Is There Any Way To Signal 'I Want To Give You Hatch' As A Killer?
Sometimes feel genuinely bad when, after the enemy team has a rough game/a DC and everyone else is eliminated, I want to give the last player the hatch.
However, they frequently run off in the complete opposite direction, with me chasing after and trying to herd them like a spiky Border Collie.
Is there any commonly accepted gesture - and if not - can we make one?
Comments
Go up to a hook, slap the hook, keep walking.
Remember my survivor friends, Wiggle = Die.
Uhh just drop them over and over? Pretty clear you’re letting them go at that point.
Haha I've tried that. I think they think that I'm being BM, and often DC.
I'll try that for sure.
If you're playing pyramid head you could try drawing a heart with his power ❤
Generally, I'm never really sure if I'm getting hatch unless the killer quite obviously walks right by a hook, then I'll usually stop struggling and see what's happening. Though if I'm not dropped directly on hatch I tend to assume the killer is about to do the 'slam the hatch in your face' move that's popular with some killers and refuse to crawl the difference, on the other hand this is usually countered when the killer takes a few steps away from the hatch to indicate they aren't going to do it. Communication with just gestures can be difficult if all your gestures are literally geared towards "Imma kill you!" lol!
I...may actually try drawing an arrow in Hag traps. XD
Pick them up and walk past several hooks they'll probably know you're giving them hatch by now. If not and they're still wiggling, might as well just hook
A good way to do it is to just stand somewhere and let them search for it. Sure you don't get to feel like you have "given" them hatch as a sort of act of mercy, but then the question becomes whether you are actually giving them hatch because you care about how they feel, or whether you are mostly doing so to feel better yourself. If you let them get hatch on their own, sometimes they will even feel as if they've escaped rather than you letting them escape, which can be an even better feeling for them.
There's the risk that they will stall even if they find the hatch, or that they will act gleeful in post-game chat about having gotten hatch, but at least if that happens you know they are a pesky person, and imagine if you had actually carried such a person to the hatch yourself - they don't deserve that!
Just let them go n givem the ggs I usually try to fake a good chase and let them 360 me till they find hatch unless it's a big map I'm nice but I don't have all day
I've had the hatch closed in my face waaaaay more times than I can count to the point I don't trust killers to give me the hatch. It's the killers that ruin the trust of survivors with fake farming and fake giving hatch. They say "don't wiggle" and walk you to hatch, drop you little bit away and stomp it closed in your face or walk you to hook next to hatch and close hatch in middle of you being sacrificed. So you can say "let's have universal sign" but that quickly gets ruined by the ones that use it to trick survivors.
As killer I'll show them I'm giving them the hatch by downing them, walking to a hook as if I'm going to hook them, then turn around and keep walking. Otherwise I haven't really 'given' them the hook, they earned it.
As a survivor? I don't trust any killer, I've had enough pretend they were giving me the hatch just to hook me and laugh in post game. You'll need me in your arms and give me the hatch before I trust that you will.
I prefer to have that last chase because they can sometimes find the hatch mid chase and really earn it; it kinda of feels like giving up to not chase the last person and would suck to rob them of the chance of getting a clutch escape. Plus sometimes its how well they do in that final chase that makes me want to give the hatch <3
If I'm playing survivor though and get dropped away from the hatch I probably wont crawl for it and give them the satisfaction of knowing I haven't put the controller down. Almost as many do this as let me go sometimes it seems :) Though still not as many as survivors who wait in the exit to give the killer a 'free hit for the bloodpoints' as they Dead Hard out the gate ;)
As some others have said, if picking up a survivor I might swing my weapon and hit a few random objects and that often stops them wiggling; or if they wiggle out then sort of following them and attacking thin air from a really far safe distance or lunging in the general direction of the hatch.
Depending on your killer you can try and use their abilities to show you aren't a threat; Shredding\Chainsawing walls obviously no where near them but close enough they can see what you are doing; Doctor\Pig etc spam the ability without letting it go off, ranged killers you can make it clear you have no ammo by throwing them away for them to see etc.
Yeah I'd say the typically "stop wiggling I'm trying to give you hatch" signal is to do a quick head shake after pick them up if they start to wiggle. Kinda says no, stop it. If they continue to wiggle I just kill them.
If you're a survivor and want a chance at hatch don't ever wiggle on pick up if you're the last one left. That's typically how I decide if I'm hooking you or letting you take hatch. You have to submit to defeat. Wiggling says you haven't given up.
I swing my weapon and shake my head if they wiggle. If they keep wiggling, I drop them, shake my head at them, and swing my weapon again. If they keep wiggling when I pick them back up, not much choice but the hook.
Though if gens were very close to being done, I'll herd them to the most progressed gen instead. Sometimes I'll sit on the hatch to force the survivor to finish the gen and get that dreaded Left For Dead achievement. They'll thank me for it later.