I just want a Yes or a No

Devs, do you care about console players?

The game has gotten tremendously worse with each chapter release and I don’t think I can take it anymore with the rubber banding and freeze lags. Each year we are promised proper optimization and we get nothing but the same dry answer.

I am truly tired of the copy and paste from PTB straight to console. I am no Dev but it looks like you guys don’t do any polishing or fixes.

This game is 5 years old, FIVE YEARS! How has it manage to get worse? Aren’t things supposed to improve over time? Wasn’t Optimization supposed to happen before the PS5 and XSX? I am truly disappointed in you BHVR.

Comments

  • I definitely sympathize with this issue, but I don't know what to do.

    I'd try to console you, but I doubt it'd work.

    Just ask the devs.

    ---

    I'm so sorry, I've been waiting a long time to make that joke somewhere.

  • As the devs would say "play other games" or just buy a PC... Guess there is nothing else that we can tell you...

  • @BabyCameron10 said:

    Devs, do you care about console players?

    The game has gotten tremendously worse with each chapter release and I don’t think I can take it anymore with the rubber banding and freeze lags. Each year we are promised proper optimization and we get nothing but the same dry answer.

    I am truly tired of the copy and paste from PTB straight to console. I am no Dev but it looks like you guys don’t do any polishing or fixes.

    This game is 5 years old, FIVE YEARS! How has it manage to get worse? Aren’t things supposed to improve over time? Wasn’t Optimization supposed to happen before the PS5 and XSX? I am truly disappointed in you BHVR.

    Devs don't care about their console player base except for when it comes to cosmetics.

  • @Lordofweed said:

    As the devs would say "play other games" or just buy a PC... Guess there is nothing else that we can tell you...

    It really weird to hear that from a company. I have never heard any game I play say something like that. It’s sad and it shows that they really don’t care about it’s playerbase, the ones that took them where they are today.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    How has it manage to get worse?

    The Realm Beyond?

    They are trying to make the game next gen. Older hardware is suffering as a result sadly.

    I hate The Realm Beyond. It took away what was special about Dead by Daylight. I didn’t care about how the graphics looked, I just cared about having fun. The Devs are slowly taking that away from its players.

    At least we still have Haddonfield and Swamp maps :D

  • @Beaburd said:

    I definitely sympathize with this issue, but I don't know what to do.

    I'd try to console you, but I doubt it'd work.

    Just ask the devs.

    ---

    I'm so sorry, I've been waiting a long time to make that joke somewhere.

    Ngl that was a good one

  • @BabyCameron10 said:

    Devs, do you care about console players?

    The game has gotten tremendously worse with each chapter release and I don’t think I can take it anymore with the rubber banding and freeze lags. Each year we are promised proper optimization and we get nothing but the same dry answer.

    I am truly tired of the copy and paste from PTB straight to console. I am no Dev but it looks like you guys don’t do any polishing or fixes.

    This game is 5 years old, FIVE YEARS! How has it manage to get worse? Aren’t things supposed to improve over time? Wasn’t Optimization supposed to happen before the PS5 and XSX? I am truly disappointed in you BHVR.

    I will answer for em: No

  • No they don't they just want your money and to use you to fill PC que times. Console players should all turn off crossplay in protest until they get cross progression and better performance.

    That or form a class action I'm sure a lawyer dude could make a case somewhere for console

  • Console ignored and adding itself to another store

  • @ClumsyTrapper said:

    No they don't they just want your money and to use you to fill PC que times. Console players should all turn off crossplay in protest until they get cross progression and better performance.

    That or form a class action I'm sure a lawyer dude could make a case somewhere for console

    The one profession I don't have friends in is law :(

    In other news, my medical friend has informed me that if you are hit by a chainsaw, you will not get up.

  • They care about money.

    That's all.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2628815#Comment_2628815

    The one profession I don't have friends in is law :(

    In other news, my medical friend has informed me that if you are hit by a chainsaw, you will not get up.

    Not with that attitude

  • From my history with this game everything was running Fine until trickster chapter. When the infamous stuttering began (back then it was with status effects onscreen).

    Then RE came and boy oh boy....one of the worst experienced ever on console DBD...

    To be fair at this rate I'm Just expecting them to announce a DBD 2.0 where they'll stop the support for old gen consoles and machines and move on to work on next gen.

    And don't even get me started on the The artist. Everything looks smooth on ptb, but just you wait if you have The artist, the crows and RPD on the same screen on your console 🙃

  • @BadLooperQ said:

    From my history with this game everything was running Fine until trickster chapter. When the infamous stuttering began (back then it was with status effects onscreen).

    Then RE came and boy oh boy....one of the worst experienced ever on console DBD...

    To be fair at this rate I'm Just expecting them to announce a DBD 2.0 where they'll stop the support for old gen consoles and machines and move on to work on next gen.

    And don't even get me started on the The artist. Everything looks smooth on ptb, but just you wait if you have The artist, the crows and RPD on the same screen on your console 🙃

    It's always been bad.

    It just used to be stable and consistent.