Why can't the killer see their ping?
Or the survivor see it either. Asking this AS the killer. Why is it for everyone else and not the killer?
Getting really tired of this hit validation crap and I know my ping isn't bad so I wonder why it needs to be hidden from me.
Sitting here after flat out DCing as a match after I go to Demon smash someone with Oni only for them to move forward drop a pallet that instead of them being too late to hit me with. Or even break...STUNS me....with 100 ping.
When I am survivor my GD ping is like 30-40. Why the F is a guy with 100 ping getting priority over me at a pallet?
Comments
Just play Survivor instead. Hit Validation is survivor sided even when the survivors ping is bad. It looks at the survivors perspective first and then chooses a place between them - and that always means a miss for the Killer.
When they could of just made it so the server favors whoever had the better connection.
But why do that? Because then 4 survivors with bad connections would complain - compared to one killer complaining.
I normally play with 20ms, take pride in a high end computer and great connection. Just to be punished by their bad idea of a "hit validation", so I stopped playing.
As killer you can see your ping in the pre game lobby but not mid game which idk why that is. Survivors and killers can tell the survivors ping by pausing during a match
LOL not at all ๐
Server sided = the player with the lowest ping is favored, period.
And most action are still killer sided...
https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/185864/news-hit-validation-beta
As killer only you can see your ping in pre game lobbies but not mid game which idk why that's a thing meanwhile survivors and killers can see the survivors ping mid game.
The killer used to host the match before dedicated servers were a thing so the killer always played with a 0 ping.
That's why the killer ping isn't displayed to this day even though killers now are hosted like any other player which means the devs need to update the menu at some point so it displays the killer's ping as well at least in-game.
The MMR has ruined the game as killer for me. It isn't fun at all because if you win some games you start playing teams who do the gens in 5 seconds and or teams you need to play lame as hell to win against.
Throw in a denied Dead hard hit or a pallet validation thing it makes it VERY UNPLEASANT experience. A missed hit is SO MUCH more devastating than it used to be.
It's not working like that. You see it all the time. I experience it myself. Survivors are always getting favored by the server. Myself and streamers whose literal jobs require them to have good connections should not be losing too hit validation.
The validation doesn't even turn on until 180ms ping AFAIK, and the gameplay is greatly affected even at 100ms because they just slapped dedicated servers onto a p2p game. I get SA players on the NAE server all the time. It's awful.
I have a ton of experience playing cross-region on both sides. Having a bad connection is a huge advantage for both sides. Survivors micro-stutter to pallets and killers hit you from Narnia.