2022 roadmap for alternating survivor/killer mega nerfs
I have always believed Behavior knows what it will nerf 6 months + in advance, but it deliberately spaced and alternates the nerfs to keep one side from being too enraged. Here are my thoughts on the path forward patch by patch (source: my posterior):
meganerf 1: boon totems (usually I would give this a few more months but we are in MoM territory now)
meganerf 2: blight
meganerf 3: dead hard
meganerf 4: NOED
meganerf 5: something gen speed related
meganerf 6: nurse (again), also another wraith nerf
Am I wrong?
Comments
Ow.
That is all.
You’re right, I forgot to mention another pig nerf but it won’t be massive, will just take her from C- to D+.
Yes, we need another wraith nerf, make him die when use the bell
alas cries the wraith, such tears of gore.
My predictions (and partial wishlist):
I think leatherface, trickster, blight, twins and Michael Meyers will be nerfed. Deathslinger was rightly nerfed but his kill rate wasn't at the top which means the devs are listening to our feedback! Those five killers are complained about a lot and for.apart from Meyers mostly good reasons so I think they will all be tweaked, even if it is just add on changes like Meyers's unlimited tier 3 and tombstones and mirror and blight's recharge hit add on.
I don't think Trickster could really be nerfed any further without hitting sub Nurse kill-rates. He's crap-tier as it stands.
Leatherface is only a problem when he facecamps. Which BHVR have already stated they have a mechanical change in mind to discourage.
I don't even know if Twins even really exist anymore. I play survivor on occasion and have literally never seen one.
Why on earth would you nerf Meyers? He's one of the weakest killers in the game.
Trickster is a really underrated killer. He is one of the strongest chasers in the entire game and has zero counterplay unless you are at the shack or a really good jungle gym, and even then you will just take another loop or so before you go down... he can't lose a chase if his aim is even decent. Deathslinger was an A tier killer in the right hands/right add ons pre-rework, and trickster is just as good in a chase. Probably a B tier if the trickster player is really good, A tier with the right add ons. Watch DEAD plays to see his potential, he is a really good trickster.
Yeah, I agree with leatherface. He has really high kill rates though so I think a good nerf would be to make his chainsaw stop after one hit. That way he wouldn't be as good at camping and it wouldn't affect normal leatherface gameplay too much because you only need one hit to down.
I have gone against twins only three times but all of them just camped and slugged. I think that should be looked at, there isn't much counterplay to victor and the hitbox is so massive it's really hard to miss. Since deathslinger got nerfed I think the developers are finally making changes based off feedback as well as kill rate, and maybe if victor becomes AI like the zombies more people would play the twins.
I don't think meyers should get his power nerfed, his power is very well designed and balanced besides the slow start and how annoying it is to have your team feed him stalk and get 99%ed and downed with no warning. But tombstones and unlimited tier 3 are unquestionably OP, and he could maybe be buffed if they were nerfed.
(Edit: Also, trickster has received nothing except buffs since he released. Buffing him again is ridiculous.)
Oof. Where to even start here...
Engineer’s Fang should be basekit for Pinhead if anything. It’s a Nurse blink that doesn’t teleport you to the survivor, doesn’t injure them without the add-on and barely gains you any distance with how fast they break.