Will new chapter come with new map or realm beyond?

I like new maps and the 1 in 100 to enjoy the Realm Beyond. So I’m wondering

Comments

  • Honestly just using the old realms with new building as a new map, I would be still happy.

    If you compare between Cursed Legacy & Chain of hate. Both came with 1 Killer, 1 Survivor and a new map. But CL had much less work since they reuse Yamaoka realm, the only new thing was the main building. CoH map was a completely new realm with far complicating layout.

    Blight with new Red forest map, Twin with new Crotus map...thats my simple wish.

  • As far as I know, the new chapter will have a new map.

  • Well, based on the last Q&A the devs did, I'd say it's safe to say that if it's going to be the Realm Beyond and not a new map, it's not going to be another realm that's updated. It would probably be more portraits.

  • @C3Tooth said:

    Honestly just using the old realms with new building as a new map, I would be still happy.

    If you compare between Cursed Legacy & Chain of hate. Both came with 1 Killer, 1 Survivor and a new map. But CL had much less work since they reuse Yamaoka realm, the only new thing was the main building. CoH map was a completely new realm with far complicating layout.

    Blight with new Red forest map, Twin with new Crotus map...thats my simple wish.

    I prefer less of that, I get so tired of the same back drops. It makes me dislike a lot of maps I otherwise wouldn't mind. Especially when I see what the game used to be. They ruined the beautiful Japanese maps with the nasty Badham color pallet. It makes me sad just thinking about it.

  • I am dying for new realms! It's been way too long; I can't believe we will only get two new maps in 24 months. This community is very resilient because many games would die with such a map drought. I hope the rumors about getting The Abbey of St. Carta from The Nun as a new map are true.

  • @Nicholas said:

    I am dying for new realms! It's been way too long; I can't believe we will only get two new maps in 24 months. This community is very resilient because many games would die with such a map drought. I hope the rumors about getting The Abbey of St. Carta from The Nun as a new map are true.

    Nah, plenty of games do well without adding maps. The characters are what kill games. Once developers get fruity and think we need no more new killers, that is when the game will actually die.

  • @ThiccBudhha said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2619205#Comment_2619205

    Nah, plenty of games do well without adding maps. The characters are what kill games. Once developers get fruity and think we need no more new killers, that is when the game will actually die.

    Yes, and plenty succeeds without much content at all. It depends on various factors. I said many, not all, an important distinction you seemed to miss with your reply. Even without new killers, I believe the game would survive for a while.

  • When there’s a realm visual overhaul, they tend to post concept art and WIPs on their social media. They used to, anyway.

    That said, I’m really hoping there actually is a realm update. It’s been 3 major updates without one.

  • Every time we get a new map, please complain endlessly.


    I don't know what people want at this point. Based on comments on these forums:


    • No swamp maps. Unfair because you can't see traps from Hag or Trapper.
    • No indoor maps of any kind. Even suggesting you like an indoor map means you deserve to be stoned to death on these forums.
    • No daytime maps (because that isn't horror)
    • No dark maps (because you can't see)
    • No small maps (too easy for killer to pressure gens)
    • No large maps (too much boring running)
    • No low tile maps (killer can see you)
    • No high tile maps (can't find gens)


    I'd suggest a flat, blank, plain chess board but then people would complain there's not enough pallets.

  • @WesCravenFan said:

    Every time we get a new map, please complain endlessly.

    I don't know what people want at this point. Based on comments on these forums:

    • No swamp maps. Unfair because you can't see traps from Hag or Trapper.
    • No indoor maps of any kind. Even suggesting you like an indoor map means you deserve to be stoned to death on these forums.
    • No daytime maps (because that isn't horror)
    • No dark maps (because you can't see)
    • No small maps (too easy for killer to pressure gens)
    • No large maps (too much boring running)
    • No low tile maps (killer can see you)
    • No high tile maps (can't find gens)

    I'd suggest a flat, blank, plain chess board but then people would complain there's not enough pallets.

    It’s almost like there is different people that want different things and the forum is not one single hive mind?

    there will always be people complaining about something new, regardless what it is. Maybe don’t focus too much only on the negativity.

  • I hope it's neither.

    Better if the map team is busy splitting RPD in half instead. I wonder how they will split it though.

    Will it be both upper floors + main room, and both lower floors + main room? (Similar to Azarov's Resting Place)

    Or will it be both west wings + main room, and both east wings + main room? (Similar to The Game)

    Maybe all four variants?

  • Realm beyond 1 was Sep 2020, last Realm beyond was Coldwind in May 2021. Its been half a year and no more Realm beyond.

    Whats happening to the Realm beyond team?

  • @C3Tooth said:

    Realm beyond 1 was Sep 2020, last Realm beyond was Coldwind in May 2021. Its been half a year and no more Realm beyond.

    Whats happening to the Realm beyond team?

    Realm Beyond is not only map reworks though. Survivor and Killer model and animation updates are part of it too as well as other assets like gens, chests, pallets etc.

  • Anything new map-related will make me happy at this point, I need more maps or at least new swamp

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2619559#Comment_2619559

    Realm Beyond is not only map reworks though. Survivor and Killer model and animation updates are part of it too as well as other assets like gens, chests, pallets etc.

    I know, but with 5 map Realm beyond update in 9 months. With 8 Realms: Badham, Yamaoka / MacMillan / Ormond , AutoHeaven / Crotus, Game / Coldwind. Honestly I expect at least 1 map update from now to the end of this year.

  • Hopefully and new map, and no ######### reworks.

  • @C3Tooth said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2619578#Comment_2619578

    I know, but with 5 map Realm beyond update in 9 months. With 8 Realms: Badham, Yamaoka / MacMillan / Ormond , AutoHeaven / Crotus, Game / Coldwind. Honestly I expect at least 1 map update from now to the end of this year.

    Yeah I actually expected the last 3 remaining realm reworks to happen this year in the mid-chapters…

    just wanted to add that the survs models probably took up one of the spots

  • @WesCravenFan said:

    Every time we get a new map, please complain endlessly.

    I don't know what people want at this point. Based on comments on these forums:

    • No swamp maps. Unfair because you can't see traps from Hag or Trapper.
    • No indoor maps of any kind. Even suggesting you like an indoor map means you deserve to be stoned to death on these forums.
    • No daytime maps (because that isn't horror)
    • No dark maps (because you can't see)
    • No small maps (too easy for killer to pressure gens)
    • No large maps (too much boring running)
    • No low tile maps (killer can see you)
    • No high tile maps (can't find gens)

    I'd suggest a flat, blank, plain chess board but then people would complain there's not enough pallets.

    To be fair it’s not the same individuals making all those complaints. Different people like or dislike different things, the playerbase isn’t a single homogenous group.

    Personally I’m always excited by new maps. I like playing on certain maps more than others (aka “boo corn!” And “why can’t “I get to a hook in RCPD?”) but even the maps I get annoyed with sometimes are cool to see and try out.