual available perks and addons and experience don't all follow uniformly when you improve in rank.
Either they should do whats suggested or they should rework the rank and reward system greatly, so for instance rank and rewards follows all killer and survivor characters.